Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Maxis Maxis WIFI6 Router Kaon AR2140, Issues with Intel based WLAN adapters

views

TSzulu68
post Jun 12 2021, 08:17 AM, updated 3y ago

5 posts

I recently supplied with a router made by Kaon of Korea by Maxis. I noticed that some of my laptops equipped with Intel-based WLAN adapters have connection issues with this router. I have tested the latest AX200, older AC7260, AC9560 adapters and it seems that DL/UL speed is really bad. The AX200 can't even connect to it. I switched to an older TPLINK router and all of it works fine. Maxis as usual never responded to my query. All laptops were updated with latest Intel's drivers. Any workaround for this problem?
G-17
post Jun 12 2021, 04:09 PM

Securely Paranoid
1,748 posts

Were the laptops plugged in (power cord) when you tested the speeds? Sometimes it might be too aggressive power savings settings for the wireless chipset driver when running on battery power. If you can locate any wifi power saving feature, try disabling it, or just try plugging in to wall power (automatically disables power saving in most cases) and try testing the speeds again.

If it's a matter of not being able to connect, does the OS (Windows, macOS, Ubuntu, etc) network manager setting show the router's SSID? First, you can try switching the channels manually via the router's setings. Also, the Intel Wi-fi 6 chipsets are known to be a bit problematic on Windows and require updating to the latest drivers. Don't depend on Windows Update. Use Intel's driver application. If not installed, go here. Updating driver might help with your speed problem as well. Not sure about macOS, sorry.

That's all I can suggest. I don't use Maxis Fiber and don't have any device with Intel AX200 either. Latest Intel wireless I have is a 9560, but I run Linux so can't really provide a valid comparison for you.

This post has been edited by G-17: Jun 12 2021, 04:16 PM

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0137sec    0.22    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 05:32 PM