6 Pages < 1 2 3 4 > » Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> SPM A+ charsiews: I wanna be loktor/lawyor/enginor

views

thexs
post Jun 10 2021, 09:28 PM

Getting Started
186 posts

Uh... get good grades, have big dreams... what's wrong here?

TS bodoh?
IWannAAR

26 posts

QUOTE(DJJD @ Jun 10 2021, 09:02 PM)
Study 11 years in school
Go pre u 2 years
4-6 years med school
2 years houseman

Still earn less than show boobs and pussy on onlyfans after SPM at 18
the unfortunate reality and many don't see this as a concern but eventually everyone needs a GOOD doctor as they age (no matter how rich)

looking at the current situation, i am seeing future generations in grave trouble as people are going away from professional jobs to be in quick fix jobs instead. while these quick fix jobs pays well, future quality progress and advances is not guaranteed (global issue, not only malaysia)
friedricetheman

Watch Idiot Savant
899 posts

QUOTE(pgsiemkia @ Jun 10 2021, 09:23 PM)
Those who fail become their bosses or PM of the country and songlap rakyat money.
Lol. Most of us didn’t do well in a rope learning environment that rewards memorizing or having a tuition center that is able to “spot” the questions that will be coming out in the exam.

The problem with this is that the real world is more than just memorizing the whole book.

Actually, most of the greatest inventors do badly in memory tests but excel in thinking outside the box.
ohman
post Jun 10 2021, 09:30 PM

Regular
1,178 posts

QUOTE(friedricetheman @ Jun 10 2021, 09:28 PM)
Lol. Most of us didn’t do well in a rope learning environment that rewards memorizing or having a tuition center that is able to “spot” the questions that will be coming out in the exam.

The problem with this is that the real world is more than just memorizing the whole book.

Actually, most of the greatest inventors do badly in memory tests but excel in thinking outside the box.
The people in senior management unfortunately are both good in memory and thinking.

At least those that i faced. laugh.gif

friedricetheman
post Jun 10 2021, 09:33 PM

Watch Idiot Savant
899 posts

QUOTE(ohman @ Jun 10 2021, 09:30 PM)
The people in senior management unfortunately are both good in memory and thinking.

But they usually die as unknowns. Nobody remembers who is the CIO of a company but everyone knows who is the chairman.

Meaningful contributions to society trumps money any day.
lordirfan99
post Jun 10 2021, 09:34 PM

Getting Started
165 posts

if straight A`s don want become loktor. then who gonna becum loktor. rempit boy?? stupid TS

This post has been edited by lordirfan99: Jun 10 2021, 09:35 PM
pgsiemkia
post Jun 10 2021, 09:34 PM

Getting Started
279 posts

QUOTE(ohman @ Jun 10 2021, 09:30 PM)

Probably right there however the CEOs I worked with, don’t know shit and want ass kissers instead. Usually good senior managers leave to do own business or higher positions.

ohman
post Jun 10 2021, 09:35 PM

Regular
1,178 posts

QUOTE(friedricetheman @ Jun 10 2021, 09:33 PM)
But they usually die as unknowns. Nobody remembers who is the CIO of a company but everyone knows who is the chairman.

Meaningful contributions to society trumps money any day.
Why not both? brows.gif
reed90
post Jun 10 2021, 09:37 PM

Road to the End
1,529 posts

QUOTE(Jedi @ Jun 10 2021, 08:58 PM)
Here we go again esok news around msia newspaper n websites n Facebooks

What advice /k have for our char siews who just finished SPM with A A
Don't waste your time in MLM's ,

study hard, fight to get into corporate ladder, or go overseas to broaden your world view

at the end of the day , white collar job ain't that bad.

not everybody dedikasi to open big business on the fly
arc_archive
post Jun 10 2021, 09:37 PM

Casual
364 posts

Stop dreaming of being a Loktot.. lu can becum Lentist for much better working hour and better pay. Wut u tokok lagi? Apply now n let the next generation enjoy the cheap fee for doing tooth braces.
moiskyrie
post Jun 10 2021, 09:39 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,294 posts

QUOTE(DJJD @ Jun 10 2021, 09:02 PM)
Study 11 years in school
Go pre u 2 years
4-6 years med school
2 years houseman

Still earn less than show boobs and pussy on onlyfans after SPM at 18
more likely after spend almost 20 year study..end up selling nasi lemak at road side...or become grab ...
jamilselamat
post Jun 10 2021, 09:41 PM

Getting Started
138 posts

I think it's safe to say that most kids wont be aiming for medical field for the time being, knowing the sort of work schedule they are risking at in this post pandemic world.
CiTY convenience STORE
post Jun 10 2021, 09:45 PM

0 posts

Meh. Instead of compete with others bandwagon on gold rush, why not sell mineral water beside the mine?
9m2w
post Jun 10 2021, 09:49 PM

Victoria Concordia Crescit
905 posts

QUOTE(friedricetheman @ Jun 10 2021, 09:28 PM)

Actually it's true and also quite apparent also back in my time in the mid 90s. Rote memorisation didn't prepare most students for university when higher order concepts came to play. And i might reported for this but alot of SJKs (even those who continued in national secondary schools) took a bit longer time to adjust.

