Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

6 Pages « < 3 4 5 6 >Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> SPM A+ charsiews: I wanna be loktor/lawyor/enginor

views

Bug Juice
post Jun 11 2021, 09:51 AM

12 posts

QUOTE(bearbearwong @ Jun 11 2021, 07:46 AM)
attitude problem, always feels the entitled and whole world owes them, then gg la...
Some of them managed to find someone they could bully into giving them whatever they want. This is including workplace bullying
Silfer
post Jun 11 2021, 09:53 AM

Enthusiast
900 posts

QUOTE(SinzChan @ Jun 10 2021, 10:16 PM)
i rather let those 11A charsiew study for loktor rather than 11BCDE oren kito that get the spot.
up for underrated comment.
u try go into med course class. see how many oren kito vs nons. and compare again their result.
and that's where you get your daily news of "loktor nowadays quality macam mak harom" news.

friedricetheman
post Jun 11 2021, 10:07 AM

Watch Idiot Savant
830 posts

QUOTE(ifourtos @ Jun 11 2021, 09:51 AM)
meaning those getting bad result will be more successful later in life?
Depends.

If get bad results because of not being good at memorizing stuff by hard but you still tried your best. Then yes you will be successful later in life when you put your skills to better use.

If get bad results because not interested in studying and prefer to rempit, then no.
persona93
post Jun 11 2021, 10:09 AM

Enthusiast
928 posts

become doctor just for glamour

con9lan7firm
ifourtos
post Jun 11 2021, 10:30 AM

Enthusiast
980 posts

QUOTE(friedricetheman @ Jun 11 2021, 10:07 AM)
Depends.

If get bad results because of not being good at memorizing stuff by hard but you still tried your best. Then yes you will be successful later in life when you put your skills to better use.

If get bad results because not interested in studying and prefer to rempit, then no.
study is one of the easiest thing to do.

u failed = u have potential?

DJJD
post Jun 11 2021, 10:46 AM

Getting Started
299 posts

QUOTE(Sammie7 @ Jun 11 2021, 09:32 AM)
success in life is not measures by how much u earn nor how many A's you scored in exam. just my opinion.
You're right it's based on how many abalone u tasted

For example Bezos is richer but Elon still better

brows.gif
dead_psycho
post Jun 11 2021, 10:55 AM

Getting Started
153 posts

in msia be so smart for what... see the intelligence of this one man who can be Prasarana chairman...

just join party politic your future confirm bright
lagista
post Jun 11 2021, 10:57 AM

25 posts

QUOTE(kcchong2000 @ Jun 11 2021, 07:21 AM)
Kan we got 1 pentipu scammer for acceptancein NASA?
Yup, kecik2 dah pandai scam

Its called opinion rolleyes.gif whistling.gif biggrin.gif
friedricetheman
post Jun 11 2021, 10:57 AM

Watch Idiot Savant
830 posts

QUOTE(ifourtos @ Jun 11 2021, 10:30 AM)

Failed because of not being good at memorizing? Then yes you have potential.

Some of the students fare better at creative studies and problem solving. These are the ones who will very likely not do well in school due to not being able to memorize the whole textbook.
ifourtos
post Jun 11 2021, 10:58 AM

Enthusiast
980 posts

QUOTE(friedricetheman @ Jun 11 2021, 10:57 AM)
Failed because of not being good at memorizing? Then yes you have potential.

Some of the students fare better at creative studies and problem solving. These are the ones who will very likely not do well in school due to not being able to memorize the whole textbook.
study = memorizing???

u failed miserably
nebula87
post Jun 11 2021, 10:59 AM

Fg = mg
1,018 posts

Spoon-feed gen is inkambing

This post has been edited by nebula87: Jun 11 2021, 10:59 AM
friedricetheman
post Jun 11 2021, 11:00 AM

Watch Idiot Savant
830 posts

QUOTE(ifourtos @ Jun 11 2021, 10:58 AM)
study = memorizing???

u failed miserably
Ok bro. I guess I did fail miserably in school. How did you guess?
ifourtos
post Jun 11 2021, 11:07 AM

Enthusiast
980 posts

QUOTE(friedricetheman @ Jun 11 2021, 11:00 AM)
Ok bro. I guess I did fail miserably in school. How did you guess?
study = use brain

brain function not just memorize

brain power = analyze, understand, and creativity

u teach me some simple theory, and i can understand deeper theory.

chinese said give one, reflect three.

lowest level function is memorizing

This post has been edited by ifourtos: Jun 11 2021, 11:08 AM
AeolusLite
post Jun 11 2021, 11:09 AM

Getting Started
56 posts

Become politician
Accord2018
post Jun 11 2021, 11:10 AM

Enthusiast
729 posts

QUOTE(ifourtos @ Jun 11 2021, 10:30 AM)

should be the results do not reflect your intelligence/top skills. Because exam nowadays only based on memory skills as already been told what subjects will be out.

