Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Bump Topic Topic Closed RSS Feed
124 Pages « < 34 35 36 37 38 > » Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Manchester United Street Talks, 29/8 Wolves v United 23:30 (English Clubs)

views

statikinetic
post Jul 28 2021, 10:57 AM

BaneCat
2,377 posts

Some of us did think that Varane would be the dream transfer but did not dare to dream because of the Ramos precedent.
Think back to six months ago when we were discussing potential CBs. A few names did come up but Varane was always top choice.

Feels really good to get our top target for a change.
So much optimism around the United fanbase now.

So let's start talking about what success would look like and how this translates onto the pitch.
Success would be our fullbacks being more offensive and the end of the midfield double pivot. That is what I expect to see in our first game of the season.
Failure would be seeing the back 6 deployed with the midfield double pivot and the fullbacks continue to tuck in (Think AWB-Lindelof last season). This is all on Ole and his coaching team now. No more excuses.

lee82gx
post Jul 28 2021, 11:04 AM

I guess I'm special
2,449 posts

QUOTE(statikinetic @ Jul 28 2021, 10:57 AM)
Some of us did think that Varane would be the dream transfer but did not dare to dream because of the Ramos precedent.
Think back to six months ago when we were discussing potential CBs. A few names did come up but Varane was always top choice.

Feels really good to get our top target for a change.
So much optimism around the United fanbase now.

So let's start talking about what success would look like and how this translates onto the pitch.
Success would be our fullbacks being more offensive and the end of the midfield double pivot. That is what I expect to see in our first game of the season.
Failure would be seeing the back 6 deployed with the midfield double pivot and the fullbacks continue to tuck in (Think AWB-Lindelof last season). This is all on Ole and his coaching team now. No more excuses.
I was one of them. Even in FM I would cast a longing eye toward Varane every transfer window. Now we just need to find a suitable box to fedex Pogba to PSG and we can start. If Ole turns this team into TauHu team, I will personally go to OT and whack him.

Mu4ever80
post Jul 28 2021, 11:15 AM

2 posts

Total signing fee for Varane including add on is only 42M pounds(41m euros+ 8.2m euros add on). https://global.espn.com/football/soccer-tra...rom-real-madrid
ahbenggay
post Jul 28 2021, 11:19 AM

Gomu Gomu No Pistol !
1,135 posts

LoL...don be surprised if pogba going free next summer.

this guy love to run down his contract.
statikinetic
post Jul 28 2021, 11:24 AM

BaneCat
2,377 posts

QUOTE(lee82gx @ Jul 28 2021, 11:04 AM)
I was one of them. Even in FM I would cast a longing eye toward Varane every transfer window. Now we just need to find a suitable box to fedex Pogba to PSG and we can start. If Ole turns this team into TauHu team, I will personally go to OT and whack him.
Me too, I was hoping for Varane but didn't dare put too much thought into it.
If Pogba goes, we will get a replacement midfielder. So someone who can connect Maguire-Varane to Bruno upfront.

Ole really has no more excuses. If you see that back 6 again in the first game of the season, can start taking your baseball bat and booking that flight to Manchester.
statikinetic
post Jul 28 2021, 11:32 AM

BaneCat
2,377 posts

QUOTE(Mu4ever80 @ Jul 28 2021, 11:15 AM)
Total signing fee for Varane including add on is only 42M pounds(41m euros+ 8.2m euros add on). https://global.espn.com/football/soccer-tra...rom-real-madrid
Base fee around 35M pounds.
For once, United got what I consider to be a bargain!

Arsenal fans getting plenty of stick in comparison.
lee82gx
post Jul 28 2021, 11:35 AM

I guess I'm special
2,449 posts

Its going to be a bargain even at 100m if we win something substantial. But lets not focus on the price. He is a good player. And what we need for the position (and more). That's all I care.
damnself
post Jul 28 2021, 11:48 AM

Getting Started
244 posts

QUOTE(lee82gx @ Jul 28 2021, 11:04 AM)
Mmg if don’t win any mmg Ole kene hentam. No excuse. And if he play it safe in majority of the season pun kita hentam dia jgk 😂
skystrike
post Jul 28 2021, 12:08 PM

back to normal
1,223 posts

already got 2 new good player....if ole didnt win anything he has to go at the end of season...
DarkWan
post Jul 28 2021, 12:37 PM

On my way
564 posts

The excitement from the fans and the jelly from the rival are long overdue.

