Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Bump Topic Topic Closed RSS Feed

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> MISSING IN THE WOODS : Strange and weird things

views

TSAdrianaMaisarah
post Jun 14 2021, 06:34 PM, updated 4 months ago

2 posts

I'm a Search and Rescue Officer for the US Forest Service, I have some stories to tell. I wasn't sure where else to post these stories, so I figured I'd share them here. I've been an SAR officer for a few years now, and along the way I've seen some things that I think you guys will be interested in.

I have a pretty good track record for finding missing people. Most of the time they just wander off the path, or slip down a small cliff, and they can't find their way back. The majority of them have heard the old 'stay where you are' thing, and they don't wander far. But I've had two cases where that didn't happen. Both bother me a lot, and I use them as motivation to search even harder on the missing persons cases I get called on. The first was a little boy who was out berry-picking with his parents. He and his sister were together, and both of them went missing around the same time. Their parents lost sight of them for a few seconds, and in that time both the kids apparently wandered off. When their parents couldn't find them, they called us, and we came out to search the area. We found the daughter pretty quickly, and when we asked where her brother was, she told us that he'd been taken away by 'the bear man.' She said he gave her berries and told her to stay quiet, that he wanted to play with her brother for a while. The last she saw of her brother, he was riding on the shoulders of 'the bear man' and seemed calm. Of course, our first thought was abduction, but we never found a trace of another human being in that area. The little girl was also insistent that he wasn't a normal man, but that he was tall and covered in hair, 'like a bear', and that he had a 'weird face.' We searched that area for weeks, it was one of the longest calls I've ever been on, but we never found a single trace of that kid. The other was a young woman who was out hiking with her mom and grandpa. According to the mother, her daughter had climbed up a tree to get a better view of the forest, and she'd never come back down. They waited at the base of the tree for hours, calling her name, before they called for help. Again, we searched everywhere, and we never found a trace of her. I have no idea where she could possibly have gone, because neither her mother or grandpa saw her come down.

A few times, I've been out on my own searching with a canine, and they've tried to lead me straight up cliffs. Not hills, not even rock faces. Straight, sheer cliffs with no possible handholds. It's always baffling, and in those cases we usually find the person on the other side of the cliff, or miles away from where the canine has led us. I'm sure there's an explanation, but it's sort of strange.

One particularly sad case involved the recovery of a body. A nine-year-old girl fell down an embankment and got impaled on a dead tree at the base. It was a complete freak accident, but I'll never forget the sound her mother made when we told her what had happened. She saw the body bag being loaded into the ambulance, and she let out the most haunting, heart-broken wail I've ever heard. It was like her whole life was crashing down around her, and a part of her had died with her daughter. I heard from another SAR officer that she killed herself a few weeks after it happened. She couldn't live with the loss of her daughter.

I was teamed up with another SAR officer because we'd received reports of bears in the area. We were looking for a guy who hadn't come home from a climbing trip when he was supposed to, and we ended up having to do some serious climbing to get to where we figured he'd be. We found him trapped in a small crevasse with a broken leg. It was not pleasant. He'd been there for almost two days, and his leg was very obviously infected. We were able to get him into a chopper, and I heard from one of the EMTs that the guy was absolutely inconsolable. He kept talking about how he'd been doing fine, and when he'd gotten to the top, a man had been there. He said the guy had no climbing equipment, and he was wearing a parka and ski pants. He walked up to the guy, and when the guy turned around, he said he had no face. It was just blank. He freaked out, and ended up trying to get off the mountain too fast, which is why he'd fallen. He said he could hear the guy all night, climbing down the mountain and letting out these horrible muffled screams. That story bothered the hell out of me. I'm glad I wasn't there to hear it.

