Improve Bezza Handling

views

Nicholasng925
post May 12 2021, 02:30 AM

Getting Started
98 posts

QUOTE(Ang3237 @ May 12 2021, 12:13 AM)
The urge is strong now because i've been seeing 10 change car posts  rclxm9.gif

If Bezza i think average people normally can do it with entry level salary, i just do normal maintenance and changed my brake pad once after these years

But more importantly is what comes next, close to 50km round trip from work each day i think i deserve a better cruise on highway, maybe trade in  this bezza for a reliable upgrade or keep as backup if buy riskier 2nd hand cars if i want more fun hmm.gif  drool.gif
Bezza is pretty much a maintenance free car. For those who do not want to go through the fuss of improving the car's handling dynamic, they will prefer to change car. Which car to buy is another issue altogether.

For me, I will say it depends what's your goal and financial capability. Buying another new car or a better second hand car will likely set you back close to a thousand or so on monthly repayment. Are you willing to go back to the stage of repaying an entirely new loan again?

I myself frowned upon Bezza when it first came out since I'm not a slow driver myself, so Bezza is completely out of my consideration. But to be fair, different people have different objectives and goals in life. Car may just be a tool to move from Point A to B for them. To some people like myself, it's my hobby and passion. I love driving fast but safe. Car to me is an identity and a toy to have fun with.

So ask yourself these, what're your objectives and goals when it comes to car and finances?

Nicholasng925
post May 12 2021, 09:38 AM

Getting Started
98 posts

QUOTE(speedy3210 @ May 12 2021, 09:54 AM)
Seriously, why ask ask ask but never state what budget you have for this "upgrade"? Give crap input and you will get crap output.

Since latest Bezza comes with 15in wheels, that is a direction that you can start with. Ask around Bezza owner thread whats the rim spec the 2020 Bezza is using, especially the offset. Basically, 175/60R15 has almost same OD as 195/55R15, 592mm vs 594mm respectively. With the info gained, you can start looking for a set of 15in lightweight rims with the correct width and offset to clear the fenders. Pair the new rims with a set of better UHP tyres to your budget and liking. This lower tyre profile should reduce considerably the floaty feel I think.

Next, if you still have budget, can consider replacing the ori shocks that may have worn out over the years. Good candidate would be KYB RS Ultra and it has both front and rear shocks available. Just use back the ori springs for the time being and feel if it is up to expectation.

Forget the bars for a moment. Concentrate your budget on where it gives most result and satisfaction; wheels and shocks.

The ball is back in your court now. Your call.

Cheers
Haha good reply that actually answered TS's initial questions. I also second your views on the above mods that can significantly improve the handling dynamics of the car, and I agree that most bars are not that useful except one or two (for instance, rear anti-roll bar). One thing though, are lightweight rims really necessary? Given that Bezza itself is inherently light and it may need more weight to support the car stability at higher speed range.

On top of what have been mentioned, it also depends on your budget available to modify the car. Perhaps you are not a fan of modifying far (which is understandable), but sometimes given the financial constraint, that really could be the most optimal way to go.

One of the best mods would be getting a set of beefier UHP tires than stock tires. This itself merits a thread and plenty of info are available in the forum.

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0141sec    0.35    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 08:30 PM