Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> newbie here need some explanation, anyone bought number plate from this guy

views

iastate
post Jun 13 2021, 05:14 PM

On my way
594 posts

Hi TS, I don't know if the seller you mentioned is trustworthy as I have not dealt with them before. But I recently bought a number from another seller for my new car and completed the process, so I can share my experience in terms of the process. Take note that my car is brand new and I am not sure if the same process is applicable if you are buying a used car.

1. I paid 50% to the seller as deposit to reserve the number first as my new car was not ready yet. Do make sure the amount quoted by the seller is all inclusive (which should include Puspakom inspection fee, interchange fee at JPJ, runner fee, etc.).
2. Informed the seller when the car was coming. Then paid the seller the remaining 50% so they could take their motorbike which was registered with the number I was buying to Puspakom for inspection.
3. My car agent sent me the new car documents.
4. Once Puspakom inspection was done, the seller arranged with me for a visit to JPJ Wangsa Maju.
5. I brought the new car documents from my car agent and met the runner from the seller at JPJ. Then it's some just thumbprinting and my new car was registered with the number I bought.

BTW, I don't think interchange service at JPJ is available now due to FMCO. So if you are buying a number for your new car, it could be a while until you can get your car registered with the number.

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0178sec    0.56    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 27th September 2021 - 01:17 PM