123 Pages « < 24 25 26 27 28 > » Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

English Clubs Manchester United Street Talks, 29/8 Wolves v United 23:30

views

Matchy
post Jul 16 2021, 10:04 AM

Regular
1,105 posts

the new kit really not nice... too plain.
Matchy
post Jul 16 2021, 10:05 AM

Regular
1,105 posts

QUOTE(lee82gx @ Jul 16 2021, 10:03 AM)
thanks, but to me it makes no sense. Holiday first then only operation. Why cannot do the operation, recover and relax? MUFC seems last on his list of priorities.
If not mistaken, the doctor not available till end of july.
zhou.xingxing
post Jul 16 2021, 10:06 AM

:3
1,691 posts

QUOTE(lee82gx @ Jul 16 2021, 10:03 AM)
thanks, but to me it makes no sense. Holiday first then only operation. Why cannot do the operation, recover and relax? MUFC seems last on his list of priorities.
doctors not available until end of july if not wrong
IpohGuyz
post Jul 16 2021, 10:37 AM

Getting Started
150 posts

buy these 2, we can be real contender. dunno about varane, didnt watch him play much, but see paper also know better than lindeloft. and trippier euro performance macam good. prefer him than awb. awb cannot attack. if mau park bus then put awb.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/...uble-swoop.html

lee82gx
post Jul 16 2021, 10:43 AM

I guess I'm special
2,861 posts

QUOTE(zhou.xingxing @ Jul 16 2021, 10:06 AM)
doctors not available until end of july if not wrong
must be one hell of a shoulder doctor if need to wait for him.
SUSskyblu3
post Jul 16 2021, 11:35 AM

Getting Started
157 posts

QUOTE(Matchy @ Jul 16 2021, 10:04 AM)
Have to wait to see the real shirt first

Simple can be nice. More evergreen.

Last season's home Jersey, when it was first revealed. Many said the same thing - not nice, plain, etc
After seeing the real thing. It's nice.
matty
post Jul 16 2021, 11:45 AM

Casual
346 posts

QUOTE(skyblu3 @ Jul 16 2021, 11:35 AM)
Have to wait to see the real shirt first

Simple can be nice.  More evergreen.

Last season's home Jersey, when it was first revealed.  Many said the same thing - not nice, plain, etc
After seeing the real thing.  It's nice.
Don't buy and don't support the Glazers.
statikinetic
post Jul 16 2021, 12:24 PM

BaneCat
2,903 posts

QUOTE(IpohGuyz @ Jul 16 2021, 10:37 AM)
buy these 2, we can be real contender. dunno about varane, didnt watch him play much, but see paper also know better than lindeloft. and trippier euro performance macam good. prefer him than awb. awb cannot attack. if mau park bus then put awb.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/...uble-swoop.html
I rate Varane quite highly and would think it is the number one target now. Yes, he still may be a flop but there is no CB with a better CV than him. It would be like signing Messi and he becomes another Sanchez.

To be fair to AWB, I would give him a chance of we get Varane. The RB position is also highly dependent on the right CB and RW. Unlike Shaw who has a good understanding with Maguire, AWB hasn't been quite as in sync with Lindelof. Plus there was no proper RW ahead of him so that dampened the attacking thrust. If we have a serial winner in Varane at RCB, and Sancho in RW, I would predict we will start seeing much more effective performances from AWB this season.

Save money on Trippier if there are no buyers for Dalot, and use Dalot as RB cover. He has improved quite a lot at AC Milan.

onepack
post Jul 16 2021, 12:25 PM

11 posts

QUOTE(Matchy @ Jul 16 2021, 10:04 AM)
plain and boring.. but then again its a retro historic theme from best charlton era. it does capture the look and look clean

teamviewer i think look better than chevy huge logo and white fit well
yhtan
post Jul 16 2021, 12:28 PM

Look at all my stars!!
8,547 posts

QUOTE(statikinetic @ Jul 16 2021, 12:24 PM)
I rate Varane quite highly and would think it is the number one target now. Yes, he still may be a flop but there is no CB with a better CV than him. It would be like signing Messi and he becomes another Sanchez.

