Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Most in-demand programming languages in Malaysia?

views

TSJe Ping
post May 19 2021, 04:02 PM, updated 3y ago

15 posts

I will be graduating soon from my Bachelor's Degree to get a job in the software development field, and I'm wondering what are the most sought-after programming languages/tools/frameworks in the current job market in Malaysia? (regardless of whether it is for web dev/mobile or others)

I'm trying to figure this out so that I can practice and experience these tools before I enter the job market.

Also, is it true that the majority of software jobs are in web development nowadays? (this is my observation after looking at some online job postings).

This post has been edited by Je Ping: May 19 2021, 04:07 PM
WongGei
post May 19 2021, 04:53 PM

Regular
1,206 posts

To answer your question precisely, may I know what languages have you master during your time in U?
https://www.simplilearn.com/best-programmin...g-today-article
https://bootcamp.berkeley.edu/blog/most-in-...ming-languages/

This post has been edited by WongGei: May 19 2021, 04:56 PM
MaGNiFiCo
post Jun 7 2021, 10:50 PM

weeeeeeeeeeeee
1,602 posts

Based on my observations. Java is still the most sought. Due to enterprise company still utilizing java based application (banking etc) and the booming mobile application demand. Android, kotlin etc

Next might be ios based language. swift and objective c

Not to forget c#, vb or any .net related language. It is still strong in demand too.

If you are into electronic or engineering field. No doubt you have to equip with c, c++ and python
aazisback P
post Jun 9 2021, 09:43 PM

Probation
3 posts

8 years in SE, I would recommend you go for MEAN / MERN stack.
And dont forget to learn flutter too.
ngaisteve1
post Jun 10 2021, 08:36 AM

Software Engineer
6,779 posts

QUOTE(Je Ping @ May 19 2021, 05:02 PM)
I will be graduating soon from my Bachelor's Degree to get a job in the software development field, and I'm wondering what are the most sought-after programming languages/tools/frameworks in the current job market in Malaysia? (regardless of whether it is for web dev/mobile or others)

I'm trying to figure this out so that I can practice and experience these tools before I enter the job market.

Also, is it true that the majority of software jobs are in web development nowadays? (this is my observation after looking at some online job postings).
I am not sure about Malaysia but you can do a simple keyword search in jobstreet to get an idea.

Personally as a C# developer myself, it is still in good demand and of course Javascript if you are into front-end

Anyway, for worldwide, you can check out tiobe index - https://www.tiobe.com/tiobe-index/

All the best icon_rolleyes.gif
FlierMate
post Jun 10 2021, 10:55 PM

On my way
Validating
543 posts

Anyway, for worldwide, you can check out tiobe index - https://www.tiobe.com/tiobe-index/

It is:
1. C
2. Python
3. Java
4. C++
5. C#
6. Visual Basic
7. JavaScript
8. PHP
9. Assembly Language (I couldn't believe this, ASM is on top 10 :-)

Last year or so on StackOverflow, the most frequently asked questions were related to Python, Java, JavaScript and C#.

Personally I don't know C. Completely forgot how to write C++, and now I am focused on C# too.

FlierMate
post Jun 10 2021, 10:59 PM

On my way
Validating
543 posts

Believe it or not, many programs written in Assembly Language were detected as malware (virus/ trojan).

People are told to turn off their AV software if they were to code in Assembly Language.

Personally speaking, programs generated by both of my Satay Compiler and Sambal Compiler are detected as malware although these EXEs do nothing malicious.

This post has been edited by FlierMate: Jun 10 2021, 11:32 PM
MaGNiFiCo
post Jul 3 2021, 01:14 AM

weeeeeeeeeeeee
1,602 posts

QUOTE(FlierMate @ Jun 10 2021, 10:59 PM)
Believe it or not, many programs written in Assembly Language were detected as malware (virus/ trojan).

People are told to turn off their AV software if they were to code in Assembly Language.

Personally speaking, programs generated by both of my Satay Compiler and Sambal Compiler are detected as malware although these EXEs do nothing malicious.
That because most of the tutorials on the net use assembly language to create the virus biggrin.gif
FlierMate
post Jul 5 2021, 09:15 PM

On my way
Validating
543 posts

QUOTE(MaGNiFiCo @ Jul 3 2021, 01:14 AM)
That because most of the tutorials on the net use assembly language to create the virusĀ  biggrin.gif
Mostly because of its tiny size, 3KB and below is common.

AV software can go wrong, falsely detect good program as malware. If you make the same program bloated, like 2KB --> 200KB (with junk bytes inserted), odds are it will no longer be detected as malware.

This post has been edited by FlierMate: Jul 5 2021, 09:16 PM

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0127sec    0.37    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 30th March 2024 - 12:02 AM