[Pandemic] Travelling Local/ Overseas, Where & how

views

TSsweet_pez
post Jul 6 2021, 10:24 AM, updated 3y ago

何を見ているの
Group Icon
Staff
4,242 posts

As we know, this pandemic will go on for... we don't know how long. Borders may be closed now, but hope remains high for reopening in 2022. Travelling would have changed by next year with requirements of vaccination and perhaps PCR tests.

Do share updates or tag me and i'll update the main thread.

THAILAND

Phuket is open for travelers. Quoted from CNBC:

According to the Tourism Authority of Thailand (TAT), to avoid quarantining in Phuket, visitors must show:

- A vaccination certificate with a vaccine approved by the World Health Organization, or Thai health authorities, administered no fewer than 14 days before arriving; accompanying children are allowed
- A negative RT-PCR test (taken within 72 hours of departure)
- A medical insurance policy of no less than $100,000 that covers the stay
- An approval called a Certificate of Entry to enter
- Proof of payment for a 14-night stay and necessary Covid tests, or if staying less than two weeks, travelers must also show confirmed departure flights out of Thailand
- Proof that travelers spent the preceding 21 days in a low-risk or medium-risk country outlined on a list that is mostly in Thai on the website of Thailand’s Department of Disease Control

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/07/01/who-can-tra...llow-rules.html

Additional requirements:

- Upon arrival, travelers must undergo health screening
- Download monitoring application called ThailandPlus
- Must also take and pay for a Covid-19 test and await results at their hotel
- Additional tests are required on travel day 6 or 7, and for those staying longer, again on day 12 or 13
- Tourists must prepay and stay in hotels or homestays that have been certified as “SHA+” which denotes that they’ve met Safety and Health Administration measures and vaccinated more than 70% of employees.

Those who test negative can freely travel around Phuket, and after 14 days, to other parts of Thailand, provided they practice social distancing, submit to temperature checks and wear masks.

Timeline for reopening Thailand

July - August 2021

The ‘Island Approach’ will begin with Phuket from 1 July, followed by Surat Thani, including Samui-Phangan-Tao from 15 July. The approach will continue in August with an ‘Extension’ concept to be introduced. For Example, travel to Phuket and combine with Krabi, including Phi Phi, Koh Ngai and Railay or Phang Nga (Khao Lak and Koh Yao).

September 2021

From September, certain areas in Chiang Mai, Chonburi (Pattaya) and Buri Ram) will be opened for vaccinated tourists without quarantine.

Chiang Mai: Mueang, Mae Rim, Mae Tang and Doi Tao Districts

Chon Buri (Pattaya): Neo Pattaya, Pattaya City and Bang Lamung and Sattahip Districts

Buri Ram: Mueang District and the Chang Arena.

October 2021 and onwards

From October, Bangkok, Cha-Am and Hua Hin, as well as any other Thai destinations that are ready, will be reopened to vaccinated foreign tourists without quarantine.

TAT is also considering the reopening of other destinations with nearby tourist islands, including Pattaya (Ko Lan) and the provinces in the Eastern Economic Corridor (Chachoengsao, Chon Buri and Rayong).

https://news.cision.com/tourism-authority-o...y-2021,c3370827

This post has been edited by sweet_pez: Jul 6 2021, 10:26 AM
TSsweet_pez
post Jul 6 2021, 10:24 AM

何を見ているの
Group Icon
Staff
4,242 posts

reserved post
TSsweet_pez
post Jul 6 2021, 10:24 AM

何を見ているの
Group Icon
Staff
4,242 posts

reserved post
MR_alien
post Jul 6 2021, 02:28 PM

Mr.Alien on the loss
3,300 posts

the borders are never closed...you just lack the ticket
while thailand island is reopen with strict T&C to follow

there are countries outside which you can already travel since early this year that doesn't really require any strict quarantine policy...it also doesn't require you to be fully vaccinated or just require u to have at least 1 dose only
countries such as UAE, greece, turkey has been open for entry for months already
i feel like japan is coming soon as they already started prepping on it
TSsweet_pez
post Jul 7 2021, 10:17 AM

何を見ているの
Group Icon
Staff
4,242 posts

QUOTE(MR_alien @ Jul 6 2021, 02:28 PM)
the borders are never closed...you just lack the ticket
while thailand island is reopen with strict T&C to follow

there are countries outside which you can already travel since early this year that doesn't really require any strict quarantine policy...it also doesn't require you to be fully vaccinated or just require u to have at least 1 dose only
countries such as UAE, greece, turkey has been open for entry for months already
i feel like japan is coming soon as they already started prepping on it
Borders not closed meaning we can travel to other countries for leisure? hmm.gif based on current situation, can't even get out of own state except with urgent matters on permission though.

