Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

40mil will be on US streets by year end.

views

scorptim
post Jun 14 2021, 09:07 PM

On my way
698 posts

QUOTE(friedricetheman @ Jun 14 2021, 02:21 PM)
Which area rental is $800-$1000 per month for a small apartment? California? But wait, California minimum wage is more than $7. Lol.

You have never been to USA, have you? Each state has different sales tax and minimum wage bracket depending on the cost of living.

Bodoh simpan sikit
I’ve never worked in America but I would assume like anywhere else in the world, sharing an apartment is still possible right? So even on minimum wage even if an apartment cost $800-$1000 sharing between 2-3 people should make it still affordable. Not sure what’s the maximum allowed capacity if those apartments tho .

QUOTE(marfccy @ Jun 14 2021, 02:33 PM)
lmao dodging my question

let me get this straight since you seem to still missing the point, are you suggesting that humans should survive on min wages instead of having a better life being paid more?
I don’t think he is suggesting that, his point is quite simple actually, when you are already jobless and have ZERO income, why not just take a minimum wage job to have at least a bit of income until things get better.

QUOTE(marfccy @ Jun 14 2021, 08:53 PM)
what are you even trying to feed into my mouth?  doh.gif
my primary argument has always been increasing the min wage helps the people to live better. your argument however seems to revolve around

1. americans are too lazy therefore dont need more money
2. americans are overpaid therefore dont need more money
3. theres other short term measures like food stamps to help therefore dont need give them more money

if americans are overpaid then why are there still poverty in the US and people going broke? you see the illogical part youre going at?

hell put yourself into the shoes of their new grads from highschool, starting out with min wage roles or you go to college/uni for better jobs. then ended up with student debt before even getting a job. dont pick those who can still live with pama foundation, but the real poor ones struggling to put food in their table.

jesus youre beating around the bush so hard
On the bolded again I’ve never lived or worked there but generally from what I observed from westerners, a lot of people are constantly broke because they live way beyond their means and spend unnecessarily. Perhaps same case in America?

scorptim
post Jun 14 2021, 09:32 PM

On my way
698 posts

QUOTE(marfccy @ Jun 14 2021, 09:15 PM)
my entire point was on people who despite working jobs on min wages, they are still struggling to put food on table. its not abt them being lazy with zero income

its that they are trying to uplift themselves from the poverty line yet they are unable to because of the weaker earnings which means they are stuck in the min wage forever. want to grab a degree to upskill? no money afford uni/classes

dude otoh was adamant that these guys dont need it cause of their work culture, short term measures like stimulus checks and that they are overpaid in beginning. problem is they are already looking at the comfy peeps, not the ones actually struggling daily
TBH bro only now I understand that your point is the one I bolded above. It really seemed like your point was since minimum wage is not enough for these people to no lost their jobs to pay their loans better they don’t work at all.

The point about minimum wage making it difficult for people to uplift themselves from the poverty line is pretty much a universal issue and not specific to US only. Furthermore, compared to other countries, people with minimum wage in the US have an advantage compared to a lot of other countries since they have food stamps to help supplement their low income.

Yes, rental is a bitch there but there are cheaper alternatives like trailer park homes which is less than ideal but yeah if you’re really earning minimum wage and seriously want to uplift yourself, sacrifices needs to be made so you could at least have some savings to have money to pursue something else.

scorptim
post Jun 14 2021, 09:57 PM

On my way
698 posts

QUOTE(marfccy @ Jun 14 2021, 09:42 PM)
yep exactly, but the other guy suggested otherwise which is lolworthy (overpaid lmao)

yeah def not US problem, however they are of a much developed country where they can afford to provide better facilities than other poorer countries. food stamps are only short term gap, if one day food stamps are gone they are still no better off with min wage barely feeding them

yes thats why for the poor their terms of living its basically compromises. i rmb reading a story of this dude being kicked out of his family home the moment he reached 18 without so much as a notice from his parents. he has nothing but a car he bought at USD2k after saving up working part time since 16. he travelled to other states, got a job with min wage but still living in his car, and going to the local gym to shower/toilet stuff (monthly payment but cheaper than house).

now if by boosting min wage higher, he can probably afford a cheaper rental, or retain same lifestyle except save more to upskill in classes/colleges. its a boost!
The bolded is the image that America tries to portray to the world and their citizens but in reality America (the country itself) is one of the countries with the highest national debt to GDP ratio in the world (they are ranked 6th in 2019).

The problem with America is of course they subsidise bums too much which is quite unfair to the hardworking minimum wagers. Personally they could probably reward people who are willing to work more if they cut off subsidies to lazy bums and increase subsidies only to people who are willing to work but barely making ends meet.

The issue with boosting minimum wage is as always the vicious cycle involved. When minimum wage is increased, greedy landlords will increase their rental because they know that people are earning more and can afford more. It’s pretty much a never ending cycle in a capitalist society.

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0195sec    0.52    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 11:13 PM