I remember the mocking when we bought AWB and Maguire; we questioned the price that we have to pay and the rival laughed at us. On Cavani, before he keeps scoring, he was a big question mark.

Sancho and Varane; even some rival questioned their club's ambition now
silvertoes
post Jul 28 2021, 01:03 PM

Getting Started
159 posts

85points and FA or Carling cup should be considered as progress this coming season..
beck_ken
post Jul 28 2021, 01:08 PM

Look at all my stars!!
4,716 posts

With Varane, another ball playing defender like Maguire and like to roam forward like Maguire, we no longer need 2 holding midfielders, if we cannot get an upgraded holding midfielder, between Fred and McTom, I will picked Fred over McTom any day.

With Pogba most likely on his way to PSG, it is time for VDB to shine, first season flop can be forgettable since he was given less chance, if we really playing 433 or 4321, VDB can push forward connecting Bruno, Greenwood, Sancho and Cavani with Fred taking care the centre circle area and both Maguire or Varane can roam forward.

The only concern is AWB, he is weak in attacking, hopefully with Varane covering him, he can shine
state of abyssmal
post Jul 28 2021, 01:54 PM

addicted to you
4,401 posts

at last a good cb. took us sometimes to get. rclxm9.gif
O-haiyo
post Jul 28 2021, 01:58 PM

Enthusiast
807 posts

what if Ole manage to push the league until the end but fail to win, and reach semifinal in ucl? is that acceptable?
simmarjit
post Jul 28 2021, 02:00 PM

On my way
561 posts

QUOTE(O-haiyo @ Jul 28 2021, 01:58 PM)
what if Ole manage to push the league until the end but fail to win, and reach semifinal in ucl? is that acceptable?
Then sure, but if its not an improvement to this season we had, with better players then he has to go (but they gave him a new contract so yea that aint happening LOL).
even_steven
post Jul 28 2021, 02:03 PM

On my way
582 posts

QUOTE(beck_ken @ Jul 28 2021, 01:08 PM)
The only concern is AWB, he is weak in attacking, hopefully with Varane covering him, he can shine
AWB doesn't really need to focus on attacking now that he have Sancho playing on his side. He just need to make sure to support Sancho and we will be good.

yhtan
post Jul 28 2021, 02:05 PM

Look at all my stars!!
8,407 posts

QUOTE(statikinetic @ Jul 28 2021, 11:32 AM)
Base fee around 35M pounds.
For once, United got what I consider to be a bargain!

Arsenal fans getting plenty of stick in comparison.
35mil for a world class CB, that is a big bargain since he is left 1 year contract. Good job to Murtough and Fletcher. Another acquisition going to depends on Pogba situation since we have spent about 100mil this summer market.
Azury36
post Jul 28 2021, 02:30 PM

Getting Started
197 posts

Man Utd
Rio Ferdinand =30M Pound (2002)
Varane = 35M Pound(2021)
While Arsenal
Ben White = 50M Pound

Arsenal fans "the best defender on earth better than Varane that won 4 times Champions League and 3 times on La Liga"
silvertoes
post Jul 28 2021, 02:42 PM

Getting Started
159 posts

QUOTE(O-haiyo @ Jul 28 2021, 01:58 PM)
United should get at least 85points next season.. if other team win the league it means that they are just immaculate and super consistent..
but i dont see Ole can make it.. dont forget other teams are getting better too..

Chelsea the champions of europe got new good signing also, they will be gunning for the league for sure..
City will sign a striker and/or another attacking mid, even if they dont sign anyone they are still capable of challenging..
Liverpoo got their captain CB back fit in the squad, their star attackers get full rest this summer..

it will be tough, most of them got better manager.. but one thing for sure, Ole will never get sacked laugh.gif

but i do hope Ole proves me wrong of course
damnself
post Jul 28 2021, 02:47 PM

Getting Started
244 posts

Pogba no friend2 dengan Varane ke? If me im excited my countrymen join sekali satu team.

124 Pages « < 34 35 36 37 38 > » Top
Topic ClosedOptions

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0266sec    0.73    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 22nd September 2021 - 07:04 PM