4 Pages < 1 2 3 4 >Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Improve Bezza Handling

views

ktek
post May 12 2021, 01:39 PM

워터파크
9,858 posts

QUOTE(dogbert_chew @ May 12 2021, 01:09 PM)
Reducing unsprung weight (suspension, tyres etc) is one key factor in improving handling. Even though the sprung weight (body, engine etc) may be already light in Bezza case

But Ultra High Performance tyres for Bezza ? Hehehe..

Ive been looking for better tyres for my Axia E regularly cruising ard 130 but want to maintain my stock steel 14" rims for occasional kampong roads, most UHP size starts at 16"
turanza gr serie. u will impress
ktek
post May 12 2021, 01:41 PM

워터파크
9,858 posts

QUOTE(Nicholasng925 @ May 12 2021, 09:38 AM)
Haha good reply that actually answered TS's initial questions. I also second your views on the above mods that can significantly improve the handling dynamics of the car, and I agree that most bars are not that useful except one or two (for instance, rear anti-roll bar). One thing though, are lightweight rims really necessary? Given that Bezza itself is inherently light and it may need more weight to support the car stability at higher speed range.

On top of what have been mentioned, it also depends on your budget available to modify the car. Perhaps you are not a fan of modifying far (which is understandable), but sometimes given the financial constraint, that really could be the most optimal way to go. 

One of the best mods would be getting a set of beefier UHP tires than stock tires. This itself merits a thread and plenty of info are available in the forum.
weight support hi speed stable? u see f1 & racing car how many kg. how much speed stable.
hi speed pakai aero kit. not weight.
ktek
post May 12 2021, 01:47 PM

워터파크
9,858 posts

QUOTE(zeng @ May 11 2021, 07:36 PM)
First, re-adjust existing Front camber angles towards more negative regime .....
and report back for further 'parts' replacement and $$$ if need be.
u got many2 racing recipe icon_idea.gif
TSAng3237
post May 12 2021, 10:21 PM

Getting Started
64 posts

QUOTE(speedy3210 @ May 12 2021, 08:54 AM)
Seriously, why ask ask ask but never state what budget you have for this "upgrade"? Give crap input and you will get crap output.

Since latest Bezza comes with 15in wheels, that is a direction that you can start with. Ask around Bezza owner thread whats the rim spec the 2020 Bezza is using, especially the offset. Basically, 175/60R15 has almost same OD as 195/55R15, 592mm vs 594mm respectively. With the info gained, you can start looking for a set of 15in lightweight rims with the correct width and offset to clear the fenders. Pair the new rims with a set of better UHP tyres to your budget and liking. This lower tyre profile should reduce considerably the floaty feel I think.

Next, if you still have budget, can consider replacing the ori shocks that may have worn out over the years. Good candidate would be KYB RS Ultra and it has both front and rear shocks available. Just use back the ori springs for the time being and feel if it is up to expectation.

Forget the bars for a moment. Concentrate your budget on where it gives most result and satisfaction; wheels and shocks.

The ball is back in your court now. Your call.

Cheers
Thanks, i will look into uhp tires and the lightweight rims
But i feel like wanna change the suspension too, adjustable ones wad is recommended
tctham
post Jun 8 2021, 12:03 PM

On my way
505 posts

QUOTE(Ang3237 @ May 11 2021, 11:07 PM)
Yes i actually drove my colleagues Axia 1.0 before and felt that the car is faster and can corner better lol (could be weight issue bezza is like 100kg heavier)
i think, in general, hatchbacks have a sportier characteristic than its sedan sibling. (even rally cars changed from sedan to hatchbacks)

iriz will be more "fun" to drive than the persona, even if they share the same platform.
blindmutedeaf
post Jun 8 2021, 01:03 PM

