Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Connecting tweeter to amplifier, Car amplifier

views

TSPratish153
post Jul 9 2021, 07:03 PM, updated 3y ago

4 posts

Hi guys, I am using a 4 channel amplifier to power 4 speakers and two Tweeters. I'm not using crossover for the tweeter but my tweeter comes built in with capacitor so I just wire the tweeter to my front speakers. Does this mean that my front 2 channels have 4 outputs instead of two? Will this damage my amplifier ?
kohchuup
post Aug 7 2021, 03:40 PM

Getting Started
192 posts

QUOTE(Pratish153 @ Jul 9 2021, 07:03 PM)
Hi guys, I am using a 4 channel amplifier to power 4 speakers and two Tweeters. I'm not using crossover for the tweeter but my tweeter comes built in with capacitor so I just wire the tweeter to my front speakers. Does this mean that my front 2 channels have 4 outputs instead of two? Will this damage my amplifier ?
Why u want to do this? If u want proper setup, u got to use crossover for your mids and tweets, each got to do their part, crossover is to cut off freq for their respective speakers. If u do not use crossover ur speakers will play all freq, tweeters cant please low, if too low u will fry ur tweets.

U need to know what ur value caps of ur tweeter, need to know what freq it cut off in order for u to set ur mids freq
mkyo3
post Aug 10 2021, 09:12 PM

Getting Started
59 posts

Nah... wont damage your amp.. total Watt per channel is shared on both speaker and tweeter but each those device get slightly lower gain.

eg.. 1 channel is 100W,
1 speaker then get 100w
1 speaker 50w + 1 tweeter 50w (shared the wattage)
this is moneky math... exact value is different.

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0144sec    0.18    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 02:16 AM