To be fair to AWB, I would give him a chance of we get Varane. The RB position is also highly dependent on the right CB and RW. Unlike Shaw who has a good understanding with Maguire, AWB hasn't been quite as in sync with Lindelof. Plus there was no proper RW ahead of him so that dampened the attacking thrust. If we have a serial winner in Varane at RCB, and Sancho in RW, I would predict we will start seeing much more effective performances from AWB this season.

Save money on Trippier if there are no buyers for Dalot, and use Dalot as RB cover. He has improved quite a lot at AC Milan.
Dalot still haven't reach training ground, Ole want to access Dalot before decide anything.

Now the focus should be offloading Lingardinho, Perreira. Perreira didn't get much game time at Lazio.
statikinetic
post Jul 16 2021, 12:34 PM

BaneCat
2,903 posts

QUOTE(yhtan @ Jul 16 2021, 12:28 PM)
Dalot still haven't reach training ground, Ole want to access Dalot before decide anything.

Now the focus should be offloading Lingardinho, Perreira. Perreira didn't get much game time at Lazio.
I agree that offloading is important because we haven't managed to sell a single player.

No interest for Perreira yet.

Dalot had a couple of loan offers but United have turned them down. Its either sell, or keep in the squad as cover for the coming season. My bet is Dalot's future is not dependent on Ole assessing him. That is a smokescreen. If a good bid comes in we will sell. Of no bid comes in, Ole will say he has been performing good in training and will be part of the United squad.

Lingard, no offers yet. West Ham are of course interested but nothing concrete. And there is now surprising interest from Atletico Madrid.

And the most important sale has to be one of the keepers. We cannot keep both, with Heaton joining and Grant signing a new contract. Regardless of which keeper we prefer, just sell one.

yhtan
post Jul 16 2021, 12:51 PM

Look at all my stars!!
8,547 posts

QUOTE(statikinetic @ Jul 16 2021, 12:34 PM)
I agree that offloading is important because we haven't managed to sell a single player.

No interest for Perreira yet.

Dalot had a couple of loan offers but United have turned them down. Its either sell, or keep in the squad as cover for the coming season. My bet is Dalot's future is not dependent on Ole assessing him. That is a smokescreen. If a good bid comes in we will sell. Of no bid comes in, Ole will say he has been performing good in training and will be part of the United squad.

Lingard, no offers yet. West Ham are of course interested but nothing concrete. And there is now surprising interest from Atletico Madrid.

And the most important sale has to be one of the keepers. We cannot keep both, with Heaton joining and Grant signing a new contract. Regardless of which keeper we prefer, just sell one.
On the midfielder, seem like Ole wanna access on Garner to include him into the squad or loan him out another season, well i guess the decision will be make within this few weeks since Garner already reporting back to training ground. That would be link to Camavinga.

Selling is tougher than buying, Lingard can be easily sell but West Ham trying to lowball the price. I think we can recoup at least 15-20mil from him. Perreira i think at most sell him cheap cheap, at around 5-10mil.

The GK issue, it is well known Henderson is not ready for no.1 spot, DDG is declining compare to his peak but still can play, he still left about 2 years contract and recently Henderson is unhappy about the rotation play in last season. That is a major decision Ole need to solve before August transfer market close. TBH not much of club can afford DDG salary now, PSG signed Donarumma and their GK also flooded.

By next season full attendance at stadium, income will be normal like prior covid cases and by that time player price will be rise again, so i think this season is the best time for shopping.
beck_ken
post Jul 16 2021, 01:02 PM

Look at all my stars!!
4,716 posts

user posted image
bansai
post Jul 16 2021, 01:23 PM

Enthusiast
781 posts

just saw the replica's of the jersey, not player issue.

The fabric texture is bad, embroidery logo is bad, center logo is fugly. feels cheap and a lil too simple.

If following previous years player issue that i have, most likely it will be thinner and smoother texture. non embroidered patches and slightly different color tone. Avoid replica and just try to purchase the player issue.

replica's should be about 300, authentic should be about 500

this year for this price, i'd recommend you guys to go on ebay and purchase vintage united shirts from umbro on ebay, about the same price.
damnself
post Jul 16 2021, 05:17 PM

Getting Started
244 posts

If we really got varane and trippier.. dang.. is that even real?
statikinetic
post Jul 17 2021, 01:28 AM

BaneCat
2,903 posts

[Tactical] This piece of news, if true, makes me excited for the coming season. With the return of fans, I doubt Ole will get away with McFred and passive football without being boo-ed. At least there is some news about shifting to a more attacking formation instead of getting a midfield pivot to basically babysit the CB pairing. Varane will be key.

