Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Kena con during interview, how to escape?, Jumped ship but wrong move

views

ZZMsia
post Jun 10 2021, 04:22 PM

Look at all my stars!!
3,303 posts

QUOTE(manpower4x4 @ Jun 10 2021, 04:11 PM)
Ok tldr.

A new company offered me 30% more salary than previous job.
Quite reputable from my peers and seems like a good role with advancement from previous senior exec to now, Asst manager.

However, the company kinda 'indirectly conned' me into the job.

1.During the interview, they mentioned that since the mco 3.0, they did not cut any salary and paying full. The join date was put as 14th June 2021. I got the offer letter on 15th May 2021 and signed back to them the same date. However, today the HR sent me an email saying that they forgot to ask me to sign an agreement on paycut. I asked him why and he said that a Managerial role above has to go through this cut and it was 30%. In return, the official work hours is changed from 9am to 6pm to 10am to 4pm daily. I wasn't happy about it and pressured that this was not mentioned in the interview and I am just an AM not the real manager. The HR guy said it's the procedure and not sure why his ppl did not mention to me.

2. Apparently from my pursuit in no.1, I found out that the company has been doing a minor restructuring where they were removing positions of Asst Managers from the hierarchy. The HR guy told me that anybody holding AM positions or offered one will get a redesignation letter as a Manager with no salary adjustment and follow everything that is bound on Managers. (It was clearly mentioned to me in the interview that managers are managerial level, AMs are not). The restructuring happened this week and I am bound to it but the plan to restructure was there long even before my interview happened.

In this case, my current company is hoping I can stay on but I signed over the other side and the hr warned me strictly over trying to ffk them.

What should I do?
Considering Item no 1 you should ask current company for counter? and then stay.
Can leave the new job as they did not disclose something to you that's going to impact your decision.

ZZMsia
post Jun 10 2021, 05:53 PM

Look at all my stars!!
3,303 posts

QUOTE(malleus @ Jun 10 2021, 05:01 PM)
if you refuse to sign the second letter, then you still have the option of having a conversation with the HR, where you will need to stand your ground and say that you refuse to sign the letter as it was not communicated to you before, then see how it goes from there. if you're lucky they will just tell you that if you don't sign, then they cannot hire you.
Fully in agreement with this approach too.

ZZMsia
post Jun 11 2021, 12:32 PM

Look at all my stars!!
3,303 posts

QUOTE(mini orchard @ Jun 11 2021, 10:44 AM)
Not sure why few forumers said about being blacklisted from joining the co in the future.?

If someone slap another on the face, will the victim invite the person for coffee the next day ?
If this experience happens to me, the last thing I will worry about is being blacklisted.
I will blacklist the company forever.

Also, a company undergoing cost reduction should not be hiring staff

ZZMsia
post Jun 12 2021, 02:25 PM

Look at all my stars!!
3,303 posts

QUOTE(manpower4x4 @ Jun 12 2021, 12:34 PM)
Oh that's good to hear le... Didn't know must consent only they cut. What can they do if I don't agree? Well I wish they fire me.
Seriously,
after all this advice, why are you even considering to join that Company?
may I know?

ZZMsia
post Jun 14 2021, 03:26 PM

Look at all my stars!!
3,303 posts

QUOTE(manpower4x4 @ Jun 14 2021, 12:56 AM)
Well not that I want to join, the hr is using the offer letter I signed against me. He kinda gangster on me saying I should know what I have signed and what powers they hold....

And yes, the HR guy has written me a wonderful email:

Dear Mr. XXX,

As per our Tele-conversation, I have gone through the whole process with the hiring manager and the department director. It seems that the department director is not allowing such irresponsible act and would therefore require you to reimburse all hiring costs related to this position up to 12th June 2021. The vacancy is now deemed urgent as the resigning person is leaving on 18th June 2021. It is a formality that our team allows you to sign a consent form on the salary adjustment and redesignation to Managerial level. We have obtained legal approval from related government authorities on the salary adjustment as this was declared as a restructuring for survival. As such, the amount that will be claimed against your good self will be a total of 1 months salary in lieu without any deductions or adjustments. Should you continue to refrain signing the redesignation letter, a legal notice from our lawyer will be issued to you.

Regards,
Mr YYY
ZZZ Company Sdn Bhd
please Do NOT join them. It has gone to this. Just be silent and walk away!!
ZZMsia
post Jun 14 2021, 08:15 PM

Look at all my stars!!
3,303 posts

QUOTE(chickenshit36 @ Jun 14 2021, 07:21 PM)
Ignore. They void the contract and now trying to scare u. Which is foolish. If u cheat and lie to people to come work for u, how long do u think they will last before resigning?

Put it this way la. I agree to buy x item from you for rm100 and agree cod place. We meet and then I say I don’t have money can only pay rm70. Then say I came all the way already and u should reimburse me for my travel cost. Sounds stupid right?
Just reply as polite as u can, and mention if they are not happy they are welcome to file a complain to industrial relations court.
Meanwhile, make sure u sort things out with your current company to ensure u can stay.

Screw these unethical companies.
Agreeing with his point. please walk away asap

ZZMsia
post Jun 19 2021, 09:53 AM

Look at all my stars!!
3,303 posts

QUOTE(contestchris @ Jun 18 2021, 07:34 PM)
Guys why so drama. Just WALK AWAY. Don’t say anything at all. This is some really shitty nonsense they are pulling. Don’t roll in the mud with them. Ignore whatever they say, do not engage them anymore.
Agreed.
let them serve you a letter and take it from there.

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0414sec    0.15    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 03:20 AM