One of the scariest things I've ever had happen to me involved the search for a young woman who'd gotten separated from her hiking group. We were out until late at night, because the dogs had picked up her scent. When we found her, she was curled up under a large rotted log. She was missing her shoes and pack, and she was clearly in shock. She didn't have any injuries, and we were able to get her to walk with us back to base ops. Along the way, she kept looking behind us and asking us why 'that big man with black eyes' was following us. We couldn't see anyone, so we just wrote it off as some weird symptom of shock. But the closer we got to base, the more agitated this woman got. She kept asking me to tell him to stop 'making faces' at her. At one point she stopped and turned around and started yelling into the forest, saying that she wanted him to leave her alone. She wasn't going to go with him, she said, and she wouldn't give us to him. We finally got her to keep moving, but we started hearing these weird noises coming from all around us. It was almost like coughing, but more rhythmic and deeper. It was almost insect-like, I don't really know how else to describe it. When we were within site of base ops, the woman turns to me, and her eyes are about as wide as I can imagine a human could open them. She touches my shoulder and says 'He says to tell you to speed up. He doesn't like looking at the scar on your neck.' I have a very small scar on the base of my neck, but it's mostly hidden under my collar, and I have no idea how this woman saw it. Right after she says it, I hear that weird coughing right in my ear, and I just about jumped out of my skin. I hustled her to ops, trying not to show how freaked out I was, but I have to say I was really happy when we left the area that night.

This is the last one I'll tell, and it's probably the weirdest story I have. Now, I don't know if this is true in every SAR unit, but in mine, it's sort of an unspoken, regular thing we run into. You can try asking about it with other SAR officers, but even if they know what you're talking about, they probably won't say anything about it. We've been told not to talk about it by our superiors, and at this point we've all gotten so used to it that it doesn't even seem weird anymore. On just about every case where we're really far into the wilderness, I'm talking 30 or 40 miles, at some point we'll find a staircase in the middle of the woods. It's almost like if you took the stairs in your house, cut them out, and put them in the forest. I asked about it the first time I saw some, and the other officer just told me not to worry about it, that it was normal. Everyone I asked said the same thing. I wanted to go check them out, but I was told, very emphatically, that I should never go near any of them. I just sort of ignore them now when I run into them because it happens so frequently.

This post has been edited by AdrianaMaisarah: Jun 14 2021, 06:37 PM
Chosen one
post Jun 14 2021, 06:38 PM

Getting Started
155 posts

salah orang bunian and DAP of course

This post has been edited by Chosen one: Jun 14 2021, 06:39 PM
pisces88
post Jun 14 2021, 06:39 PM

Look at all my stars!!
3,149 posts

Morning wood then ada
BronzePlate
post Jun 14 2021, 06:40 PM

22 posts

I went Taman Negara with a group of friends. Took a ciggy break alone while the rest went on their way. After resting I walked slowly and heard something jumping from tree to tree above me. Kept following for a few minutes. No balls to look. Just kept walking a bit faster till caught up with friends. That's all.

Fenix98
post Jun 14 2021, 06:41 PM

Getting Started
268 posts

Tdlr...

upah?
9m2w
post Jun 14 2021, 06:43 PM

Victoria Concordia Crescit
903 posts

Cant vouch for the rest but staircases in the woods is something i've heard before and a subject that comes out once in a while. There are pictures of it online, from ppl who encounter it. Reddit has some good theories why they could legitimately be there
~min~
post Jun 14 2021, 06:44 PM

SUN AND SUMMER!!
1,001 posts

when im in army, theres time we are divided into 2 team, 1 team go this side of the forest, the other team go other side. that night, the other team got disturbed really bad, saw smoke shape like human, few guys got hysteria, people hear voices. wtf why my team never encounter shit like that
hurricane21
post Jun 14 2021, 06:53 PM

Senior Probation
1,319 posts

interesting, anymore?
graphidz
post Jun 14 2021, 06:54 PM

F.A.T.E
1,395 posts

Dei bagi la sos! Anyway, got like 7 parts if I'm not mistaken. Creepy pasta stuff
asrafzonan
post Jun 14 2021, 06:56 PM

32 posts

Have heard about that staircase too.
atook
post Jun 14 2021, 07:02 PM

27 posts

QUOTE(graphidz @ Jun 14 2021, 06:54 PM)
Dei bagi la sos! Anyway, got like 7 parts if I'm not mistaken. Creepy pasta stuff
https://www.reddit.com/r/nosleep/comments/3..._the_us_forest/
knives.
post Jun 14 2021, 07:03 PM

Getting Started
78 posts

QUOTE(BronzePlate @ Jun 14 2021, 06:40 PM)
I went Taman Negara with a group of friends. Took a ciggy break alone while the rest went on their way. After resting I walked slowly and heard something jumping from tree to tree above me. Kept following for a few minutes. No balls to look. Just kept walking a bit faster till caught up with friends. That's all.
Yea i heard about this before.