Example of top skills and intelligence are : doctor- able to cut heart and brain, makes medicine. Lawyer- think of solution and able to find evidence to acquit your clients. Able to do this already very successful. These kinds of skill cannot be reflected through written exams. The quantity of these people is very little only.

I am sure very little quantity of top skills neurosurgeon, and top lawyer that able to win high profile court case like karpal singh in msia.

Sammie7
post Jun 11 2021, 11:36 AM

Casual
325 posts

QUOTE(Accord2018 @ Jun 11 2021, 11:10 AM)
should be the results do not reflect your intelligence/top skills. Because exam nowadays only based on memory skills as already been told what subjects will be out.

Example of top skills and intelligence are : doctor- able to cut heart and brain, makes medicine.  Lawyer- think of solution and able to find evidence to acquit your clients. Able to do this already very successful. These kinds of skill cannot be reflected through written exams. The quantity of these people is very little only.

I am sure very little quantity of top skills neurosurgeon, and top lawyer that able to win high profile court case like karpal singh in msia.
guess that's the problem of education system/culture here in Malaysia. but highly likely only the straight A's students will get offer the medical course instead of non-straight A's student who is actually interested (and maybe have better potential) in medical field. (PS: was referring to the non-bumi here.)
9m2w
post Jun 11 2021, 12:50 PM

Victoria Concordia Crescit
841 posts

QUOTE(ifourtos @ Jun 11 2021, 11:07 AM)
study = use brain

brain function not just memorize

brain power = analyze, understand, and creativity

u teach me some simple theory, and i can understand deeper theory.

chinese said give one, reflect three.

lowest level function is memorizing
That's the ideal outcome of studying. Reality is rote memorisation was predominant in our education from primary to secondary. And we were all supposed to vomit it out for SPM. This was my case from the mid 80s to 90s. Many students had to readjust for university. But good lecturers back in my day did do a good job reaclimatising students and getting them to drop bad habits picked up from secondar school

This post has been edited by 9m2w: Jun 11 2021, 01:09 PM
blanket84
post Jun 11 2021, 01:06 PM

Regular
1,312 posts

QUOTE(ja836kyau @ Jun 11 2021, 07:43 AM)
initially i thot thats the case until i compiled some figures about my SPM classmates.

The A grade students tend to hv higher pay after 10 years than the B n C students. Most of them are professionals.

Of coz, the richest student is a C grade student who became a businessman. 

But he is the only 1 who succeeeded. The rest of C grade students who became bizmen are barely making enough to survive.

Just my SPM class.
I was consistently in top 5 in all exams in school, in a top school in my state (best performing school in SPM in the state, in my year). 4 other person became doctors, and most people who were occasionally in top 10 became doctors as well except me.

Safe to say, I am nowhere near top 50 in terms of earnings. Most of highly paid non-doctors in my batch were 5-7As students who work in O&G industry.

This post has been edited by blanket84: Jun 11 2021, 01:08 PM
Henry T
post Jun 11 2021, 01:08 PM

6 posts

Be a politician and live on taxpayers' money. Best lah. 😄

This post has been edited by Henry T: Jun 11 2021, 01:12 PM
Accord2018
post Jun 11 2021, 01:36 PM

Enthusiast
729 posts

QUOTE(Sammie7 @ Jun 11 2021, 11:36 AM)
guess that's the problem of education system/culture here in Malaysia. but highly likely only the straight A's students will get offer the medical course instead of non-straight A's student who is actually interested (and maybe have better potential) in medical field. (PS: was referring to the non-bumi here.)
That is why the country's debt already more than a trillion. So many graduates each year. Can becoming a doctor and lawyer does not mean they are really good. Maybe those that denied entry just because they get B+ in history, BM, moral, math may have better potential.

See, Pulau batu puteh also cannot defend and lost it in the International court. And for vaccine of course don't have the expertise to produce. Aeroplane also I doubt any straight A's or first-class graduate can make but it is like an easy chap for many countries. So you can see the overall standard at where.

When the country's debt keeps increasing, pay interest also can die. And the population keeps increasing. There will be more poor people than the rich. If they still don't change or improve the system, another 50 years you will see the problem like Indon.

6 Pages « < 3 4 5 6 >Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0212sec    0.91    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 25th July 2021 - 03:24 PM