So I guess you mean we CAN travel out for holiday but insufficient ... air ticket? Thus meaning those who can afford, can go holidaying? hmm.gif weird that there's no top guys flaunting travel photos (yet).

I don't think Japan will open up any time soon. There's a high chance the numbers will go up due to the Olympic Games, and they will be busy dealing with the aftermath for a while.
MR_alien
post Jul 7 2021, 11:12 AM

Mr.Alien on the loss
3,300 posts

QUOTE(sweet_pez @ Jul 7 2021, 10:17 AM)
Borders not closed meaning we can travel to other countries for leisure? hmm.gif based on current situation, can't even get out of own state except with urgent matters on permission though.

So I guess you mean we CAN travel out for holiday but insufficient ... air ticket? Thus meaning those who can afford, can go holidaying?  hmm.gif weird that there's no top guys flaunting travel photos (yet).

I don't think Japan will open up any time soon. There's a high chance the numbers will go up due to the Olympic Games, and they will be busy dealing with the aftermath for a while.
yes we can
all we need is either to adhere to their quarantine rules or their entry requirement

most people that started going holidays since the early of this years aren't coming back to their motherland(not necessarily MY) due to need to serve a mandatory 14 days quarantine
from early this year till before total lockdown, i saw a total of 3 families already flew from KL to melbourne(moved there)
a sinkie flew home(SG) earlier this year for a few month...now back to some nordic countries again
food ranger went to dubai now, mark weins is now at LA

and for those who say japan isn't opening up anytime soon?
this is posted 4 days ago by JNTO...look at the captions

TSsweet_pez
post Jul 7 2021, 11:24 AM

何を見ているの
Group Icon
Staff
4,242 posts

QUOTE(MR_alien @ Jul 7 2021, 11:12 AM)
» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «

Yes i mean the ones you mentioned is not holiday, they're going away permanently (settling down elsewhere) so i guess that's viable. Last year I've also had friends who returned to Malaysia because they left SG for good. A Japanese counterpart based in Malaysia flew back to Japan due to an emergency. What i was pointing out - Phuket is open for holiday, most are not. Perhaps the few you mentioned like Greece, Dubai etc is also welcoming visitors/ tourists.

As for Japan... I see it as typical travel ad laugh.gif staying relevant in pandemic imo because it's one of the top destination for holiday in Asia.
Personally, until they announce opening of the border for tourists/ visitors, I have my reservations for now. Just hope that Olympics won't hamper the hope of many people who wish to fly there for holiday.

This post has been edited by sweet_pez: Jul 7 2021, 11:25 AM
wzqf1 P
post Jul 7 2021, 02:26 PM

Probation
4 posts

QUOTE(sweet_pez @ Jul 7 2021, 10:17 AM)

So I guess you mean we CAN travel out for holiday but insufficient ... air ticket? Thus meaning those who can afford, can go holidaying?  hmm.gif weird that there's no top guys flaunting travel photos (yet).

Borders aren't closed at destinations. Borders are closed for Msians wanting to leave Msia except for a small subset of individuals such as a couple going to France to "enrol" their 5yo in school in summer. Jokes aside, list of exemptions can be found here https://mtp.imi.gov.my/myTravelPass/main?termConditionNXC

To answer the question, we can't leave for leisure. But for the sake of many who have been cooked up in their home with less than ideal situations such as deteriorating mental health, family issues etc., it may be better that the govt allow Msians to leave for a period given that we're paying for our own PCR tests and quarantine related costs regardless. This would also help struggling tour operators and hotels keep operations going especially if they're a designated quarantine facility instead of miserly handouts.

An example https://www.msn.com/en-my/news/other/kl-e2-...pt-1/ar-AALE2sb

Stay safe
TSsweet_pez
post Jul 7 2021, 02:37 PM

何を見ているの
Group Icon
Staff
4,242 posts

QUOTE(wzqf1 @ Jul 7 2021, 02:26 PM)
Borders aren't closed at destinations. Borders are closed for Msians wanting to leave Msia except for a small subset of individuals such as a couple going to France to "enrol" their 5yo in school in summer. Jokes aside, list of exemptions can be found here https://mtp.imi.gov.my/myTravelPass/main?termConditionNXC

To answer the question, we can't leave for leisure. But for the sake of many who have been cooked up in their home with less than ideal situations such as deteriorating mental health, family issues etc., it may be better that the govt allow Msians to leave for a period given that we're paying for our own PCR tests and quarantine related costs regardless. This would also help struggling tour operators and hotels keep operations going especially if they're a designated quarantine facility instead of miserly handouts.

