Saga 2010 BLM gear shift issue, Car gear shift won’t change to P

views

tctham
post Jun 8 2021, 06:55 PM

On my way
652 posts

QUOTE(Essa95 @ May 18 2021, 11:49 PM)
Hi everyone,

Suddenly, my gear shift won’t allow me to change to “P” and I’m using “N” instead when I park my car.
I tried to push it as hard as it makes sense but it won’t go all the way to “P”.
I can’t find any gear shift lock so I’m not sure if I can fix it myself or I need to see a mechanic?
Please advise guys.
Thanks in advance!
happened to me LOOONG ago (when my saga BLM is still within warranty)
Basically when i shift it out of P, i heard a cracking/snapping sound. Then i cannot shift it to P. I can even hear something rattling inside. I drove to SC and told them. they told me to leave overnight, i say it's obviously something at the lever broke. and i asked them to resolve it for me. in the end, they took a used parking level, and replaced it temporarily. Then when new stock arrived, they replaced the new one. Don't know the cost as i claimed warranty, but my issue is obviously something small broke at the parking lever.

is your symptom the same?
tctham
post Jun 10 2021, 02:21 PM

On my way
652 posts

QUOTE(Essa95 @ Jun 10 2021, 03:17 AM)
Actually, mine was working without any issues and after I went to Putrajaya (40 minutes drive overall) then when I came back to my place the lever won’t go to “P” anymore. No cracking and no similar issue. It was quite sudden. Now it’s MCO again and I can’t go see my mechanic sad.gif
sads, then i don't think your problem is same as mine. and as such, the resolution may not be that straight forward. wish you all the best and keep us posted.

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0154sec    0.47    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 11:21 PM