Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Need advice! (Buying property), Condo vs landed vs KL vs outskirt?

views

TSTomRiderss
post Jun 21 2021, 03:25 AM, updated 3y ago

Getting Started
179 posts

Hi Guys,

Need some advice. Coz ive been thinking for so long and havent make any decision till now.

Perhaps i can get new perspective from you guys all the property gurus!

About me:
Race: Non-bumi
Working: at Bangsar (will i be working in same company for rest of my life? dont know)
Property budget range: up to 600K max that i willing to pay

So i've been searching to own a house soon since im currently renting and i want to have a better living space. I'm not willing to renovate people's house. So considering my age i think its about time.

I got few choices here:
1. Subsale condo in KL (500k+) - for example the Leafz near kuchai there or sunway belfield infront of PNB tower
2. Subsale double story terrace house in Old klang road (500k+)
3. Condo in Cyberjaya (400k) - not yet know which unit interested
3. Buy land (350K for 5000+ sqrt feet) and build own bungalow house (additional 250k?) in Kajang

Looking at short term and long term. Which one would i benefit more?

What would you choose? and why?

Thank you! notworthy.gif
mini orchard
post Jun 21 2021, 06:45 AM

10k Club
All Stars
13,913 posts

QUOTE(TomRiderss @ Jun 21 2021, 03:25 AM)
Hi Guys,

Need some advice. Coz ive been thinking for so long and havent make any decision till now.

About me:
Working: at Bangsar (will i be working in same company for rest of my life? dont know)

So i've been searching to own a house soon since im currently renting and i want to have a better living space. I'm not willing to renovate people's house. So considering my age i think its about time.

I got few choices here:
1. Subsale condo in KL (500k+) - for example the Leafz near kuchai there or sunway belfield infront of PNB tower
3. Buy land (350K for 5000+ sqrt feet) and build own bungalow house (additional 250k?) in Kajang

Thank you!  notworthy.gif
0. Generally is a good decision if you can buy a property along the LRT/MRT line. That will give you a choice of either driving or ride the train.

1. Take into consideration mid term planning. Buy a unit of 1k sf or more. If you settle down later, a bigger space is more ideal for married couple with a kid or two. There is no rush to upgrade and can have better directions for the family where will the next location for the family house.

It is easier to sell a bigger unit when you decide to upgrade. Many developers now are building smaller units for lower selling price but higher price psf. Is going to flood the market and competition will be high for those in future subsales

2. You cant buy a terrace subsale fot 500k+ in OKR. Tmn Desa to OUG is around RM1mil +/-.

3. Cyber is a nice place but many foreigners. Refer to 1 if buying.

3. Is not wrong to dream but not practical for now. The total 600k isnt enough for now if you decide to proceed and you need plenty of cash upfront for construction.
jagadis
post Jun 21 2021, 06:48 AM

Aspire to Inspire before we expire
1,102 posts

Which part of old klang road gives you a subsale double story property for RM500k

This post has been edited by jagadis: Jun 21 2021, 06:48 AM
TSTomRiderss
post Jun 21 2021, 09:32 AM

Getting Started
179 posts

QUOTE(mini orchard @ Jun 21 2021, 06:45 AM)
0. Generally is a good decision if you can buy a property along the LRT/MRT line. That will give you a choice of either driving or ride the train.

1. Take into consideration mid term planning. Buy a unit of 1k sf or more. If you settle down later, a bigger space is more ideal for married couple with a kid or two. There is no rush to upgrade and can have better directions for the family where will the next location for the family house.

It is easier to sell a bigger unit when you decide to upgrade. Many developers now are building smaller units for lower selling price but higher price psf. Is going to flood the market and competition will be high for those in future subsales

2. You cant buy a terrace subsale fot 500k+ in OKR. Tmn Desa to OUG is around RM1mil +/-.

3. Cyber is a nice place but many foreigners. Refer to 1 if buying.

3. Is not wrong to dream but not practical for now. The total 600k isnt enough for now if you decide to proceed and you need plenty of cash upfront for construction.
QUOTE(jagadis @ Jun 21 2021, 06:48 AM)
Which part of old klang road gives you a subsale double story property for RM500k
1. I would agree with you on the trending, these days i saw alot of smaller unit being sold. and i was advised the same by some property agent.

2. its actually a lelong unit starting price at 380k+ like that.... i willing to bid to 600k but most probably people will bid higher.. i dont know... coz not yet auction date.

3. Why i consider cyber coz i work in IT field, theres possibility in future that i might have to work in this place if i resign, and its nearer to putrajaya. i like the environment there.

