Racing forza horizon 5, 10th anniversary update is up

views

toytoy
post Nov 18 2021, 05:54 PM

Enthusiast
871 posts

QUOTE(toytoy @ Nov 18 2021, 12:25 PM)
Thx for the feedback.
I am sure I did not delete the message by mistake. saw someone in reddit reporting the same problem...
I bought one from the Auction House out of desperation for CR85,000. It's by Little Vixen, so should be original I think. sweat.gif
sos_tiram
post Nov 18 2021, 10:13 PM

42 posts

My God, all my progress suddenly lost, no matter what troubleshooting I did, hours of grinding until morning, sleepless and all that, all gone.. the game started from scratch.
Already sent a ticket to forza support, let's see how it goes. Hopefully this never happen to all of you, what a sad day... premium account yo cry.gif
toytoy
post Nov 19 2021, 09:10 AM

Enthusiast
871 posts

QUOTE(sos_tiram @ Nov 18 2021, 10:13 PM)
My God, all my progress suddenly lost, no matter what troubleshooting I did, hours of grinding until morning, sleepless and all that, all gone.. the game started from scratch.
Already sent a ticket to forza support, let's see how it goes. Hopefully this never happen to all of you, what a sad day... premium account yo  cry.gif
Wow that's sad to hear. hope you get it back.
did you do any glitch grinding?
Kidicarus
post Nov 19 2021, 11:55 AM

Enthusiast
Group Icon
VIP
727 posts

QUOTE(Currylaksa @ Nov 17 2021, 11:42 AM)
The rubberbanding is insane laugh.gif AI drivers can suddenly ignore physics and corner at 200mph+ just to catch up with us.
I'm still learning the game but for me the AI on up to expert in street and races up to S1900 class is quite manageable (I make too many mistakes in S2 class) - I think the problem is that a lot of players rely too much on shitty tunes from the tune shop. I think a lot of them are driveable but they're not really that fast. All the popular Tunes are AWD, its like the first thing they do when they get a car is change it from RWD to AWD and then build around getting high launch, acceleration and grip.

I don't know if that's the problem but with AWD the problem is understeering so you have to slow down a lot more to turn in whereas with a well tuned RWD build you just get your car pointed in the right direction and power through losing less speed?

Anyway, last couple of days I've been trying to learn how to tune my own cars rather than downloading crappy tunes off the internet and it's more rewarding but more time consuming.

QUOTE(sos_tiram @ Nov 18 2021, 10:13 PM)
Already sent a ticket to forza support, let's see how it goes. Hopefully this never happen to all of you, what a sad day... premium account yo  cry.gif
I thought your save should be backed up to the cloud? Hope you get your progress back.
digitalifelesss
post Nov 19 2021, 01:22 PM

Getting Started
227 posts

QUOTE(Kidicarus @ Nov 19 2021, 11:55 AM)
I'm still learning the game but for me the AI on up to expert in street and races up to S1900 class is quite manageable (I make too many mistakes in S2 class) - I think the problem is  that a lot of players rely too much on shitty tunes from the tune shop.  I think a lot of them are driveable but they're not really that fast.  All the popular Tunes are AWD, its like the first thing they do when they get a car is change it from RWD to AWD and then build around getting high launch, acceleration and grip. 

I don't know if that's the problem but with AWD the problem is understeering so you have to slow down a lot more to turn in whereas with a well tuned RWD build you just get your car pointed in the right direction and power through losing less speed?

Anyway, last couple of days I've been trying to learn how to tune my own cars rather than downloading crappy tunes off the internet and it's more rewarding but more time consuming.
^ this.

It's totally playable against Pro AI for the average player, just need a car you feel comfortable with and understand a few simple way to corner faster.
You not going to go anywhere with a stock un-tuned car for sure, all the stock cars settings understeer like crazy.

I dunno about RWD in racing... really not feeling it. The cars like Bac Mono is totally impossible without assists (I play without assists & no ABS). I only use RWD in drifting.
Even with stock engine it just felt like having way too much power and the wheel can't catch up. Might not be the case for other RWD for sure, but Bac Mono... no thanks, I don't want to drive that one.
Kidicarus
post Nov 19 2021, 01:59 PM

Enthusiast
Group Icon
VIP
727 posts

QUOTE(digitalifelesss @ Nov 19 2021, 01:22 PM)
^ this.

It's totally playable against Pro AI for the average player, just need a car you feel comfortable with and understand a few simple way to corner faster.
You not going to go anywhere with a stock un-tuned car for sure, all the stock cars settings understeer like crazy.