Manchester United boss Ole Gunnar Solskjaer has told players returning to preseason training he wants to implement a more attacking 4-3-3 formation this season in a move that could spell the end for the midfield partnership of Fred and Scott McTominay, sources told ESPN.

Solskjaer is keen to include more of his attacking players in his starting XI on a regular basis and has discussed with players and staff about the possibility of using one defensive midfielder behind two more forward-thinking players. Sources told ESPN that signing a new centre-back is key to the idea, with the club chasing a deal for Real Madrid defender Raphael Varane.

https://www.espn.com/soccer/manchester-unit...s-on-the-attack

[News] On Varane being worth it or not at 50M, here is some news to put it into perspective as Arsenal have done the Ben White transfer. For 50M, we get Varane and Arsenal get Ben White.

Arsenal agree to £50m White deal

Arsenal have agreed to a deal to sign Brighton defender Ben White for around £50m ($69m), according to Sky Sports.
The 23-year-old defender is set to undergo a medical when he returns from holiday on July 26.
Brighton had previously turned down two seperate bids for the England centre-back.

This post has been edited by statikinetic: Jul 17 2021, 12:00 PM
zhou.xingxing
post Jul 17 2021, 02:02 PM

:3
1,691 posts

QUOTE(statikinetic @ Jul 17 2021, 01:28 AM)
[Tactical] This piece of news, if true, makes me excited for the coming season. With the return of fans, I doubt Ole will get away with McFred and passive football without being boo-ed. At least there is some news about shifting to a more attacking formation instead of getting a midfield pivot to basically babysit the CB pairing. Varane will be key.
Manchester United boss Ole Gunnar Solskjaer has told players returning to preseason training he wants to implement a more attacking 4-3-3 formation this season in a move that could spell the end for the midfield partnership of Fred and Scott McTominay, sources told ESPN.

Solskjaer is keen to include more of his attacking players in his starting XI on a regular basis and has discussed with players and staff about the possibility of using one defensive midfielder behind two more forward-thinking players. Sources told ESPN that signing a new centre-back is key to the idea, with the club chasing a deal for Real Madrid defender Raphael Varane.

https://www.espn.com/soccer/manchester-unit...s-on-the-attack
[News] On Varane being worth it or not at 50M, here is some news to put it into perspective as Arsenal have done the Ben White transfer. For 50M, we get Varane and Arsenal get Ben White.

Arsenal agree to £50m White deal

Arsenal have agreed to a deal to sign Brighton defender Ben White for around £50m ($69m), according to Sky Sports.
The 23-year-old defender is set to undergo a medical when he returns from holiday on July 26.
Brighton had previously turned down two seperate bids for the England centre-back.
varane for 50m euros vs another english for 50m pounds.. i will take it.. but no news of clearing players.. jones lingard pereira.. varane trippier looks like sealed and they are announcing end of next week...
damnself
post Jul 17 2021, 07:39 PM

Getting Started
244 posts

QUOTE(zhou.xingxing @ Jul 17 2021, 02:02 PM)
varane for 50m euros vs another english for 50m pounds.. i will take it.. but no news of clearing players.. jones lingard pereira.. varane trippier looks like sealed and they are announcing end of next week...
Got Ruben neves info plak. Suddenly mcm best plak season ni
O-haiyo
post Jul 17 2021, 07:50 PM

Enthusiast
854 posts

QUOTE(zhou.xingxing @ Jul 17 2021, 02:02 PM)
I have this feeling that varane might not be an ideal pair for maguire. Din see much of him, but don't his play style almost the same as maguire? In terms of speed, he is not that fast either, or is he?
O-haiyo
post Jul 17 2021, 07:52 PM

Enthusiast
854 posts

QUOTE(damnself @ Jul 17 2021, 07:39 PM)
Got Ruben neves info plak. Suddenly mcm best plak season ni
I take neves over rice anyday anytime? This guy can pass and can shoot long range.

123 Pages « < 24 25 26 27 28 > » Top
Topic ClosedOptions

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0169sec    0.37    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 10:36 PM