Getting Started
100 posts

what's your budget?
cheap one go after rim / tires
upgrade a bit go after absorber ( not adjustable type) + tires
if want further more, absorber change to adjustable but your car will no longer comfortable where whoever sit in your car will say spine pain.... and normally story line goes by is when you upgrade those you will say too slow, change engine + turbo end up change car cause too many ECU issue to solve.
zeng
post Jun 8 2021, 01:04 PM

Regular
1,396 posts

QUOTE(Ang3237 @ May 11 2021, 11:07 PM)
Yes i actually drove my colleagues Axia 1.0 before and felt that the car is faster and can corner better lol (could be weight issue bezza is like 100kg heavier)
It appears to me the as-is-where-is alignment angle differences between them are substantial enough to give you such feeling, granted they are two differrent cars with dissimilarities in suspension systems.

The 'handicapped' Bezza handling/cornering may be improved with further alignment angle adjustments or refinements imho.
Kendall
post Jun 8 2021, 03:14 PM

Enthusiast
856 posts

sell Bezza buy Imprezza

both got ZZA

Imprezza is the short form for IMPRove beZZA handling

This post has been edited by Kendall: Jun 8 2021, 04:20 PM
THE CLASS OF 13
post Jun 8 2021, 03:45 PM

Getting Started
130 posts

as long as you didnt lose control still okay maa lol.

i drove my wife axia mt like shit tho,
trashing it around here and there corner like a maniac,
there are few moments i accidentally lift of the throttle and can feel the rear end buang a bit (oversteer)..that maybe during 60-70kmh exiting roudabout ..happen after weight instant weight transfer haha..

sumore no ESC only abs and stock tyre size CC6 haha..
so my advice if you drove it just for straight line and a little bit of high speed driving just let it as stock as possible..maybe can upgrade to wider tyre..ligther wheels forged or flow form..thats all..

THE CLASS OF 13
post Jun 8 2021, 03:49 PM

Getting Started
130 posts

FYI Axia or Bezza Caster angle is already big for a small car..

+4-to +5 caster angle which give it the fake heavy steering(besides the EPS assitance) feel during highspeed.. but more camber gain during corner..and i saw axia and bezza not easily wear outside tyre like old myvi lagi best..

but the thing is the chassis tuning and the weight just cannot take it..u leave it as it is or you go all out like a race car..lol

This post has been edited by THE CLASS OF 13: Jun 8 2021, 03:50 PM
myteam94
post Jun 9 2021, 12:49 AM

Getting Started
263 posts

Sorry to borrow this thread since it related to Perodua

I've been thinking of adding small mod to Ativa...

Does adding UR Front strut bar help in term of R&H?

I thought of adding front strut bar and front lower bar first then rear anti-roll bar

I believe the tyre are okay for now since Perodua equip with Turanza T005A
empire
post Jun 10 2021, 11:21 AM

Regular
1,807 posts

The most pantang words Bezza owners wanna hear are : CHANGE YOUR CAR
amscouzach57
post Jun 10 2021, 11:27 AM

Getting Started
243 posts

QUOTE(empire @ Jun 10 2021, 11:21 AM)
The most pantang words Bezza owners wanna hear are : CHANGE YOUR CAR
& yet could be the most commonly heard words, as well 🤷‍♂️

This post has been edited by amscouzach57: Jun 10 2021, 11:32 AM
furrybun
post Jun 10 2021, 04:48 PM

Getting Started
51 posts

QUOTE(myteam94 @ Jun 9 2021, 12:49 AM)
Sorry to borrow this thread since it related to Perodua

I've been thinking of adding small mod to Ativa...

Does adding UR Front strut bar help in term of R&H?

I thought of adding front strut bar and front lower bar first then rear anti-roll bar

I believe the tyre are okay for now since Perodua equip with Turanza T005A
Ride, no.

Handling, depends. But I thought DNGA is gooding mcm TNGA, I would just leave it as is.
myteam94
post Jun 11 2021, 05:33 PM

Getting Started
263 posts

QUOTE(furrybun @ Jun 10 2021, 04:48 PM)
Ride, no.