I remember once during statistics finals some students even broke down crying in the middle of the exam. Reason was the lecturer didn't give a standard here's the problem here's the variables solve it. She presented scenarios with alot of red herrings numbers. It was a culture shock to the students that were use to rote memorisation and straight forward problem solving. Heck I even remember a group of them wanting to see the lecturer immediately after the exam to petition for a new paper 🤯

But as the years go by sooner or later most of the students ditch their bad habis from secondary school. If our universities are still roughly the same, i think the SPM kids will adjust. At least the good and dedicated ones

arsenwagon
post Jun 10 2021, 09:53 PM

all ur bass are belong to usa
2,227 posts

QUOTE(CertifiedHomphobe @ Jun 10 2021, 09:21 PM)
my cousin was one of those top scorers A+++ back then 12+years ago iirc.

Got an insane scholarship , studied in the states at an ivy league school , worked for some big MNC in the states and is now currently residing at our neighbor country. Dude was literally dubbed the child prodigy of our 'family' .

I wouldn't call him super successful though but still its a great achievement nevertheless. Meanwhile I have others who couldn't match him academically but is doing pretty much the same / better than him.

Child prodigy failed to get a greencard in the states however my own siblings and other cousins did . Sucked for him though.

Was he successful? I don't know , depends on your own definition of success . But did he do better than most? Definitely.
can sense the bitterness, mustve been the black sheep when the aunties compared report cards devil.gif
DJJD
post Jun 10 2021, 09:57 PM

Casual
302 posts

QUOTE(IWannAAR @ Jun 10 2021, 09:28 PM)
the unfortunate reality and many don't see this as a concern but eventually everyone needs a GOOD doctor as they age (no matter how rich)

looking at the current situation, i am seeing future generations in grave trouble as people are going away from professional jobs to be in quick fix jobs instead. while these quick fix jobs pays well, future quality progress and advances is not guaranteed (global issue, not only malaysia)
You're probably wrong aside from medicine

The sad truth is a lot of "stable" white collar jobs are no longer stable

Law
Accounting and auditing
Editing and journalism
Engineers

A lot of them will be replaced by AI very soon

Not all. Many will still be needed. But a sizable number. If there are 200k accountants in Malaysia and 20% are replaced by AI that's 40k fewer jobs. And many lower level jobs like accounts assistant or paralegal will be completely automated

Meanwhile nobody wants to see robot boobs or a robot play a guitar

So influencers increase
DJJD
post Jun 10 2021, 09:59 PM

Casual
302 posts

QUOTE(arsenwagon @ Jun 10 2021, 09:13 PM)
bill gates dropout bcoz he's too good for school
rempits and ahbengs dropout bcoz school's too good for them
Namewee ah beng doing ok ma

Ybb ah lian but everyday some simp in k make tered about her. Bill gates also can't fight liao
IWannAAR
post Jun 10 2021, 10:10 PM

26 posts

QUOTE(DJJD @ Jun 10 2021, 09:57 PM)
You're probably wrong aside from medicine

The sad truth is a lot of "stable" white collar jobs are no longer stable

Law
Accounting and auditing
Editing and journalism
Engineers

A lot of them will be replaced by AI very soon

Not all. Many will still be needed. But a sizable number. If there are 200k accountants in Malaysia and 20% are replaced by AI that's 40k fewer jobs. And many lower level jobs like accounts assistant or paralegal will be completely automated

Meanwhile nobody wants to see robot boobs or a robot play a guitar

So influencers increase
makes me wonder really, 50 years to come, so many influencers, who are they trying to influence? influencers out-influencing other influencers? will the world ever the oversaturated with influencers at one point and the world become so unproductive i wonder 🤔 is that why china is controlling the social media so much because they foresee this happening in the future?

CertifiedHomphobe
post Jun 10 2021, 10:11 PM

Getting Started
207 posts

QUOTE(arsenwagon @ Jun 10 2021, 09:53 PM)
can sense the bitterness, mustve been the black sheep when the aunties compared report cards  devil.gif
Lmao

Tru2, the guy got compared with everyone in my family lol.
SUSLyu
post Jun 10 2021, 10:14 PM

Enthusiast
771 posts

Ayam fren got straight A back then
Got scholarship went overseas study dunno what course
Back here hair half gone due to stress he said
Ended up working for a book company, not related to course he taken...
Now dunno do what but kinda annoying always post photos with gf

6 Pages < 1 2 3 4 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0254sec    0.32    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 27th September 2021 - 02:58 PM