An example https://www.msn.com/en-my/news/other/kl-e2-...pt-1/ar-AALE2sb

Stay safe
Yes, borders closed can be referring to both ways - Malaysia, as well as the destination. Either way, it's not possible for you to go where its intended when either one (malaysia or the other country you wanna fly to) is closed.

My 1st post was referring to either one. Alien san mentioned borders are not closed so i only wanted to clarify which one he's referring to.

"Surviving" the pandemic is priority for the government. Overseas travel for leisure remain to be something desirable... at least if things improved to a healthier level and state traveling is allowed, cuti-cuti malaysia would have been possible. That would at least be something. Sad to hear many hotels unable to sustain and has to close down.

I think everyone is going through mental stress, leisure travel is only one way to temporary manage that emotion. Guess what most people miss the most is the social aspect.

MR_alien
post Jul 7 2021, 03:08 PM

Mr.Alien on the loss
3,300 posts

QUOTE(sweet_pez @ Jul 7 2021, 11:24 AM)
Yes i mean the ones you mentioned is not holiday, they're going away permanently (settling down elsewhere) so i guess that's viable. Last year I've also had friends who returned to Malaysia because they left SG for good. A Japanese counterpart based in Malaysia flew back to Japan due to an emergency. What i was pointing out - Phuket is open for holiday, most are not. Perhaps the few you mentioned like Greece, Dubai etc is also welcoming visitors/ tourists.

As for Japan... I see it as typical travel ad laugh.gif staying relevant in pandemic imo because it's one of the top destination for holiday in Asia.
Personally, until they announce opening of the border for tourists/ visitors, I have my reservations for now. Just hope that Olympics won't hamper the hope of many people who wish to fly there for holiday.
actually a lot of countries are open for holiday
even more if you're fully vaccinated, u just need a ticket to get out of here only
and it doesn't need to be a direct flight ticket...u can fly to a country that has less restriction and u go from there...all u need is money actually
for example, u can go from here to dubai which only require you to have a negative pass from there only
thn from there, there are alot of countries that do not require u to even quarantine at all.....places like LA, NYC..etc
not because of your nationality but because of the countries u fly from
key is, u need to get out 1st

qatar airways and emirates already back to fully operational
cathay pacific has already rehiring if not wrong last month already

RegentCid
post Jul 7 2021, 04:35 PM

グローバル防衛構想
4,036 posts

Whole EU already open for all. But Malaysia Govt not allow Malaysian go out from country. What to do?

Not easy to get approved from My Travel application.
miuk
post Jul 14 2021, 10:16 AM

Enthusiast
733 posts

Yeah issue would be getting a MTP approval to leave the country. When i chit chatting to the KLIA immigration officer, he was saying every day there will be a few folks that will try to leave the country without the MTP approval.

BTW at the entrance of KLIA, they actually check for your PCR test results before even letting you go to the check in counter.
tpleong
post Jul 16 2021, 07:57 PM

Enthusiast
795 posts

QUOTE(miuk @ Jul 14 2021, 10:16 AM)
Yeah issue would be getting a MTP approval to leave the country. When i chit chatting to the KLIA immigration officer, he was saying every day there will be a few folks that will try to leave the country without the MTP approval.

BTW at the entrance of KLIA, they actually check for your PCR test results before even letting you go to the check in counter.
Early this year , visitors still allowed to go into KLIA. May have changed now.

tpleong
post Jul 16 2021, 07:58 PM

Enthusiast
795 posts

QUOTE(sweet_pez @ Jul 6 2021, 10:24 AM)
As we know, this pandemic will go on for... we don't know how long. Borders may be closed now, but hope remains high for reopening in 2022. Travelling would have changed by next year with requirements of vaccination and perhaps PCR tests.

Do share updates or tag me and i'll update the main thread.