I dunno about RWD in racing... really not feeling it. The cars like Bac Mono is totally impossible without assists (I play without assists & no ABS). I only use RWD in drifting.
Even with stock engine it just felt like having way too much power and the wheel can't catch up. Might not be the case for other RWD for sure, but Bac Mono... no thanks, I don't want to drive that one.
I was just messing about just now with the BMW i8 because for the Trial this week you need an A800 Modern supercar. Normally, I'm quite purist and stick to the same engine and drivetrain with my upgrades but i really wasn't feeling like driving an AWD electric car. So, I swapped out the engine and changed the drivetrain to RWD, and put in the basic upgrades to get 800. Did 0 tuning apart from changing the gear ratio. Liked the stats and took it for a road sprint. Overtook the Pro AI at about 75% into the race. Still a little too easy to oversteer but a lot of fun and would definitely benefit from some tuning.

As a pipit, I'm never going to drive any of these cars in real life so I prefer to drive Horizon's interpretation of the cars to get a feel of the different cars rather than homogenising everything to drive the same.

Kidicarus
post Nov 19 2021, 01:59 PM

Enthusiast
Group Icon
VIP
727 posts

edit: Double post..

This post has been edited by Kidicarus: Nov 19 2021, 02:00 PM
digitalifelesss
post Nov 19 2021, 03:02 PM

Getting Started
227 posts

gear ratio.

I dunno if it just me, but I noticed almost all the cars when I go to the tuning screen, the gear final drive is totally mess up - the last gear are like on the 75% of the graph for whatever reason. This default setting resulted in a car that ACCELERATE SLOWER and have LOWER TOP SPEED.

Fixing the gear is a must do. You gain a lot by just fixing the final drive. I think the ratio is really just broken after conversion and upgrades, make sure to double check and fix.

As for the event, you can also just use some low S1 class cars like R35, put on a big spoiler and offroad tyre and you're on A class tongue.gif its good enough to drive well in that event.

This post has been edited by digitalifelesss: Nov 19 2021, 08:45 PM
sos_tiram
post Nov 19 2021, 06:05 PM

42 posts

QUOTE(toytoy @ Nov 19 2021, 09:10 AM)
Wow that's sad to hear. hope you get it back.
did you do any glitch grinding?
No glitch grinding, all pure & legit grinding

I thought your save should be backed up to the cloud? Hope you get your progress back.
yes, its on the cloud, steam cloud, I don't know why this is happening.

Looks like I can't get back all my progress (level, hall of fames, stories, points, car tunes etc etc)
"Lost Saved Data/Invalid Profile: Our Agents will provide information on how to reset your save to make sure that all the files have been cleared. Unfortunately, we are not able to return progress. The Agents will verify an issue with your save and that you have created a new save to play on"

Fresh start is the only way, and they will restore credits/cars/wheelspin. So sad about this.. sad.gif
Looks like i will take a break from this game, maybe will play again next year
Currylaksa
post Nov 19 2021, 07:55 PM

Regular
1,616 posts

QUOTE(digitalifelesss @ Nov 19 2021, 01:22 PM)
Dunno why, Bac Mono looks great on paper but is so weirdly susah to drive
liquidsny
post Nov 19 2021, 07:58 PM

On my way
589 posts

Hi i need friends in FH. Mind adding me to ur friendlist

Gamertag : junsix4039
TSskylinelover
post Nov 19 2021, 11:50 PM

Future Crypto Player😄👊Driver Abamsado😎😎
All Stars
10,509 posts

I'm still learning the game but for me the AI on up to expert in street and races up to S1900 class is quite manageable (I make too many mistakes in S2 class) - I think the problem is  that a lot of players rely too much on shitty tunes from the tune shop.  I think a lot of them are driveable but they're not really that fast.  All the popular Tunes are AWD, its like the first thing they do when they get a car is change it from RWD to AWD and then build around getting high launch, acceleration and grip. 

Haha isnt nfs underground 2 used 2 be the OG in tuning racing cars laugh.gif laugh.gif

Seems like all racing games following suit since then hahahaha

Kidicarus
post Nov 20 2021, 11:39 AM

Enthusiast
Group Icon
VIP
727 posts

QUOTE(sos_tiram @ Nov 19 2021, 06:05 PM)
No glitch grinding, all pure & legit grinding
yes, its on the cloud, steam cloud, I don't know why this is happening.

