Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Let me teach you Logical Thinking and Fallacies, to debunk False Arguments

views

Ruris
post Jun 14 2021, 07:45 PM

47 posts

Very fast tips /filter to see if the person replying to you is a troll/psycho.
You describe a situation in very precise manner.

The opposing person reply with "so, you're saying" or straight away use an analogy despite having no reason to do so as you're not describing quantum mechanics.
Ruris
post Jun 23 2021, 09:56 AM

47 posts

Hmm, filters based on accepted (business) practices, corporate experiences, these are fine.

While TS intentions seems positive, you can spent all your time trying to fit someone's statement into one of those fallacies and you would probably find some excuses to do so. It's a 'fallacy' of its own.

Ruris
post Jun 27 2021, 11:47 AM

47 posts

Hmm, here's a pattern based filter which I apply. If a typical unker from k write a typical low quality post, about how the universe came to be. Sure go ahead and write it off, it's probably a troll post.

But if you did some reading, you will find out that there's a following that the universe is a simulation, based on.... Wait for it, a filter called Fermi paradox and also some probable quantum science. In fact there's a good amount of similarity between god/simulation created universe.

Now I want to posit that the statement above are unlikely to proven wrong or right in this generation. But subject like that is not a fallacy by itself.

Also, people do throng to religion due to the narrative and meaning it provides. Things can have empirical evidence but at the same time you can't prove the supernatural stuff. Again, no fallacy here.

Judgment based on corporate, working, live experience, that's what makes a quality post/writing and an engaging discussion. Going all out to rip apart someone statement does not.

Someone just quoted an authoritative figure of science... Is that a sin or what?

Just kidding.

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0161sec    0.45    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 23rd September 2021 - 08:41 PM