Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> SPM A+ charsiews: I wanna be loktor/lawyor/enginor

views

9m2w
post Jun 10 2021, 09:49 PM

Victoria Concordia Crescit
903 posts

QUOTE(friedricetheman @ Jun 10 2021, 09:28 PM)
Lol. Most of us didn’t do well in a rope learning environment that rewards memorizing or having a tuition center that is able to “spot” the questions that will be coming out in the exam.

The problem with this is that the real world is more than just memorizing the whole book.

Actually it's true and also quite apparent also back in my time in the mid 90s. Rote memorisation didn't prepare most students for university when higher order concepts came to play. And i might reported for this but alot of SJKs (even those who continued in national secondary schools) took a bit longer time to adjust.

I remember once during statistics finals some students even broke down crying in the middle of the exam. Reason was the lecturer didn't give a standard here's the problem here's the variables solve it. She presented scenarios with alot of red herrings numbers. It was a culture shock to the students that were use to rote memorisation and straight forward problem solving. Heck I even remember a group of them wanting to see the lecturer immediately after the exam to petition for a new paper 🤯

But as the years go by sooner or later most of the students ditch their bad habis from secondary school. If our universities are still roughly the same, i think the SPM kids will adjust. At least the good and dedicated ones

9m2w
post Jun 11 2021, 09:11 AM

903 posts

QUOTE(das99990428 @ Jun 11 2021, 08:47 AM)
and in two three months, later keluar ayat sedih UPU tak lepas

"punah harapan belajar"

dap mca umno semua keluar card pertahankan budak budak ni

#kerajaangagal
If soc med was a thing back in my time there will be alot of tears. UPU in the mid 90s shunted top scorers who couldn't get matriculation into Form 6. This was back in the aggregate system time. I cannot remember if the lowest possible was 6 or 8 but these types got Form 6 in my school. 15s (average score) however got placement in pre University of public universities
9m2w
post Jun 11 2021, 12:50 PM

903 posts

QUOTE(ifourtos @ Jun 11 2021, 11:07 AM)
study = use brain

brain function not just memorize

brain power = analyze, understand, and creativity

u teach me some simple theory, and i can understand deeper theory.

chinese said give one, reflect three.

lowest level function is memorizing
That's the ideal outcome of studying. Reality is rote memorisation was predominant in our education from primary to secondary. And we were all supposed to vomit it out for SPM. This was my case from the mid 80s to 90s. Many students had to readjust for university. But good lecturers back in my day did do a good job reaclimatising students and getting them to drop bad habits picked up from secondar school

This post has been edited by 9m2w: Jun 11 2021, 01:09 PM

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0215sec    0.85    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 18th September 2021 - 08:51 PM