Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Web Applications Why can web browser open VM?

views

TSFlierMate
post Jun 12 2021, 06:32 PM, updated 3y ago

On my way
Validating
543 posts

I mean it is crazy! I can log into a operating system (Windows Server 2016 DS) right in the window of my web browser! Even though my PC does not support virtualization technology (CPU has no support for VT-x or AMD-v), cannot run VM (e.g. VirtualBox), but I can use Chrome web browser to run Windows VM and execute EXE programs right on the cloud!

Why is this possible? Anything to do with web browser front-end rendering technology?

user posted image

user posted image
Summer Time
post Jun 12 2021, 06:42 PM

24 posts

Same as Teamviewer. It is just a form of remote desktop
ketnave
post Jun 12 2021, 06:48 PM

Enthusiast
850 posts

QUOTE(FlierMate @ Jun 12 2021, 06:32 PM)
I mean it is crazy! I can log into a operating system (Windows Server 2016 DS) right in the window of my web browser! Even though my PC does not support virtualization technology (CPU has no support for VT-x or AMD-v), cannot run VM (e.g. VirtualBox), but I can use Chrome web browser to run Windows VM and execute EXE programs right on the cloud!

Why is this possible?  Anything to do with web browser front-end rendering technology?

user posted image

user posted image
Baca nie
https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/bast...astion-overview
TSFlierMate
post Jun 12 2021, 08:16 PM

On my way
Validating
543 posts

QUOTE(ketnave @ Jun 12 2021, 06:48 PM)
Agreed, it is Bastion, as a PaaS. But it is backend. Our frontend (e.g. web browser) must support also, which means it is only possible with HTML5 , without the need of Silverlight or Flash to support <canvas> <audio> <video> vector graphics.

I would like to know further about how HTML5 is making the PaaS possible.
1024kbps
post Jun 13 2021, 03:00 AM

李素裳
5,780 posts

QUOTE(FlierMate @ Jun 12 2021, 06:32 PM)

Why is this possible?  Anything to do with web browser front-end rendering technology?

user posted image

user posted image
VM on the cloud
there, the VM is executed in cloud, that's pretty much self-explanatory.
The browser only need to capture the mouse pointer position and send it to azure, the it sends back the video, there's no magic there.
TSFlierMate
post Jun 13 2021, 05:19 PM

On my way
Validating
543 posts

QUOTE(1024kbps @ Jun 13 2021, 03:00 AM)
VM on the cloud
there, the VM is executed in cloud, that's pretty much self-explanatory.
The browser only need to capture the mouse pointer position and send it to azure, the it sends back the video, there's no magic there.
Good, I like your explanation. biggrin.gif
Thanks!

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0135sec    0.39    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 06:25 PM