Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

3 Pages  1 2 3 >Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

What's a good career for someone who good in draw?

views

TSMasterConfucion
post Jun 16 2021, 12:28 PM, updated 3y ago

Enthusiast
909 posts

What is good career for someone who is good in drawing? Any career that give good pay and utilize this skill?.
I mean for the general population not like special 0.01% become Picasso or singer become international artist.

Just a normal good paying career. Got or not? Or this world only value ppl that can study and be PhD?
jetblast
post Jun 16 2021, 12:37 PM

Regular
1,010 posts

Personal art teacher. Work your own hours.
SUStikaram
post Jun 16 2021, 12:44 PM

10k Club
All Stars
10,722 posts

You can try be a youtuber teach people how to draw.

I am currently learn to draw from youtuber.

TSMasterConfucion
post Jun 16 2021, 12:52 PM

Enthusiast
909 posts

QUOTE(jetblast @ Jun 16 2021, 12:37 PM)
Personal art teacher. Work your own hours.
QUOTE(tikaram @ Jun 16 2021, 12:44 PM)
You can try be a youtuber teach people how to draw.

I am currently learn to draw from youtuber.
That's not a good career haha. I mean like something can earn at least 10k and have progress.

Mco time all art teacher become grab
mini orchard
post Jun 16 2021, 12:55 PM

10k Club
All Stars
13,913 posts

QUOTE(MasterConfucion @ Jun 16 2021, 12:28 PM)
What is good career for someone who is good in drawing? Any career that give good pay and utilize this skill?.
I mean for the general population not like special 0.01% become Picasso or singer become international artist.

Just a normal good paying career. Got or not? Or this world only value ppl that can study and be PhD?
A creative director in 4As, Designer or

Tattoo artist

maybe make-up beautician.

This post has been edited by mini orchard: Jun 16 2021, 03:44 PM
SUStikaram
post Jun 16 2021, 12:56 PM

10k Club
All Stars
10,722 posts

QUOTE(MasterConfucion @ Jun 16 2021, 01:52 PM)
That's not a good career haha. I mean like something can earn at least 10k and have progress.

I dont know as I am not youtuber. I saw the drawing video that i am learning from. Few thousand view each. I think ths youtuber earn around 3k to 5k

This post has been edited by tikaram: Jun 16 2021, 01:37 PM
Eulm585
post Jun 16 2021, 12:59 PM

Enthusiast
818 posts

QUOTE(MasterConfucion @ Jun 16 2021, 12:28 PM)

It's either you get famous or you work as graphic design/illustration.
But to get 10k a month steady pay just to draw for a corporate company is not something common.
TSMasterConfucion
post Jun 16 2021, 01:15 PM

Enthusiast
909 posts

QUOTE(Eulm585 @ Jun 16 2021, 12:59 PM)
It's either you get famous or you work as graphic design/illustration.
But to get 10k a month steady pay just to draw for a corporate company is not something common.
So sad. Means it's a useless skill 😟
SUSDezs
post Jun 16 2021, 01:16 PM

On my way
623 posts

Draw hentai? Owaiii... Jadi cikgu la.. MArehsia no hope for creative - you only have 2 ways here, either sell bontot or sell b40 stuff
Eulm585
post Jun 16 2021, 01:40 PM

Enthusiast
818 posts

QUOTE(MasterConfucion @ Jun 16 2021, 01:15 PM)
Up to you to interpret what's useful and not.
Friends that I have normally do freelance then setup own company to do video graphic, marketing all lumped into one. Earning quite big pay.
But if you just want to sit around and draw draw on a piece of paper and get 10k?
Err tough luck
handyboy
post Jun 16 2021, 01:42 PM

Getting Started
88 posts

branding / logo designer
TSMasterConfucion
post Jun 16 2021, 01:43 PM

Enthusiast
909 posts

QUOTE(Eulm585 @ Jun 16 2021, 01:40 PM)
Up to you to interpret what's useful and not.
Friends that I have normally do freelance then setup own company to do video graphic, marketing all lumped into one. Earning quite big pay.
But if you just want to sit around and draw draw on a piece of paper and get 10k?
Err tough luck
Yeah I mean Im looking something like your friend. Doesn't mean have to draw but with this skill what are the path that can be explored. Not everyone have this skill even if u train for it. It's a talent. Just leveraging on this talent.
Eulm585
post Jun 16 2021, 01:49 PM

