Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Punishing: Gray Raven, Action RPG. Game is LIVE!

views

TSSzzz
post Jun 28 2021, 07:20 AM, updated 3y ago

Getting Started
120 posts

user posted image

Action RPG Hack and slash game. Gameplay and style is like NieR + Honkai Impact 3 + Devil May Cry. Global release date is on 16th July 2021.
Closed beta for Android and iOS has just ended and pre-registration is up

App Store link: https://apps.apple.com/US/app/id1571685286

Play Store link: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?...ng.grayraven.en

Introduction
Punishing: Gray Raven is a fast-paced ultra-stylish Action-RPG.

Mankind is almost extinct. Earth has been conquered by a robotic army—the Corrupted—twisted and warped by a biomechanical virus known as The Punishing. The last survivors have fled into orbit, aboard the space station Babylonia. After years of preparation, the Gray Raven special forces unit leads the mission to reclaim their lost homeworld. You are their leader.

As commandant of the Gray Raven unit, you are tasked with assembling the greatest cyborg soldiers the world has known and lead them into battle. Unravel the dark truths behind the Punishing virus, push back the Corrupted and reclaim the Earth in this stylish action RPG.

Teaser

Gameplay Preview (CN Server)

Links

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/PGR.Global

Twitter: https://twitter.com/PGR_GLOBAL

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/PunishingGrayRaven

Official Website: https://pgr.kurogame.net/pre

Official Discord: https://discord.gg/pgr

This post has been edited by Szzz: Jul 16 2021, 01:08 PM
TSSzzz
post Jun 28 2021, 07:20 AM

Getting Started
120 posts

Reserved
TSSzzz
post Jun 28 2021, 07:46 AM

Getting Started
120 posts

Played the Closed Beta for Global for a little bit. Here's my review:

1) Game ran very smoothly on my phone without overheat issues.

2) Battle mechanics is very fun. The controls are very natural too and I didn't feel awkward playing it on the phone (unlike other ARPG games). A lot of skills and combos involved. Bosses can easily 2 shot your character if you make mistakes.

3) Game graphics wise and character design is good too. Graphics obviously not as good as PC games but it is among the better mobile games I played. Characters don't feel like they are just some generic character

4) Very good looking and clean UI. Like most modern mobile games, game UI looks more simplified and clean taking pointers from Arknights UI. UX though, I felt there were too many buttons on the main screen and took me awhile to get used to.

5) Good gacha rates. Developers are quite generous too. At launch there will be five S Rank characters (highest rarity) and they will be giving a free S Rank selector for us to choose. Additionally there will be a beginner banner that will give you another S Rank. From what I heard, monthly card buyers can easily pull for all S Ranks released as they usually take around 3 months to release a new S rank character, enough time to save for it. There are also weapon banners, but their rates are so much better than any other games I seen so far.

6) Music is great. Honestly I feel all mobile games now have this though. It's like a requirement to have this in nowadays

7) Storywise. I didn't really get into the story during my playthrough but I heard it gets better later on.

8) There are global leaderboards for players to compete in scores versus bosses (clear time & HP as objectives). The rewards for this is very bottom ranking friendly meaning as long as you participate, you will get good rewards. Higher ranks are obviously for whales. I didn't really get to experience this in Closed Beta so I'll have to see how this goes at the game launch.

9) Somewhat good developers. At the start of CN server, Kuro games did mess up a lot but they redeemed themselves somewhat and the game has been running for over a year now. Over time, the game got better and better. They don't seem to be the kind to screw over playerbase for money unlike other developers.

Overall, I'll give this game a try see where it goes. From what I experienced so far, its a good game and have high probability to play this for a long time.

This post has been edited by Szzz: Jun 30 2021, 02:41 AM
Ayer
post Jun 29 2021, 06:18 PM

Getting Started
188 posts

Will try and see what's up
degraw1993
post Jun 30 2021, 02:56 PM

Regular
1,892 posts

im actually had mixed feelings on this one though im big fan of action rpg game but its made for mobile game while looking at that graphics
TSSzzz
post Jul 8 2021, 07:38 AM

Getting Started
120 posts

16th July release date is official. Game is releasing next week

TSSzzz
post Jul 15 2021, 03:41 PM

Getting Started
120 posts

Pre-download is up

Server going live at 10am, 16th July
TSSzzz
post Jul 16 2021, 09:35 PM

Getting Started
120 posts

Game is live, anyone playing?
less1234
post Jul 17 2021, 02:34 PM

25 posts

As someone that came from Genshin as a decent player...this game is indeed Punishing.

Not to mention the combat system is much more complex with matrix dodge, 3 orb pings, QTE tag in while the visual complexity is also next level with tons of things going around on screen. Getting 3 shot by boss is normal if you are using a non tank.

They are indeed pretty generous with the rolls; paid 27 MYR to get the 34 card to get the monthly pass A that comes with a 5* Lucia weapon. I guess this game will take at least 1-2 weeks of my attention so they deserve the 27 bucks from me. Plus you get a free S rank of your choice at start, S rank Kamui is the solid pick due to the leader ability, S rank Nanami is not bad too if you are building a fire elemental team.

This post has been edited by less1234: Jul 17 2021, 02:36 PM
Ayer
post Jul 17 2021, 08:39 PM

Getting Started
188 posts

QUOTE(less1234 @ Jul 17 2021, 02:34 PM)
As someone that came from Genshin as a decent player...this game is indeed Punishing.

Not to mention the combat system is much more complex with matrix dodge, 3 orb pings, QTE tag in while the visual complexity is also next level with tons of things going around on screen. Getting 3 shot by boss is normal if you are using a non tank.

