Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Don't let your car maintenance bankrupt you (Chat)

views

lagista
post Jun 14 2021, 10:34 PM

25 posts

QUOTE(ah_suknat @ Jun 14 2021, 10:29 PM)
Geng x70 / x50 will soon meroyan in fb after 2 years or so when their tyre almost need to change.
Tayar Linglong 18 & 19 inch
12 Feb 2020
https://forum.lowyat.net/topic/4905165
Exa_Bytez
post Jun 14 2021, 11:06 PM

Casual
362 posts

My 30 Yr old saga only left me stranded once due to starter issue. Other than that, it has been cheap and dependable car
spacelion
post Jun 14 2021, 11:34 PM

Got Liu
1,606 posts

Corolla still best brand to buy

Reliable like tank and so many spare part available
TSMr Mercedes
post Jun 14 2021, 11:40 PM

Getting Started
132 posts

QUOTE(spacelion @ Jun 14 2021, 11:34 PM)
Corolla still best brand to buy

Reliable like tank and so many spare part available
I'd take it over the civic too.
jojolicia
post Jun 14 2021, 11:44 PM

Casual
376 posts

QUOTE(Mr Mercedes @ Jun 14 2021, 07:58 PM)
https://www.dsf.my/2021/06/car-ownership-ca...e-you-bankrupt/

TLDR:

1. Avoid exotics if you’re buying a first car. You may be tempted to skip the locally-made Peroduas and Toyotas for something a little more left field. This might not be the best idea. When a vehicle is popular, you can be sure halfcuts will be aplenty and spare parts will not be a major headache. More mechanics will have solutions to common problems, so you’ll be able to shop around for a solution that saves money or time or both.

2.Find out what the general consensus is for a vehicle you’re eyeing. Don’t just go by the brand’s reputation, get model-specific advice from owners and experienced mechanics before making a decision.

3.Don’t get taken in by warranties and guarantees that the salesperson makes there. Should things go wrong for you, that salesperson may not be able to honour his promises even if he’s well-intentioned.

4. Take into account resale value when deciding on a car. It’s a decent indication of how well a car ages overtime when the resale value of the last model is still high.

5.Stick to a budget and take into account interest, insurance costs, maintenance and fuel costs before making a decision.

6. Be wary of impressive equipment. Fancy LED and Laser headlights, large rims with large tyres, head units that can’t be user upgraded, these are all signs that sometime in the future, you’ll have to spend a bit more than you might think on replacement parts.

W213 E300 hybrid battery replacement cost=Rm120k

A6 Hybrid=RM108k

If a used bmw costs as much as a god car go with the Vios.

Ktards your car maintainance how? What's the most problematic  and expensive car you have owned before?
I only own what i can afford of its sc maintenance run till warranty expiry plus 2 years.

4 Pages « < 2 3 4Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0175sec    0.73    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 24th July 2021 - 09:04 PM