Looks like I can't get back all my progress (level, hall of fames, stories, points, car tunes etc etc)
"Lost Saved Data/Invalid Profile: Our Agents will provide information on how to reset your save to make sure that all the files have been cleared. Unfortunately, we are not able to return progress. The Agents will verify an issue with your save and that you have created a new save to play on"

Fresh start is the only way, and they will restore credits/cars/wheelspin. So sad about this..  sad.gif
Looks like i will take a break from this game, maybe will play again next year
That sucks man. At least you keep cars, credits and wheelspins. The silver lining is you get tons of rewards doing the easy accolades and missions all over again..

QUOTE(Currylaksa @ Nov 19 2021, 07:55 PM)
Dunno why, Bac Mono looks great on paper but is so weirdly susah to drive
Ehh doesn't seem so bad wha.... powerslides into the caldera.

Seem like the key to driving it is properly is to properly manage the throttle and the xbox series controller gives good vibration feedback when the rear wheels are about to slide out (I play with assists off except for ABS so no impact on handling). Maybe it's possible to have a tune that tames it slightly without sacrificing it's unique characteristics.
Currylaksa
post Nov 23 2021, 10:59 AM

Regular
1,616 posts

"You have lost your last few races, would you like to reduce difficulty to Highly Skilled?"

user posted image
Kidicarus
post Nov 25 2021, 02:03 PM

Enthusiast
Group Icon
VIP
727 posts

What's the purpose of posting the noob video above? You don't get any post count in this forum...
JonathanHanYT
post Nov 27 2021, 08:32 PM

Getting Started
114 posts

QUOTE(Kidicarus @ Nov 25 2021, 02:03 PM)
What's the purpose of posting the noob video above? You don't get any post count in this forum...
What is the reward of insulting others? You very pro? Did you represent Malaysia in e-sport and won any title or medal? Respect others in order to gain respect from others.

Sharing is caring.
Kidicarus
post Nov 28 2021, 11:00 AM

Enthusiast
Group Icon
VIP
727 posts

QUOTE(JonathanHanYT @ Nov 27 2021, 08:32 PM)
What is the reward of insulting others? You very pro? Did you represent Malaysia in e-sport and won any title or medal? Respect others in order to gain respect from others.

Sharing is caring.
I'm not a pro gamer just someone who likes games. And I share my own genuine opinions on the game rather than just posting random videos.

I hate low quality posts. You just posted a video without any commentary, so how do you expect people to react? You're a new probationary account, I don't know anything about you. You could just be trying to pad your post count so that you can scam people further down the line - maybe you are maybe your aren't - like i say i don't know. If this your youtube account that you're trying to promote that would be cool, just say so in the post.

The video itself is just a story mission that happens early on in the game. It doesn't show any exceptional gameplay. I don't understand the language in the video. What's the purpose of the video?

It's a genuine question.
JonathanHanYT
post Nov 29 2021, 07:58 AM

Getting Started
114 posts

QUOTE(Kidicarus @ Nov 28 2021, 11:00 AM)
I'm not a pro gamer just someone who likes games.  And I share my own genuine opinions on the game rather than just posting random videos. 

I hate low quality posts.  You just posted a video without any commentary, so how do you expect people to react?  You're a new probationary account, I don't know anything about you.  You could just be trying to pad your post count so that you can scam people further down the line - maybe you are maybe your aren't - like i say i don't know.  If this your youtube account that you're trying to promote that would be cool, just say so in the post.

The video itself is just a story mission that happens early on in the game.  It doesn't show any exceptional gameplay.  I don't understand the language in the video.  What's the purpose of the video?

It's a genuine question.
How high quality you're to judge people? Do not stand up high to judge others. If you dislike it, you can just ignore my post. My own account was some how locked due to change email. I believe many forumers also having this issue lately.

I like to share my gameplay and if you really dislike it. Just ignore it. Was it so difficult to ignore rather than you start judging people and pretending you are so noble and highly rated? Or was you too free and nothing to do, so you go around criticized others? And if you have no understanding of the language I use in my video, just ignore it. Nobody forcing you to understand.
cawan
post Nov 29 2021, 11:38 AM

Casual
329 posts

when we change setting, tune here and that, do we have reset/default button to factory reset car back?
Kidicarus
post Nov 29 2021, 11:58 AM

Enthusiast
Group Icon
VIP
727 posts

QUOTE(cawan @ Nov 29 2021, 11:38 AM)
when we change setting, tune here and that, do we have reset/default button to factory reset car back?
Yes in the cars tab go to tune car>setup manager and that will give you the option to reset tuning settings.

6 Pages « < 2 3 4 5 6 >Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0227sec    0.12    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 01:21 AM