Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Bump Topic Topic Closed RSS Feed
3 Pages  1 2 3 >Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Manchester United Street Talks, 29/8 Wolves v United 23:30 (English Clubs)

views

lee82gx
post Jun 14 2021, 10:32 AM

I guess I'm special
2,449 posts

So Sancho is coming? I think I need to find my excitement from last season....I seemed to have dropped it somewhere.
lee82gx
post Jul 2 2021, 06:16 PM

I guess I'm special
2,449 posts

who knows how the right wing will look like with Sancho? Will need to work it out with AWB to form a solid partnership. I think this gives AWB a great great 3rd chance. Hope he makes good use.

We need to get the Varane deal done, that'll really shore us up. I can't believe it if you tell me actually Varane is already older than Maguire. Is he? Used to be one of the first on my buy list with Football Manager when he was under 20.

As a MU fan, for the last 3 years I have given up dreaming about top players in their prime. Especially those we actually need.
lee82gx
post Jul 2 2021, 10:18 PM

I guess I'm special
2,449 posts

QUOTE(statikinetic @ Jul 2 2021, 09:14 PM)
Varane is the same age as Maguire. 28.
This one, I'm probably going to get some stick because I don't agree with this.
Sentimentality at play. Aguero was a legend at City but once he doesn't fit in, he has to go. Mata has lost his legs at this level for the past couple of years, but still gets a new contract.

So instead of giving Diallo, Pellestri, Shoretire or Elanga playing time in Cup games, we are going to give it to Mata?
Champion le tu.
Maybe a pay per play contract?
lee82gx
post Jul 3 2021, 04:30 PM

I guess I'm special
2,449 posts

QUOTE(statikinetic @ Jul 2 2021, 10:48 PM)
The play part is the issue, he shouldn't even be playing. I'd rather that slot go to the youngsters.
I would understand if it was an ambassadorial contract and not a playing one.

For the 3 forward senior positions we already have Cavani, Sancho, Rashford, Martial, Greenwood, James. 6 players for 3 slots.
Plus Lingard and Perreira if we don't sell them.

How are we going to fit some of the youngsters in there who need senior minutes like Elanga, Diallo, Pellestri, Shoretire, Hannibal?
MUFC boardroom / hiring works in mysterious ways dude...I won't even try to say I understand 10% of their deals. Until today I'm between baffled and wonder.
lee82gx
post Jul 4 2021, 11:32 PM

I guess I'm special
2,449 posts

my hopes are not high on us being able to lure Varane. As you guys said this is just a Ramos situation. Hell we can't even get 35 year old Ramos, forget the 30 year old one.

Unless the guy says he's coming, Madrid says he's coming and I see him holding up a red shirt. Never believe anything coming out of Madrid.
lee82gx
post Jul 5 2021, 01:36 PM

I guess I'm special
2,449 posts

QUOTE(yhtan @ Jul 5 2021, 11:18 AM)
Ramos sudah old liao, no point getting him. Varane still 28 years old, he still got about 3-4 years career.

Last time Ramos really use us as bait to extend his contract, Kayu also won't sign him this time.
forgive an uncle, I've been hurt too much to have anymore positive vibes haha. Hope we can get him, but my expectations are still lindelof+maguire.

And for those raving on about Maguire, he had a good game against Germany, and a great game vs Ukraine. But its Ukraine...which is more or less Dynamo Kiev....

lee82gx
post Jul 5 2021, 01:54 PM

I guess I'm special
2,449 posts

double post.

This post has been edited by lee82gx: Jul 5 2021, 01:55 PM
lee82gx
post Jul 12 2021, 09:07 PM

I guess I'm special
2,449 posts

i suspect the transfer saga caused Sancho to either drop focus or Southgate to lose confidence in him. For better or worse its end up like this. One can only blame Southgate for his substitutions and for poorly executed penalty kick off.

They weren't too far off as a team. Except I don't really give a rats ass how well they perform. They have a lot of famous players and none of them played that well. Harry Kane was muted like a midfielder and I can't really say their midfielder holds a candle to Italy's.

Shaw and Sterling are perhaps the standouts.
lee82gx
post Jul 15 2021, 11:12 PM

I guess I'm special
2,449 posts

So Rashy confirm going for the operation on his shoulder?