They are indeed pretty generous with the rolls; paid 27 MYR to get the 34 card to get the monthly pass A that comes with a 5* Lucia weapon. I guess this game will take at least 1-2 weeks of my attention so they deserve the 27 bucks from me. Plus you get a free S rank of your choice at start, S rank Kamui is the solid pick due to the leader ability, S rank Nanami is not bad too if you are building a fire elemental team.
Might feel overwhelming at first but I think can pick things up at a faster rate too thanks to the way it designed. After some time everything becomes simply muscle memory

I would say during combat the movement control actually backfire more often than one would think. Honestly dodge and attacks are all that should be focused and you'd be good with most fights. Dodge here is silly cus the direction don't matter it will still nullify any attack (as long as you time it right ofc)
Ayer
post Jul 17 2021, 08:41 PM

Getting Started
188 posts

Rn I only plan to power up a single S character. Not gonna bother with the newbie banner im saving all my pulls for future stuff
Ayer
post Jul 17 2021, 08:42 PM

Getting Started
188 posts

Very goofy to have the daily reset at 3pm btw lmaoo
TSSzzz
post Jul 18 2021, 05:55 AM

Getting Started
120 posts

QUOTE(less1234 @ Jul 17 2021, 02:34 PM)

You'll get used to the combat. It only gets easier from here.

Bought monthly too and see how it goes from here.

QUOTE(Ayer @ Jul 17 2021, 08:42 PM)
Very goofy to have the daily reset at 3pm btw lmaoo
Caught me off guard too. Very random timing.
TSSzzz
post Jul 19 2021, 01:21 AM

Getting Started
120 posts

Now for some major red flags for PGR's global launch

1) Global beginner banner reward for black cards are halved compared to CN, TW and JP server. This means the game isn't as F2P friendly as initially calculated. I think global is missing a free daily stamina pack too. This sets a precedence that they will not hesitate to nerf future event rewards too.

2) The store is priced higher than CN server. You won't be able get a monthly for $5, unlike CN server it costs 30 yuan there. Overall if you are whaling or buying multiple monthlies, you are going to notice the difference. They purposely sell you 28 Black cards (you need 30 for monthly) for $5 just to force you to cough up extra.

3) Our first event in global is not completable without paying. You need to spend quite abit just to complete the event, which is bollocks imo. They should just put the skin up for sale if they didn't want to give a free skin instead they hide it up under a pretense of an event. First event and they already showing their greed

4) Not really major but their localization for event timing is non existant. Days reset at 3pm, Co-op opens at 12-4am. It's like they are not even trying.

If they don't fix this problems, there's no point really continuing to play this game on global. Might as well download the CN or TW to play.

Since I already spent on this month, I'll play one more month to see if they fix all the issues above. If not I'm definitely out.
phillip88
post Jul 19 2021, 12:19 PM

Sound of Silence
1,062 posts

Have been on TW while waiting for Global. Seems like Global is a pet now, nice for collecting dailies and that's it. Until they fix the unfairness, I guess I'll stop spending and treat the 1st day as sunk cost.

Back to TW for more content and rewards - the latest event is generous enough for me to splurge all stamina (I'm lazy lol) and got at least 6 6-stars stigmas.
TSSzzz
post Jul 19 2021, 02:50 PM

Getting Started
120 posts

What a trainwreck of a release. From 4.9 last 12 hours to this. It'll probably drop even more.

Maybe Kuro has to start bribing the userbase for reviews just like what Kingsense did.

user posted image
Ayer
post Jul 19 2021, 07:15 PM

Getting Started
188 posts

Nah people are wild for this. People are comparing a launch day server benefits against another that has been around for some time, the reason the latter gives more to new players is so they don't feel fomo too much

People easily let slide the fact that they hand out the selector S and that's monumentally better than what other games are doing. Remember you only need to care about 3 units heck even just 1 actually to go through the game content at this early stages
TSSzzz
post Jul 19 2021, 09:35 PM

Getting Started
120 posts

QUOTE(Ayer @ Jul 19 2021, 07:15 PM)
Nah people are wild for this. People are comparing a launch day server benefits against another that has been around for some time, the reason the latter gives more to new players is so they don't feel fomo too much

People easily let slide the fact that they hand out the selector S and that's monumentally better than what other games are doing. Remember you only need to care about 3 units heck even just 1 actually to go through the game content at this early stages
Nope, we are definitely getting less BC than other servers. Dunno where you getting your info from but their launch day is different.

Here's proof. This video is from Dec 2019 CN server. Forward to 35:35

They added a B Nanami costume to make up for this, essentially forcing you to trade BCs for the skin.

I'm not sure how much less BCs we are getting overall, but I think the bigger problem is that it shows that they will not hesitate to do this in future events too.

And I don't think people will let this slide anymore. People just generally hate to be discriminated at. We are in 2021, Global audience knows what is up nowadays. Take Kingsense and MHA:TSH for example, they tried similar things and paid the price for it. If it was 5 years ago yeah, they probably could have got away with this but nowadays people are more informed on things going on in other servers.
TSSzzz
post Jul 20 2021, 04:28 AM

Getting Started
120 posts

In other words, we don't care lol you can suck it up.

I smell a massive wave of refunds incoming, then a U turn on this decision. The same with MHA:TSH. It's like they never learn from history.
Ayer
post Jul 20 2021, 08:13 AM

Getting Started
188 posts

QUOTE(Szzz @ Jul 20 2021, 04:28 AM)

In other words, we don't care lol you can suck it up.

I smell a massive wave of refunds incoming, then a U turn on this decision. The same with MHA:TSH. It's like they never learn from history.
They could just send everyone 5k bc and be done with all this shenanigans. People getting pressed over $1 top up increase is goofy behavior though

I will say the response from the official is lacking here. But ehh I'll just stick to enjoying the game

2 Pages  1 2 >Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0194sec    0.46    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 11:36 PM