views

Andrewtst
post Apr 7 2022, 12:32 AM

Forgiveness is Happiness
All Stars
26,819 posts

QUOTE(xxboxx @ Apr 7 2022, 12:05 AM)
Long way to go...
I was waiting for adjustable more apps or recommendation on Start button. Wait till long neck
Soon will coming, so far everything is fine except the File Explorer issue.
Andrewtst
post Apr 7 2022, 02:50 AM

Forgiveness is Happiness
All Stars
26,819 posts

Dev Channel & Beta Channel New Build - 22593 (April 6, 2022)

Main changes - Bigger icon for Start Menu Folder. Quick Access at File Explorer is call Home now.
Main Fixed - Open bigger size video or compress file is back to instant now.

https://blogs.windows.com/windows-insider/2...ew-build-22593/

user posted image

This post has been edited by Andrewtst: Apr 7 2022, 03:09 AM
Andrewtst
post Apr 14 2022, 03:28 AM

Forgiveness is Happiness
All Stars
26,819 posts

Build 22598 (13 April 2022) - for Beta Channel & Dev Channel.
ISO is release for this build - https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-do...siderpreviewiso

https://blogs.windows.com/windows-insider/2...ew-build-22598/

New Search feature with explore additional ways to help people discover and get quick access to content they care about on the web with the Windows search box. (You may not seen this new concept as it was push to Windows Insider user randomly)

user posted image

This post has been edited by Andrewtst: Apr 14 2022, 03:28 AM
quiksilve83 P
post Apr 14 2022, 10:30 AM

Probation
12 posts

Looking good
daisiesdontdoit92
post Apr 14 2022, 12:37 PM

Casual
485 posts

https://www.techspot.com/news/94103-windows...#commentsOffset
Windows 11 to get enhanced phishing protection and more security features
"Phishing is as prevalent a problem as ever with scammers recently targeting streaming services, parking meters, and people filing taxes. With that in mind, Microsoft has designed one of Windows 11's latest security features to defend against such attacks. This and other new security features are set to arrive later this year.
When activated, Windows 11's enhanced phishing protection will notify users when they're entering Microsoft account information into websites or programs known for phishing scams. It also protects against deceptive advertising."
Phishing happens all the time to everyone, having this feature will be so useful.

MKaif
post Apr 16 2022, 05:36 PM

2 posts

Windows 11 is love...
quiksilve83 P
post Apr 20 2022, 11:35 AM

Probation
12 posts

Windows 11 is love but still buggy here and there
soonwai
post Apr 26 2022, 12:22 AM

8,688 posts

Last month upgraded my 7th gen Intel PC to 12th gen. Now can running Windows 11. From a clean install, can choose back the MS account linked
digital license that I used for my Win 10 install. Pretty good.
akhito
post Apr 26 2022, 10:07 PM

Casual
305 posts

KB5012643 22000.652 optional update is out for stable release. Quite a large update though main resolving bugs and performance issues

Note: some had reported that this update causes screen flickering in safe mode

This post has been edited by akhito: Apr 28 2022, 07:20 AM
Andrewtst
post Apr 30 2022, 05:26 AM

Forgiveness is Happiness
All Stars
26,819 posts

Build 22610 released for Beta and Dev Channel. (29 April 2022)
  • Main changes - Task Manager the Processes page in Task Manager now shows colors based on your accent color.
  • Main fixed - Using the rename, copy, paste, delete, and other options context menu options in File Explorer or on the desktop should no longer cause explorer.exe to crash when the context menu dismisses.
  • Main issue - The “Show hidden icons” flyout in the system tray may disappear completely for some Insiders, even though it shows as “on” under Settings > Personalization > Taskbar and “Other system tray icons”.

user posted image
xxboxx
post May 5 2022, 03:14 PM

The mind is for having ideas, not holding them
4,861 posts

Anyone have change motherboard and CPU without formatting Windows 11? Does it cause any issue with Secure Boot?

I'm planning to change motherboard and CPU but worry if Secure Boot might block Windows from booting or cause any issue.
loselegend
post May 11 2022, 07:59 PM

(◕‿◕✿)
864 posts

user posted image

It's been few months now.
How to solve this thing?
akhito
post May 12 2022, 09:35 AM

Casual
305 posts

latest windows 11 update is a mess. It breaks a lot of .net startup programs for some users . u might delay the update
xxboxx
post May 16 2022, 09:31 PM

4,861 posts

Changed motherboard and CPU. AMD to Intel. Secure Boot was disabled because I didn't factory default TPM on the new board, but it doesn't cause any issue for Windows to load.