Enthusiast
818 posts

QUOTE(MasterConfucion @ Jun 16 2021, 01:43 PM)
Yeah I mean Im looking something like your friend. Doesn't mean have to draw but with this skill what are the path that can be explored. Not everyone have this skill even if u train for it. It's a talent. Just leveraging on this talent.
Video/camera shooting and editing.
Then take up digital advertising and marketing.
Content writing and scripting.
Then build network with creatives.

These should be able to let you start an end to end marketing company.

Or you can try to work in one of the advertising companies first if you don't have what it takes
holypredator
post Jun 16 2021, 02:10 PM

Ketard Gang
1,646 posts

QUOTE(MasterConfucion @ Jun 16 2021, 12:52 PM)

Drawing as in what??

Architect?? Interior designer??

If you are talking about just drawing... then you could just ask those people who sell drawings on the street how much they earn...

You could try your luck on Youtube also... you could earn a lot if you managed to get tons of subs/views...

If you are talking about career.... then become an architect... you have quite a high chance of earning >RM10k after 10 years and have good progress...

Interior designer... not very likely to succeed... but if you are the lucky few... you can also have a good career being a designer...
cempedaklife
post Jun 16 2021, 02:17 PM

Master Decoy
4,017 posts

you can also do youtube.
i personally like this channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/ArtforKidsHub

and during mco, a lot of newbie or student offered free online art classes to get the kids occupied. that will hopefully level up your confidence, give you more exposure (redirect your free students and parents to the youtube channel).

this is apart from the daily job you may have, be it art teacher in school or center or whatever.

you may also draw inspiration from https://thewokesalaryman.com/.
i think he may have started it out as a hobby and now got sponsorship to provide Public advice to the general population.

i myself started writing in Medium. personally know a fellow in /k that did this and kinda convinced me to do it.
I'm earning rm1 or 2 per article.
him?
probably a few k monthly if converted to MYR.

rome wasn't built in a day, bro

This post has been edited by cempedaklife: Jun 16 2021, 02:22 PM
Takudan
post Jun 16 2021, 02:18 PM

Enthusiast
834 posts

Good to aim high, but you need to have realistic expectations that you're not going to START at 10k, and the bar could be set very, very low. I am only an art hobbyist and I purposely opt out from making it my professional career when I selected my uni course, because I personally did not believe in making it big -- I personally follow several art professionals and it makes me inferior lol.

What I see that allows them to earn bigger bucks, is that they build passive income via creative works: publishing art books, comics/visual novels and so on. This makes people want to buy, collect, and your fans will try to get all the volumes and releases you have. The more demands, the more you can publish, and earn as you continue to create more.
None of them started earning big bucks right off the bat, and many have shown tremendous improvements in their art throughout their journey, even as to change in their art style, or develop their own. They usually start with commissions to gain more followings, but as they grow popular/busy, they eventually turn away commissions because those are one-off income.

Stirmling has talked about earning extra from overseas commissions (earning in foreign currency). A good way for extra cash especially with our depreciating currency. Perhaps he can help chip in.
Lyu
post Jun 16 2021, 02:19 PM

Enthusiast
772 posts

Animator or mangaka

matiko95
post Jun 16 2021, 02:20 PM

Enthusiast
910 posts

heard that china company hired mangaka for hefty sum. go check there.
Pugface
post Jun 16 2021, 02:20 PM

On my way
515 posts

QUOTE(MasterConfucion @ Jun 16 2021, 01:15 PM)

What's sad is your perception.

Your skill is not useless.
You are useless.

Attitude like that, give you what skills also useless.
You don't deserve any tips in art and how to profit from it.
kelvinlym
post Jun 16 2021, 02:29 PM

Yes, that was my car.
1,119 posts

Show your portfolio and people can give their opinions.

Teaching requires you to have other skills like communication.

3 Pages  1 2 3 >Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0181sec    0.52    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 10:22 PM