THAILAND

Phuket is open for travelers. Quoted from CNBC:

According to the Tourism Authority of Thailand (TAT), to avoid quarantining in Phuket, visitors must show:

- A vaccination certificate with a vaccine approved by the World Health Organization, or Thai health authorities, administered no fewer than 14 days before arriving; accompanying children are allowed
- A negative RT-PCR test (taken within 72 hours of departure)
- A medical insurance policy of no less than $100,000 that covers the stay
- An approval called a Certificate of Entry to enter
- Proof of payment for a 14-night stay and necessary Covid tests, or if staying less than two weeks, travelers must also show confirmed departure flights out of Thailand
- Proof that travelers spent the preceding 21 days in a low-risk or medium-risk country outlined on a list that is mostly in Thai on the website of Thailand’s Department of Disease Control

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/07/01/who-can-tra...llow-rules.html

Additional requirements:

- Upon arrival, travelers must undergo health screening
- Download monitoring application called ThailandPlus
- Must also take and pay for a Covid-19 test and await results at their hotel
- Additional tests are required on travel day 6 or 7, and for those staying longer, again on day 12 or 13
- Tourists must prepay and stay in hotels or homestays that have been certified as “SHA+” which denotes that they’ve met Safety and Health Administration measures and vaccinated more than 70% of employees.

Those who test negative can freely travel around Phuket, and after 14 days, to other parts of Thailand, provided they practice social distancing, submit to temperature checks and wear masks.

Timeline for reopening Thailand

July - August 2021

The ‘Island Approach’ will begin with Phuket from 1 July, followed by Surat Thani, including Samui-Phangan-Tao from 15 July. The approach will continue in August with an ‘Extension’ concept to be introduced. For Example, travel to Phuket and combine with Krabi, including Phi Phi, Koh Ngai and Railay or Phang Nga (Khao Lak and Koh Yao).

September 2021

From September, certain areas in Chiang Mai, Chonburi (Pattaya) and Buri Ram) will be opened for vaccinated tourists without quarantine.

Chiang Mai: Mueang, Mae Rim, Mae Tang and Doi Tao Districts

Chon Buri (Pattaya): Neo Pattaya, Pattaya City and Bang Lamung and Sattahip Districts

Buri Ram: Mueang District and the Chang Arena.

October 2021 and onwards

From October,  Bangkok, Cha-Am and Hua Hin, as well as any other Thai destinations that are ready, will be reopened to vaccinated foreign tourists without quarantine.

TAT is also considering the reopening of other destinations with nearby tourist islands, including Pattaya (Ko Lan) and the provinces in the Eastern Economic Corridor (Chachoengsao, Chon Buri and Rayong).

https://news.cision.com/tourism-authority-o...y-2021,c3370827
With so many requirements, I rather not go .
deodorant
post Jul 17 2021, 11:52 PM

Surfing LYN instead of Working.
5,691 posts

Can travel is one thing can come back without quarantine is another. For me in SG it’s been some time now since can go Europe or other countries that don’t need quarantine. Can come back anytime also, problem is still the 2 week quarantine here which is a show stopper for 99% of pipits.
cmsiow
post Jul 19 2021, 12:49 AM

Getting Started
220 posts

In the event of contracting covid in oversea, any insurance we can buy to cover for it?
abu_adi
post Aug 3 2021, 05:10 PM

Getting Started
89 posts

QUOTE(tpleong @ Jul 16 2021, 07:57 PM)
Early this year , visitors still allowed to go into KLIA.  May have changed now.
now even Subang airport they wont allow you inside the gate of the building unless you're the passenger / crews. got police checking for interstate permit letter and flight ticket. i wonder how the shops inside the airport survives if just the crews and passengers
RegentCid
post Aug 3 2021, 10:15 PM

グローバル防衛構想
4,036 posts

» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «

The latest news about Japan border was closing until 2022 Q2. If everything under control, reopen around Apr / May.
Olympic fxxx up Japan real hard.....My Est will be Q3.

This post has been edited by RegentCid: Aug 3 2021, 10:16 PM
sckham
post Aug 12 2021, 01:58 AM

Regular
1,166 posts

QUOTE(miuk @ Jul 14 2021, 10:16 AM)

Im planning leave Malaysia to where else for 1-2 years,
I understand need apply for MTP,
If i have letter for company, its that enough?

And do we need vaccined before leave?
Any ideas guys?
miuk
post Aug 12 2021, 03:08 AM

Enthusiast
733 posts

QUOTE(sckham @ Aug 12 2021, 01:58 AM)
Im planning leave Malaysia to where else for 1-2 years,
I understand need apply for MTP,
If i have letter for company, its that enough?

And do we need vaccined before leave?
Any ideas guys?
Apply for the MTP asap takes time from what i read on the FB group.

2 Pages  1 2 >Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0248sec    0.22    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 08:09 AM