The issue that I encountered is Windows always straight goes to BSOD and the message is "System Thread Exception Not handled"
If start in Safe Mode then it won't BSOD. I forgot to uninstall AMD Chipset software prior to change MOBO+CPU and I think that causes it to BSOD. I can't uninstall the program as it says some files were missing and ask to reinstall the chipset software, but when trying to reinstall it say incompatible CPU. doh.gif

I end up have to use back my old MOBO+CPU to boot Windows normally, reinstall the software and then uninstall it. During this time Windows Update also downloading and installing Intel driver, maybe it detected I boot with Intel before this and auto install the necessary driver. After all complete, change back to new MOBO+CPU and Windows can start without any issue.

I only changed MOBO+CPU and use all other components back but Windows detected it as different system and ask for reactivation. Office also ask for reactivation.
PJng
post May 17 2022, 12:32 AM

Look at all my stars!!
8,227 posts

QUOTE(xxboxx @ May 16 2022, 09:31 PM)
Changed motherboard and CPU. AMD to Intel. Secure Boot was disabled because I didn't factory default TPM on the new board, but it doesn't cause any issue for Windows to load.

The issue that I encountered is Windows always straight goes to BSOD and the message is "System Thread Exception Not handled"
If start in Safe Mode then it won't BSOD. I forgot to uninstall AMD Chipset software prior to change MOBO+CPU and I think that causes it to BSOD. I can't uninstall the program as it says some files were missing and ask to reinstall the chipset software, but when trying to reinstall it say incompatible CPU. doh.gif

I end up have to use back my old MOBO+CPU to boot Windows normally, reinstall the software and then uninstall it. During this time Windows Update also downloading and installing Intel driver, maybe it detected I boot with Intel before this and auto install the necessary driver. After all complete, change back to new MOBO+CPU and Windows can start without any issue.

I only changed MOBO+CPU and use all other components back but Windows detected it as different system and ask for reactivation. Office also ask for reactivation.
https://www.howtogeek.com/182847/htg-explai...ctivation-work/

Changing some part, or mostly motherboard
xxboxx
post May 17 2022, 10:01 AM

4,861 posts

QUOTE(PJng @ May 17 2022, 12:32 AM)
https://www.howtogeek.com/182847/htg-explai...ctivation-work/

Changing  some part, or mostly motherboard
Ya looks like just changing motherboard is enough to triggered reactivation.
soonwai
post May 17 2022, 02:34 PM

8,688 posts

QUOTE(xxboxx @ May 16 2022, 09:31 PM)

I changed board, CPU and RAM only as these arrived first. 7th gen to 12th gen i5. BIOS detects the SATA SSD but not as boot device because the SSD was MBR.

As for (re)activation, after new SSD arrived, I did a fresh Win 11 install. It let me choose the Win 10 activation that I was using previously. My Win 10 digital license was linked to my MS account.

All in all, quite a experience on Microsoft's part.
xxboxx
post May 17 2022, 08:31 PM

4,861 posts

QUOTE(soonwai @ May 17 2022, 02:34 PM)
I changed board, CPU and RAM only as these arrived first. 7th gen to 12th gen i5. BIOS detects the SATA SSD but not as boot device because the SSD was MBR.

As for (re)activation, after new SSD arrived, I did a fresh Win 11 install. It let me choose the Win 10 activation that I was using previously. My Win 10 digital license was linked to my MS account.

All in all, quite a experience on Microsoft's part.
I also have my Win license tied to my MS account so to reactivate is only pressing a button. I thought since I'm using all the other component back, Win will detect it as same PC. I guess they detect it on motherboard ID.
soonwai
post May 18 2022, 12:27 AM

8,688 posts

QUOTE(xxboxx @ May 17 2022, 08:31 PM)
I also have my Win license tied to my MS account so to reactivate is only pressing a button. I thought since I'm using all the other component back, Win will detect it as same PC. I guess they detect it on motherboard ID.
Mine everything changed except PSU, keyboard, mouse & monitor so was afraid will burn the license but luckily still can use back. Quite generous this Microsoft. That license was originally activated Win 7 Pro OA from Lenovo Thinkcentre M73 (now using as Linux server). Then I use the license on my 7th gen i5 (fresh Win 7 Pro then upgrade Win 10 Pro) and now the new 12th gen (fresh install Win 11 Pro.)

This post has been edited by soonwai: May 18 2022, 12:30 AM
JonathanHanYT
post May 18 2022, 08:48 AM

Getting Started
103 posts

The new trend as we can see was you can link your Windows 10 and Windows 11 license to your Microsoft Account. Once you replace your hardware and reformatted your computer, upon login to the Microsoft Account it will retrieve it back for you. So you don't have to manually key in and do activation by yourself. Very convenient to us end user.

47 Pages « < 43 44 45 46 47 >Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0254sec    0.64    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 3rd July 2022 - 05:38 PM