Handling, depends. But I thought DNGA is gooding mcm TNGA, I would just leave it as is.
Cause I came from driving Preve

So been having great R&H especially around corner 😅

I understand Ativa is a compact SUV as you said DNGA platform but I wish to have almost same kind of R&H experience as proton.
DS51
post Jun 11 2021, 08:38 PM

Getting Started
263 posts

QUOTE(THE CLASS OF 13 @ Jun 8 2021, 03:45 PM)
as long as you didnt lose control still okay maa lol.

i drove my wife axia mt like shit tho,
trashing it around here and there corner like a maniac,
there are few moments i accidentally lift of the throttle and can feel the rear end  buang a bit (oversteer)..that maybe during 60-70kmh exiting roudabout ..happen after weight instant weight transfer haha..

sumore no ESC only abs and stock tyre size CC6 haha..
so my advice if you drove it just for straight line and a little bit of high speed driving just let it as stock as possible..maybe can upgrade to wider tyre..ligther wheels forged or flow form..thats all..
beware bro. better safe than sorry. had see axia suv xv style skid in front of my eyes in karak.

that axia got vsc yet can still skid. but maybe without vsc will turn 360.

QUOTE(myteam94 @ Jun 11 2021, 05:33 PM)

I understand Ativa is a compact SUV as you said DNGA platform but I wish to have almost same kind of R&H experience as proton.
hard to fight sedan stability. thats why me will never get suv/mpv. bodyroll strong wo when taking corner. need to be real slow.
constant_weight
post Jun 11 2021, 09:02 PM

Getting Started
248 posts

DNGA and TNGA are much better than the platforms before them, but that's just (finally) keeping up with the competitors.

It is only bring them up to the level of other brand that have been doing for last 4-5 years. They are not objectively better the their competitors. If you are the bottom of your class for many years, and suddenly wake up and study hard, then scoring B+ is a big news.

The medias and reviewers are exaggerating the improvement. There is no magic whistling.gif . What you pay is what you get.
Quazacolt
post Jun 11 2021, 11:45 PM

Riding couple
4,290 posts

bro... P2... to catch up to P1, definitely not now, maybe 5-10 years in the future? assuming Proton is sleeping on the job and no longer improving.

But under Geely rule? heh. (don't forget they own Volvo and Lotus ya, top players in the industry when it comes to ride and handling)
furrybun
post Jun 11 2021, 11:50 PM

Getting Started
51 posts

Trying to get an economy crossover to handle like a sedan is an exercise in futility, especially considering that Preve benefited from Proton's R&H know-how while Ativa is....well...a Perodua/Daihatsu, even with DNGA.

At least, not something you can achieve with a couple of bars.

Ftuned has just completed R&D on their new coilover products for Ativa, maybe you can give them a ring. It's gonna be much more expensive than chassis bars, though.

This post has been edited by furrybun: Jun 11 2021, 11:50 PM
DM52
post Jun 12 2021, 12:08 AM

Getting Started
232 posts

QUOTE(constant_weight @ Jun 11 2021, 09:02 PM)
The medias and reviewers are exaggerating the improvement. There is no magic  whistling.gif . What you pay is what you get.
Damn..so true nia. So fucking true. My sister just bought hp.top up a bit get this spec, then topup further get this, topup even further get this.

I think ar, consumer goods is like that. u cant really compare example saga with persona with city. they are the best for their price range.

example saga, people might said, power a bit lack need 1.6 better get persona. but persona u need to topup liao. same goes to persona vs city. people said city faster, fuel efficient. but u need to topup.

tbh, people always say can compare same segment. but what I see is price range is different. So conclusion, still cannot compare. The most accurate measurement is price. but cars rarely got exact seling price.

4 Pages < 1 2 3 4 >Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0239sec    0.41    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 2nd August 2021 - 04:11 AM