Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

All-In-One PC - Need your advice

views

TSTimWiese
post Jun 15 2021, 09:24 PM, updated 3y ago

26 posts

Comparing both AIO model:

Asus VIVO V222F-AKWA135T (w/o Microsoft office) versus Lenovo IdeaCenter AIO 3 22IIL5F0FQ0031MI (w/ Microsoft office)

Both with 3 years warranty...

Anyone could provide further inputs or recommendations? nod.gif

vexus
post Jun 20 2021, 05:24 PM

Master of Eatery & Sleeping
6,626 posts

AIO trend is dying. Malaysia market mostly old stock & old specs compare to EU/US.

This post has been edited by vexus: Jun 20 2021, 10:47 PM
PowerPC
post Jun 24 2021, 12:39 PM

Getting Started
248 posts

QUOTE(TimWiese @ Jun 15 2021, 09:24 PM)
Comparing both AIO model:
Asus VIVO V222F-AKWA135T (w/o Microsoft office)  versus Lenovo IdeaCenter AIO 3 22IIL5F0FQ0031MI (w/ Microsoft office)

Both with 3 years warranty...
Anyone could provide further inputs or recommendations?  nod.gif
TS, Depend what you are looking for. If you prefer desktop, AIO is suitable if you have limited desk space, but they actually quite limited on spec, usually their performance nearly identical with low spec notebook *(except for those higher spec with fast processor, graphic card, great color quality screen)

You will need to spend more to get better or up standard performance, my opinion is not worth it.

If your desk can fit normal bulky size CPU + LCD, it should have better performance with the same amount you paid for AIO, but now, not the best time to buy desktop hardware, some key part like Graphic Card, SSD, or some good processor price has been increase very much due to crypto currency mining.

If i were you, i will buy a laptop + external screen, and turn to desktop on a desk when needed. It may sound hassle, but you get 2 things for same amount. You can upgrade the laptop after few years but maintain the great screen. It will hold more years to come.

jaycee1
post Jun 24 2021, 01:15 PM

AFK
2,435 posts

yep. I would just get a laptop with a monitor. You get to use 2 screen setup which is damn useful. I have been using a dual or triple monitor setup since 1997.

AIOs are a compromised solution. They ARE compact and look nice, but very often they are not much more powerful than higher end laptops. So it depends on what you intend to use the AIO for.

The missus uses an iMAC Pro. For the only reason that the Mac Pro is stupid expensive and the iMac pro screen is properly colour calibrated. (not like the iMac pro is cheap either). If you are a light user the new slim M1 iMacs are nice.

I prefer Windows, so my options for AIO is limited at best, and I prefer to have my choice of external monitors, especially with high colour gamuts and colour accuracy. Usually the displays that come with AIOs are crap.

And if the monitor (usually backlight) or whatever fails on the AIO, you are totally SOL. It may take weeks to replace/repair even if under warranty.

Desktop cases can be pretty compact nowadays. You can spec one out with an ITX case/board. Again, depends on what you use it for. internal expansion space and thermals are limiting. But space utilization for a ITX and a monitor (mounted on the wall) is not much more than an AIO. Mounting the display on the wall, also helps in ergonomics, AIO displays are too low for serious work, much like notebooks. You will get back/shoulder/Neck issues. This is why I use a dual monitor setup. The monitors are mounted at the correct level for correct posture. I made a custom solid wood stand for the missus' iMAC because the screen was too low. Elevated it another 3 inches...and she can store her magic keyboard under it when not in use to free up desk space.

And if you are indeed a very light user and have no need for dual monitor setup or portability of a laptop, you can get a mini pc like the intel NUC pcs, those come with laptop components inside. They are very compact and usually can be mounted at the back of the monitor's VESA mount.

This post has been edited by jaycee1: Jun 24 2021, 01:31 PM
PowerPC
post Jun 24 2021, 02:13 PM

Getting Started
248 posts

QUOTE(jaycee1 @ Jun 24 2021, 01:15 PM)
yep. I would just get a laptop with a monitor. You get to use 2 screen setup which is damn useful. I have been using a dual or triple monitor setup since 1997.

AIOs are a compromised solution. They ARE compact and look nice, but very often they are not much more powerful than higher end laptops. So it depends on what you intend to use the AIO for.

The missus uses an iMAC Pro. For the only reason that the Mac Pro is stupid expensive and the iMac pro screen is properly colour calibrated. (not like the iMac pro is cheap either). If you are a light user the new slim M1 iMacs are nice.

I prefer Windows, so my options for AIO is limited at best, and I prefer to have my choice of external monitors, especially with high colour gamuts and colour accuracy. Usually the displays that come with AIOs are crap.

And if the monitor (usually backlight) or whatever fails on the AIO, you are totally SOL. It may take weeks to replace/repair even if under warranty.

Desktop cases can be pretty compact nowadays. You can spec one out with  an ITX case/board. Again, depends on what you use it for. internal expansion space and thermals are limiting. But space utilization for a ITX and a monitor (mounted on the wall) is not much more than an AIO. Mounting the display on the wall, also helps in ergonomics, AIO displays are too low for serious work, much like notebooks. You will get back/shoulder/Neck issues. This is why I use a dual monitor setup. The monitors are mounted at the correct level for correct posture. I made a custom solid wood stand for the missus' iMAC because the screen was too low. Elevated it another 3 inches...and she can store her magic keyboard under it when not in use to free up desk space.

And if you are indeed a very light user and have no need for dual monitor setup or portability of a laptop, you can get a mini pc like the intel NUC pcs, those come with laptop components inside. They are very compact and usually can be mounted at the back of the monitor's VESA mount.
Yup, agreed. Most PC AIO display is substandard one.

Apple usually made good quality AIO, (minus the last base model iMac with mechanical HDD and Intel HD graphic the one) , They have great screen, speaker, and speed. But, you will need to spend at least RM6k above to get the one can last few years.

Unless you depend on MacOS, *(and recent M1 series will not run Windows until further noticed, and even it can run windows soon, it won't able to run x86 program properly), else, PC market left only cheap and last year spec's AIO from Lenovo, Dell, HP, or Acer. If you really want to choose among them, i would suggest Lenovo, i got great experience with their product this few years, and their on-site support is amazingly helpful especially during lockdown time liike now.

I used to be iMac lover last decade, my 1st iMac is 2006 model (The Core 2 Duo + ATI X1600, 17" White), it is impressive and run fast on that time, come with great screen, speaker, good OS and most important, it can run windows native, there is no other computer can do this at that time. I upgrade to 2008, 2010, 2012 iMac, until the last iMac i stop upgrade it because the HDD really slow, and Tim Cook team arent really put much effort to redesign it, (they slim down the 21" model, take away upgradable RAM, charges super expensive for SSD and RAM), I then switch to their Macbook pro lineup.

But then, the touchbar model with insect(butterfly) keyboard and take away MagSafe charging port from the newest model (I did upgrade to 2016, 2017 model), substandard performance, I am done with Apple on 2018, switch to Lenovo Legion laptop and sideload MacOS using VMWare, and I have great life now.

My external screen run MacOS (VMWare), and the Primary is Windows 10.
I am now using a great spec (but not top spec) laptop and a external screen

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0143sec    0.39    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 03:48 PM