4. yeah i know its not practical, thats why im in dilemma, just thinking if i dont grab the opportunity now... im afraid i can no longer afford to own a bungalow in selangor and near town area. nowadays bungalow cost millions and i cant really afford it right now. some more im not bumiputera, hence cannot buy cheaper land. this land to me selling quite cheap for freehold and non bumi lot at rm73+ per sqrt feet nearby kajang town.

Aidenmori P
post Jun 21 2021, 09:50 AM

Probation
45 posts

Hi Guys,

About me:

I got few choices here:

I'm 32. Had the same dilemma and I ended up buying a 300k++ 690sqft unit for me and my partner. Now is the age of uncertainty and I would rather buy something I can afford now. I'm not a pro, just bought something I can sustain. Also need to think of renovation cost.

If you plan to settle down, then it makes sense to get a bigger unit. If you can afford why not. Mrt/Lrt will help u tremendously if you change your job.

I also want a landed house, bigger unit but can't afford it now haha :') So will upgrade or get a new unit if I can in the future. Prices now don't make sense.

The most important thing is location, affordability and why do you want to buy. You can watch Sean Tan videos. He has good points. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6lMWEfHG60s&t=442s

Good luck!

jagadis
post Jun 21 2021, 09:51 AM

Aspire to Inspire before we expire
1,102 posts

QUOTE(TomRiderss @ Jun 21 2021, 09:32 AM)

2. its actually a lelong unit starting price at 380k+ like that.... i willing to bid to 600k but most probably people will bid higher.. i dont know... coz not yet auction date.

Keep in mind that OKR houses are mostly old are were built in the 70s-80s.

Most probably the house will need about 150k renovation just to return it to a liveable condition.

I know some in OUG who have spent about 400k to modernize their house. Nothing too fancy, just to make it look and feel like a modern house.

Otherwise, if you can secure the property and turn it into a liveable condition, it's a good buy. OKR is a strategic location.
mini orchard
post Jun 21 2021, 10:02 AM

10k Club
All Stars
13,913 posts

QUOTE(TomRiderss @ Jun 21 2021, 09:32 AM)
1. I would agree with you on the trending, these days i saw alot of smaller unit being sold. and i was advised the same by some property agent.

3. Why i consider cyber coz i work in IT field, theres possibility in future that i might have to work in this place if i resign, and its nearer to putrajaya. i like the environment there.

4. yeah i know its not practical, thats why im in dilemma, just thinking if i dont grab the opportunity now... im afraid i can no longer afford to own a bungalow in selangor and near town area. nowadays bungalow cost millions and i cant really afford it right now. some more im not bumiputera, hence cannot buy cheaper land. this land to me selling quite cheap for freehold and non bumi lot at rm73+ per sqrt feet nearby kajang town.
Talking about bungalow land, I was eyeing a piece seafront facing land 2 years b4 covid. Is my retirement place and wont be too long.

Planning to erect a SS bungalow but because of some cons consideration, have delayed the decision and then covid came and now not looking at it temporary.

I also went as far to Cameron to find a piece of affordable land but tbe good ones are beyond my wallet. So gave up.
ulala2
post Jun 21 2021, 12:28 PM

Getting Started
245 posts

Hi Guys,

About me:

I got few choices here:

Based on the conditions provided, I suggest you buy a smallest size of condo unit which near LRT station.

1) small size = cheaper
2) Condo = more options, no need for many renovations
3) Come with common facilities
4) Near LRT, may save the transport fee

Below some of the search I found on Iproperty website, there are much more than that.
Please go and search there.

user posted image
digitalz
post Jun 21 2021, 09:02 PM

The only thing we have to fear is fear itself.
2,030 posts

QUOTE(ulala2 @ Jun 21 2021, 12:28 PM)
Based on the conditions provided, I suggest you buy a smallest size of condo unit which near LRT station.

1) small size = cheaper
2) Condo = more options, no need for many renovations
3) Come with common facilities
4) Near LRT, may save the transport fee

Below some of the search I found on Iproperty website, there are much more than that.
Please go and search there.

user posted image
The ones that you listed... such as 17 / Ryan & Miho / Hipster etc... are not really near public transports actually. Hence, there will be no saving of time / $ for transport fees.
propertyowner
post Jun 21 2021, 09:49 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,566 posts

Hi Guys,

About me:

I got few choices here:

1 & 2 already far exceed ur budget.

And need to replace willing to pay with afford to pay for better consideration
Cavatzu
post Jul 21 2021, 09:07 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,630 posts

Hi Guys,

About me:

I got few choices here:

5. Get an overhang unit under HOC terms with an alright location and size which fits your budget and is generally investment grade. This is a more mobile option should you move up in life.

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0133sec    0.24    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 02:15 PM