Scavengers
post Dec 12 2007, 09:28 PM

Casual
379 posts

those computer tables from ikea are nice; jerker n fredrick tongue.gif
but the price is gosh darn.
for furniture why dont u try cavenzi for a change
lots of collection n the price is ok but some say it lacks quality
been using its sofabed n so far so good, u also get 1 year warranty for the furniture u bought tongue.gif
zeist
post Dec 12 2007, 09:35 PM

Mivec 1800cc
All Stars
15,182 posts

Yesterday went to IKEA to buy stuff, took me one whole day to see everything (about 7 hours, lol?). doh.gif

My legs are so sore. sweat.gif
bitterbutter
post Dec 12 2007, 09:54 PM

Getting Started
232 posts

In Europe, IKEA is known for its cheap price, thus the quality, most of the items are outsource from different part of the world, some from India, Myanmar and China, but I believe they have their own QC control as well. But IKEA in my opinion is focus on design rather than quality, hence the price. If you browse any IKEA catologue in UK, you may find it cheaper (don't multiply 7 la), compare to other competitors such as dfs, scs, etc etc. Their target market normally for young people who just started new family or just bought a home. With such basic idea, that's what made Ingvar Kamprad one of the top 5 in FORBES list!

This post has been edited by bitterbutter: Dec 12 2007, 09:55 PM
zeist
post Dec 12 2007, 10:53 PM

Mivec 1800cc
All Stars
15,182 posts

Certain furnitures are worth buying, but some are just ridiculously expensive. There are quite many things on great discount now, go check 'em out.
vreis
post Dec 13 2007, 12:46 PM

Golden Past Red Future
1,655 posts

QUOTE(Scavengers @ Dec 12 2007, 09:28 PM)
those computer tables from ikea are nice; jerker n fredrick tongue.gif
but the price is gosh darn.
for furniture why dont u try cavenzi for a change
lots of collection n the price is ok but some say it lacks quality
been using its sofabed n so far so good, u also get 1 year warranty for the furniture u bought tongue.gif
Got warranty for furniture from Cavenzi? All I know is their ad is crap. Went to enquire those too good to believe items, it's either sold out, even if I went there Fri/Sat morning(FYI their weekly promotion starts on Fri/Sat) or not available at the branch (though the ad didn't mention for specific branch only).
stormchaser
post Dec 24 2007, 05:22 PM

love your neighbour, help serve society
594 posts

QUOTE(vreis @ Dec 13 2007, 12:46 PM)
Got warranty for furniture from Cavenzi? All I know is their ad is crap. Went to enquire those too good to believe items, it's either sold out, even if I went there Fri/Sat morning(FYI their weekly promotion starts on Fri/Sat) or not available at the branch (though the ad didn't mention for specific branch only).
yeah, i found it the same too.... non of my new hse item is from them, although previously i tot i can get most of my furniture from them.... haihh.....

for IKEA, i think u just need to pick your items wisely.. some is good, some is not so good.. i bought the sofa from them, and i'm satisfy with it.. i found the kitchen cabinet (those lower end) not good in quality.....
otherwise
post Dec 25 2007, 08:16 PM

Casual
496 posts

Is Ikea's home decoration stuffs such as lamps,frames,mirrors cheap?
hackwire
post Dec 26 2007, 12:38 AM

Look at all my stars!!
4,256 posts

i think ikea price is in mid range. but their furnitures really match each others. if u get from those Ldp furnitureshop and those warehouse furnitureshop, their design really sucks one and i remember travelling from Seri Kembangan, damansara, puchong to Sungei Buloh looking for the right colours of the furniture and its design. those local furniture shipped from norhtern states or southern states factories. massive production one.

if u dont have budget and still like to look nice, IKEA is the answer. Cavenzi furnitures is also cheap but not IN. If u like english and contemporary, stick to IKEA all time and you will see the difference. Otherwise, u pay more for high-end furniture to get that FEEL!

IKEA colours is NO 1 , good combination and very ergonomics . they go for SIMPLICITY & MINIMALISM. If u like Retro colour, u should know strong colours such as the 80's era. james Bond theme. I think those of u who don't like about IKEA is the Quality of the Furniture but l there's a quote that said " U pay Peanuts, U gets Monkey" . So. dont lah expect so much from IKEA . U already have the Affordable Design Massively produced and Designed by Designers from Sweden some more.

Macy is pretty similar but very cottage look and old. price on the high side. If want cheap maybe can try Courts Mammoth, u see the difference from low to mid to high end furniture like Lorenzo and Fella.

By the way, IKEA save my Shopping Time. One Stop Home Center.

This post has been edited by hackwire: Dec 26 2007, 12:48 AM
yeeeeko
post Dec 28 2007, 07:26 PM

Casual
399 posts

for IKEA, i think u just need to pick your items wisely.. some is good, some is not so good.. i bought the sofa from them, and i'm satisfy with it.. i found the kitchen cabinet (those lower end) not good in quality.....

but their kitchen cabinets got 25 year warranty ma. So is rosak just call them la. I'm thinking of getting kitchen cabinets from them also la. somemore now got offer on installation.
arif_alias
post Dec 30 2007, 03:28 AM

Getting Started
100 posts

I always tot IKEA stuffs are very nice design-wise. It's a bit expensive tho. But most of the stuffs like book racks or small cabinets, once you install it, tighten de screw and everything, better dont dismantle already. They will reput. Seriously, bought some for my house and after a year, they reput. Sigh..
bengang13
post Jan 9 2008, 06:11 PM

On my way
624 posts

Actually my dad got a couple of cabinet and rack from ikea. So far so good. it has been for about 3-4 years already. still quite sturdy..
I am planning to get a sofa for my gf house. Klippan for Rm549. for that price i think its quite reasonable. its either that or from Cavinzi...
any one have any experience with ikea sofas??

user posted image
terrysoh
post Jan 11 2008, 01:05 AM

Regular
1,145 posts

I head that Ikea was expensive from most of my friends. But of course, there cent you pay should worth every cent of product you are getting.
ejan_
post Jan 11 2008, 08:09 AM

Getting Started
142 posts

for me the price is so-so.. Design ok.. Quality also so-so..

Will buy offer item only smile.gif
terrysoh
post Jan 12 2008, 02:39 AM

Regular
1,145 posts

Still, I think most item is quite reasonable la, they are like better than buatan Malaysia, but lesser quality than luxury goods
veron208
post Jan 18 2008, 11:51 AM

On my way
656 posts

QUOTE(nakajima @ Dec 6 2007, 11:18 PM)
But Lorenzo furniture have quite good quality compared to Ikea's
Yup, Lorenzo quality is way better than Ikea.
IKEA design FTW

Lorenzo furniture caters more to bigger house/condo.

otherwise
post Jan 18 2008, 10:11 PM

Casual
496 posts

where do court's mamoth furniture made from?
DDSFan8
post Jan 20 2008, 02:06 AM

Regular
1,276 posts

cavenzi is the cheater shop of furnitures.
dstyx
post Feb 2 2008, 03:18 AM

23 posts

In the US, Ikea products are considered cheap therefore in terms of durability it is not that good. However, the designs are fantastic and modern. Clean and simple. It is expensive over here due to Malaysia's currency value which is lower.
DDSFan8
post Feb 2 2008, 02:41 PM

Regular
1,276 posts

IKEA uses recycled wood right?
WillHung
post Feb 3 2008, 04:21 PM

really meh?
1,211 posts

they're good for basic things. but to completely fill your house with their stuff, just shows that you are not very creative.

12 Pages < 1 2 3 4 5 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0213sec    0.47    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 05:52 PM