Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

How to buy/book new car registration plate number

views

smileyz
post Feb 11 2012, 03:28 AM

6 posts

QUOTE(ecwm @ Jan 13 2012, 05:19 PM)
Looks like we're on the same wavelength.  rclxms.gif  Yes. U can have Perlis plate. I just got RK18x on 23 Dec 2011. I will tell you my procedure.
I called JPJ Perlis (049760122) and spoke to Zamree. He's the officer in charge for the Nombor Pendaftaran. Told him the number that i wanted and if available just ask him to keep temporarily. Currently is RJ (already 18months on road) and RK(latest-haven't seen on road yet) is also available to choose. Booked my number but he don't allow permanent booking. Which is i need to go JPJ Perlis within 2 or 3 days to settle the payment and sign the document. 23 Dec night 10pm drove to Perlis. Made a stop in Ipoh to rest a while. Then continue journey. Reach JPJ Arau Perlis at 830am. Met the officer, signed the documents and pay the cash. Got the receipt came back to KL. Journey thru and flow took almost 16-17 hours. Drove slowly without speeding. At speed limit 90-110km/h. Then with your new car documents and the receipt u send back to JPJ Perlis for the road tax to be made. The road tax will be post back to u and u give your car salesman and he will "gao tim" for you with the new car. Then u just collect your car few days later with your desired Perlis plate.
This sounded crazy i know. Haha.. But that's what i've done. I heard got runner do but i'm not sure where to find and how much they charge. If Malacca or Ipoh still ok la.. Perlis is almost Thailand already...  biggrin.gif
If u need any directions i can tell u...  smile.gif
Thumbs up to you. Will ask you later. smile.gif

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0143sec    0.20    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 02:18 AM