It sounds like that creature my grandma used to tell us about that came from another world.

They were called “monkeys”.

This post has been edited by knives.: Jun 14 2021, 07:04 PM
faizeq
post Jun 14 2021, 07:04 PM

7 posts

QUOTE(~min~ @ Jun 14 2021, 06:44 PM)
when im in army, theres time we are divided into 2 team, 1 team go this side of the forest, the other team go other side. that night, the other team got disturbed really bad, saw smoke shape like human, few guys got hysteria, people hear voices. wtf why my team never encounter shit like that
LOL Not hysteria lah kawan.. they all go layan dadah and extasy lar. All the smoke are from burning weed and hysteria is pretty much when they had their mind fukup with substance. Your team is the skema team that they don't want to have you guys spoil the drug party.. that is all... don't look too hard.
PJng
post Jun 14 2021, 07:04 PM

Look at all my stars!!
6,696 posts

Too long to read and no upah
~min~
post Jun 14 2021, 07:14 PM

SUN AND SUMMER!!
1,001 posts

QUOTE(faizeq @ Jun 14 2021, 07:04 PM)
LOL Not hysteria lah kawan.. they all go layan dadah and extasy lar. All the smoke are from burning weed and hysteria is pretty much when they had their mind fukup with substance. Your team is the skema team that they don't want to have you guys spoil the drug party.. that is all... don't look too hard.
where got weed. got smoke also whole team kena. smoking while on duty, smell is 1 thing, then you got free pointer for enemy to target your head. totally cant smoke
Bartholomew S
post Jun 14 2021, 07:26 PM

44 posts

Mana upah? No upah, no read.
WebDpot
post Jun 14 2021, 07:29 PM

Enthusiast
938 posts

nice, I love this kind of content, keep adding ya maybe some UFO, mermaids.
scorptim
post Jun 14 2021, 07:31 PM

On my way
616 posts

Wanie is that u?
Ruris
post Jun 14 2021, 07:35 PM

47 posts

All these stuff never seems to happen whenever you have a high powered torch and a good low light cam.so bring both to prevent it from happening.
coldbasecamp
post Jun 14 2021, 07:43 PM

Getting Started
235 posts

QUOTE(AdrianaMaisarah @ Jun 13 2021, 09:12 PM)
Please don't bring simp culture here.
Malulah la sikit.
Everytime open thread, sure got upah in spoiler.
Walauweh. Life 24/7 revolve around simping girl on phone screen kah???

Also many underage kids surfing this section.
MOD already made specific section for it. Go there. Not here.
Please be considerated. This is kopitiam. Everyone can surf.

Don't bait people with UPAH.
If your thread is attractive enough, you will have > than 5 pages of reply easily. No need upah as bait.

I'm worried many underage kid will fall into prawn addiction because of the upah....
AdrianaMaisarah cerita menarik tapi jangan pancut atas cerita ini ya.
Acher13
post Jun 14 2021, 07:43 PM

Getting Started
160 posts

who remember that reddit creepy story few years back..

something something they come marehsia whole family,
this guy din't follow his family masuk hutan enjoy activity,
family come back from hutan all behave differently,
they straight go back their home country next day,
feels like living with different family,
call some uztaz or priest (I forgot which one) and was told to put holy item,
family react to such item then, OP tell the ustaz/priest he scared
OP stop posting about it after..

apa cerita again?

