Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Infinity Basslink SM Underseat Sub

views

TSZessstSoup P
post May 15 2021, 06:48 PM, updated 3y ago

Probation
0 posts

Hi Sifus,

Currently I'm using MBQ 8" underseat sub and for some reason abit itchy to upgrade into something better. I've personally never listen to MBQ prior to purchasing it but so far the sound is ok for the price that i've paid.

So i came across this Infinity Basslink SM/SM2 8" underseat sub with class D amp, both version giving the same power output of 125W RMS. Just wondering if its worth the upgrade into this underseat subs as I've never hear it in real life, but from the videos that i've heard, the sound is quite good (assuming the phone used to capture the video is decent & my speakers were somewhat already flat in terms of Eq).

Or should i just get a custom subwoofer box with separate amp/monoblock instead.

Appreciate everyone's advice here rclxms.gif

csng
post May 21 2021, 08:36 PM

Getting Started
106 posts

Hi, I've been using the Infinity Basslink SM for more than a year, pairing it with an Alpine ILX-650

In the settings part, I max out all them and use the HU to control the volume level of the subwoofer.
I'm very satisfied with the performance. The most interesting part about it is that it has strong and fast heart pounding bass even at 5/15 subwoofer volume level. However dont expect it to fill your car as the best listening location is the driver seat when the woofer is place on the passenger underseat.

I've recently upgraded to the Alpine Type-R 12 inch powered with a Alpine X-A90M, and I have to tell u, even if this unit goes deep, with car rattling power, I still found it abit boomy and lacks some kick of the mid bass. Probably I still need some tuning though.

Hope it helps.

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0124sec    0.41    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 09:01 AM