Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

newbie here need some explanation, anyone bought number plate from this guy

views

TSjason9869 P
post Jun 13 2021, 11:47 AM, updated 3y ago

Probation
32 posts

guys anyone bought number plate from this guy on fb before? is him trusted?
and if i bought an old plate how is it transfer to my name?
i need to get my car ready and then ask the seller number plate to transfer to my car? or what?
https://www.facebook.com/LLC-Number-Plate-113095836892573
iastate
post Jun 13 2021, 05:14 PM

On my way
599 posts

Hi TS, I don't know if the seller you mentioned is trustworthy as I have not dealt with them before. But I recently bought a number from another seller for my new car and completed the process, so I can share my experience in terms of the process. Take note that my car is brand new and I am not sure if the same process is applicable if you are buying a used car.

1. I paid 50% to the seller as deposit to reserve the number first as my new car was not ready yet. Do make sure the amount quoted by the seller is all inclusive (which should include Puspakom inspection fee, interchange fee at JPJ, runner fee, etc.).
2. Informed the seller when the car was coming. Then paid the seller the remaining 50% so they could take their motorbike which was registered with the number I was buying to Puspakom for inspection.
3. My car agent sent me the new car documents.
4. Once Puspakom inspection was done, the seller arranged with me for a visit to JPJ Wangsa Maju.
5. I brought the new car documents from my car agent and met the runner from the seller at JPJ. Then it's some just thumbprinting and my new car was registered with the number I bought.

BTW, I don't think interchange service at JPJ is available now due to FMCO. So if you are buying a number for your new car, it could be a while until you can get your car registered with the number.

JZenith
post Jun 15 2021, 10:14 AM

Look at my stars. owai
697 posts

ensure both old and new vehicle car plate is under your name
then can interchange.
TSjason9869 P
post Jun 15 2021, 01:53 PM

Probation
32 posts

QUOTE(JZenith @ Jun 15 2021, 10:14 AM)
ensure both old and new vehicle car plate is under your name
then can interchange.
plate is under the seller's name so need to change to my name then change number then the vehicle change back to seller's?

this is what the seller told me
1. Make payment to me
2. I will prepare the registration document for u
3. U need to go JPJ thumbprint for transfer the number to ur new / unregister vehicle
the seller no need change the vehicle to my name and i interchange the plate and give back?
JZenith
post Jun 15 2021, 02:23 PM

Look at my stars. owai
697 posts

QUOTE(jason9869 @ Jun 15 2021, 01:53 PM)
plate is under the seller's name so need to change to my name then change number then the vehicle change back to seller's?

this is what the seller told me
1. Make payment to me
2. I will prepare the registration document for u
3. U need to go JPJ thumbprint for transfer the number to ur new / unregister vehicle
the seller no need change the vehicle to my name and i interchange the plate and give back?
not sure how their procedure works, maybe they got their own jpj offices then diff story.

this is the guideline link i refer to from JPJ
https://www.jpj.gov.my/web/main-site/kender...taran-kenderaan

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0143sec    0.34    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 10:52 PM