This post has been edited by lee82gx: Jul 15 2021, 11:13 PM
lee82gx
post Jul 16 2021, 10:03 AM

I guess I'm special
2,449 posts

QUOTE(yhtan @ Jul 16 2021, 09:13 AM)
Confirm, but now he is holidaying with Sancho, expecting he will be out for 2-3 months at least
thanks, but to me it makes no sense. Holiday first then only operation. Why cannot do the operation, recover and relax? MUFC seems last on his list of priorities.
lee82gx
post Jul 16 2021, 10:43 AM

I guess I'm special
2,449 posts

QUOTE(zhou.xingxing @ Jul 16 2021, 10:06 AM)
doctors not available until end of july if not wrong
must be one hell of a shoulder doctor if need to wait for him.
lee82gx
post Jul 23 2021, 01:42 PM

I guess I'm special
2,449 posts

if they pay 160m for Kane, I will say they absolutely deserve him.
lee82gx
post Jul 23 2021, 07:04 PM

I guess I'm special
2,449 posts

QUOTE(bansai @ Jul 23 2021, 03:39 PM)
160m is about the accumulated cash for winning the EPL. If go through, FFP can go eat a pie.
If ask me, there is no such thing as FFP. They have broken it and will break it again.
lee82gx
post Jul 27 2021, 09:37 AM

I guess I'm special
2,449 posts

I’m way more excited with Varane than with Sancho tbh. What did we do? Fire Woodie and suddenly the blue ocean clear sky?
lee82gx
post Jul 27 2021, 12:29 PM

I guess I'm special
2,449 posts

QUOTE(statikinetic @ Jul 27 2021, 11:57 AM)
One thing I've noticed is that the casual fans are really hyped on the Sancho transfer. But the older fans are getting hyped on the Varane transfer.

Interesting demographics.
You calling me old, punk? 🤨
lee82gx
post Jul 27 2021, 12:45 PM

I guess I'm special
2,449 posts

QUOTE(statikinetic @ Jul 27 2021, 12:39 PM)
Hah, I think I'm older than you. smile.gif
Experience helps pinpoint what areas are really important. So I'm hyped for Varane as well.
haha....really. I feel old. Old enough that I've not watched any live match after 1am.
lee82gx
post Jul 28 2021, 10:50 AM

I guess I'm special
2,449 posts

Its happened!
https://www.manutd.com/en/news/detail/man-u...rom-real-madrid
lee82gx
post Jul 28 2021, 11:04 AM

I guess I'm special
2,449 posts

QUOTE(statikinetic @ Jul 28 2021, 10:57 AM)
Some of us did think that Varane would be the dream transfer but did not dare to dream because of the Ramos precedent.
Think back to six months ago when we were discussing potential CBs. A few names did come up but Varane was always top choice.

Feels really good to get our top target for a change.
So much optimism around the United fanbase now.

So let's start talking about what success would look like and how this translates onto the pitch.
Success would be our fullbacks being more offensive and the end of the midfield double pivot. That is what I expect to see in our first game of the season.
Failure would be seeing the back 6 deployed with the midfield double pivot and the fullbacks continue to tuck in (Think AWB-Lindelof last season). This is all on Ole and his coaching team now. No more excuses.
I was one of them. Even in FM I would cast a longing eye toward Varane every transfer window. Now we just need to find a suitable box to fedex Pogba to PSG and we can start. If Ole turns this team into TauHu team, I will personally go to OT and whack him.

lee82gx
post Jul 28 2021, 11:35 AM

I guess I'm special
2,449 posts

Its going to be a bargain even at 100m if we win something substantial. But lets not focus on the price. He is a good player. And what we need for the position (and more). That's all I care.
lee82gx
post Jul 29 2021, 11:22 PM

I guess I'm special
2,449 posts

i think 9 years of mediocrity has humbled me deeply. To expect a trophy seems like unpossible.
But to not challenge far longer for the league, even if Liverpool comes back strongly this new season, will be sacking for Ole. I expect us to be in contention for the league until the last 3 matches.

Cups, well you meet Liverpool, Chelsea, and MC and it is instantly a coin toss so I won't say too much. But the league is where you build and be consistent, and show it week in week out that you are playing better, having a plan to break down teams who sit deep and counter (Just like Liverpool and MC). I think that's what I want to see and what I expect.

3 Pages  1 2 3 >Top
Topic ClosedOptions

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0661sec    0.50    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 21st September 2021 - 09:30 PM