This post has been edited by Acher13: Jun 14 2021, 07:44 PM
coldbasecamp
post Jun 14 2021, 07:45 PM

Getting Started
235 posts

QUOTE(PJng @ Jun 14 2021, 07:04 PM)
Too long to read and no upah
QUOTE(Bartholomew S @ Jun 14 2021, 07:26 PM)
Mana upah? No upah, no read.
tak boleh bagi upah, nanti TS AdrianaMaisarah pancut macam mana?

upah

» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «

Maria Takagi
post Jun 14 2021, 07:48 PM

Enthusiast
963 posts

QUOTE(BronzePlate @ Jun 14 2021, 06:40 PM)
That is real animal lah

Maria Takagi
post Jun 14 2021, 07:51 PM

Enthusiast
963 posts

QUOTE(~min~ @ Jun 14 2021, 06:44 PM)
When I was in the pengakap we.used to have this thing got night guts

A scouter will run deep in the jungle with a torch light and u have to rim to follow him. Then he switch off his torch light n wait for u. Then on back again and u run follow the light.

Damn

One junior pengakap kena hysteria after he thought he saw the scouter resting on a log. But it was a figure.

After that we banned this game.

This post has been edited by Maria Takagi: Jun 14 2021, 07:52 PM
rtk74
post Jun 14 2021, 07:58 PM

;"K]6pKBg;1]U)uSs!eF
585 posts

QUOTE(graphidz @ Jun 14 2021, 06:54 PM)
QUOTE(atook @ Jun 14 2021, 07:02 PM)
KEK TS BODO
NOSLEEP is not real la
Acher13
post Jun 14 2021, 07:58 PM

Getting Started
160 posts

QUOTE(Maria Takagi @ Jun 14 2021, 07:51 PM)
When I was in the pengakap we.used to have this thing got night guts

A scouter will run deep in the jungle with a torch light and u have to rim to follow him. Then he switch off his torch light n wait for u. Then on back again and u run follow the light.

Damn

One junior pengakap kena hysteria after he thought he saw the scouter resting on a log. But it was a figure.

After that we banned this game.
Lol, I missed that game. malam pungguk.

This also happen during my year but not me kena, it was at school ground.

As usual scout member need to follow after kena tag and given the keyword, and so this kid does the same la.

he went missing the whole night that we have to stop the activity and search for him.

come sunrise, want to call pulis already then another kid saw him - on roof top, crouching at the corner still blindfolded and holding his flashlight.

have to call bomba since that old building is chained, and to make his story more weird: "I dont remember climbing anything, I just walk and follow the person who guide me". jeng jeng jeng.
ozak
post Jun 14 2021, 08:47 PM

10k Club
All Stars
15,273 posts

Encounter this guy strange happen in jungle. When for a weekday night hiking with a group.

Hiking half way, this guy infront of me suddenly slow down, breath heavily and out of rhythms. Blocking my speed, I ask him ok or not cause I want to takeover him. After infront of him, I look back at him, his eye start to roll back and fall lying down.

I keep asking him ok or not but no respond. His eye still open but smaller. Only able to see his white eye. Than I slap kau him. Slowly he respond and able to sit down. I ask him is he got problem or not well. He said no. I advise him not to continue and get the sweeper to bring him out.

After that don’t see him anymore in night hike. Probably spirit choose to attack him.

Another encounter was my friend. We hike out from jungle very late like 9pm. I reach my car and wait for them. After she reach my car and chat a bit than start to pack up.

Once she reach her shoe to untie suddenly she scream and jump around. Shout got snake on her shoe. So I rush to her and check. Since she jump around I can’t see properly and the place is dim. I hold her down and look closely. Nothing there on her shoe accept the loose shoe string. Calm her down and tell her nothing there. I ask her better quickly go home.

Another encounter during teenage camp. The jungle is pretty dark accept our torch light and campfire. Suddenly we saw a candle light like a person holding walking along the trail across the river. But since it is very dark, we don’t see any guy holding the candle or shape of a human. Just like a candle light floating.

We shout at the candle light. No respond. Than suddenly it stop at the trail that cross over the river to our campsite. I use a powerful torch light to shot over. Can’t see anything accept the candle light! In my head, I said no way can’t see anything as the place is clear from bush or plant. It really no figure or anything accept the candle light.

We shout at the direction again. But still no respond. Than it start to walk again deep into the jungle. Till the light is gone. Till now, I still don’t no what the fark is that.

Topic ClosedOptions

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0210sec    0.05    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 24th September 2021 - 02:53 AM