user posted image
user posted image
mujinkun
post May 11 2021, 09:37 PM

Enthusiast
765 posts

Basic items to improve handling:
1) Sports spring from good maker.
2) Install rear ARB and front strut bar.
3) Increase the rims width with same R or one inch up. Riki for light rims. Not heavy imitation one. Lenso also ok.

Lastly

Know the car limits.

Reguards

This post has been edited by mujinkun: May 11 2021, 09:37 PM
gx_azam
post May 11 2021, 09:43 PM

16 posts

U know the answer bro
LarryPizzaGuy
post May 11 2021, 09:46 PM

Enthusiast
784 posts

Change car.

If you've got the budget to "improve" the ride handling of the Bezza.

You could've just reinvested in the budget and getting a better handling car.. which is the Proton Saga.

Didn't you test drove the Bezza before making the purchase? Or you're just trolling here.
TSAng3237
post May 11 2021, 10:19 PM

Getting Started
59 posts

QUOTE(LarryPizzaGuy @ May 11 2021, 09:46 PM)
Change car.

If you've got the budget to "improve" the ride handling of the Bezza.

You could've just reinvested in the budget and getting a better handling car.. which is the Proton Saga.

Didn't you test drove the Bezza before making the purchase? Or you're just trolling here.
When i test drove n bought the bezza i was just entry level worker and didn't seek out much in cars

Now its been 5 years n my bezza getting paid off and i start demanding more from cars only i will ask this, because wonder if i should still keep my bezza and save some cash or upgrade to a better handling one
mffa
post May 11 2021, 10:36 PM

Casual
371 posts

QUOTE(Ang3237 @ May 11 2021, 10:19 PM)
When i test drove n bought the bezza i was just entry level worker and didn't seek out much in cars

Now its been 5 years n my bezza getting paid off and i start demanding more from cars only i will ask this, because wonder if i should still keep my bezza and save some cash or upgrade to a better handling one
try driver slower bro. then u will appreciate ur bezza more.

perodua make maximum fuel efficiency car by sacrifice stability(skinny tyre, narrow body, light kerb weight).

but majority drive perodua like setan. just now myvi tailgate me and overtake at corner.

people always dont know what they want..example like below
1) buy perodua but want good stability- wrong car selection
2) buy proton but want good fuel consumption- wrong car selection

u need to set ur priority rights b4 get the car
TSAng3237
post May 11 2021, 10:54 PM

Getting Started
59 posts

QUOTE(mffa @ May 11 2021, 10:36 PM)
try driver slower bro. then u will appreciate ur bezza more.

perodua make maximum fuel efficiency car by sacrifice stability(skinny tyre, narrow body, light kerb weight).

but majority drive perodua like setan. just now myvi tailgate me and overtake at corner.

people always dont know what they want..example like below
1) buy perodua but want good stability- wrong car selection
2) buy proton but want good fuel consumption- wrong car selection

u need to set ur priority rights b4 get the car
yea and lowyat also persuaded me to change car LOL

at first it was only about cheap and fuel efficiency but after these years i feel want abit more performance/handling in my car because i spend alot of time in my car...
dogbert_chew
post May 11 2021, 10:57 PM

Casual
392 posts

QUOTE(Ang3237 @ May 11 2021, 10:54 PM)
yea and lowyat also persuaded me to change car LOL

at first it was only about cheap and fuel efficiency but after these years i feel want abit more performance/handling in my car because i spend alot of time in my car...
I write a bit different..

Upgrade Car.
LarryPizzaGuy
post May 11 2021, 11:02 PM

Enthusiast
784 posts

QUOTE(Ang3237 @ May 11 2021, 10:19 PM)

I'll change my tone la..

In that case, try to resists the urge to upgrade your car until you have enough savings to upgrade from Bezza to another class > City/Vios/Persona.

Congrats to you for paying off the Bezza within 5 years.
dogbert_chew
post May 11 2021, 11:03 PM

Casual
392 posts

QUOTE(SleeplessEyes @ May 11 2021, 07:12 PM)

The chassis is originated from Axia, legally engineered into a Sedan. So it's handling is no different than Axia except for a longer ass.

Even I drive Axia have tried going up to 130 for a short distance and that also is not recommended. And with stock R14 tyres.

Side note, my stock Axia E cruise regularly 130-140 when i tried few times with Bezza 1.3 AT the handling is much worse.

Dont know where screwed up after borrowing Axia platform, confused.
TSAng3237
post May 11 2021, 11:07 PM

Getting Started
59 posts

QUOTE(dogbert_chew @ May 11 2021, 11:03 PM)
Side note, my stock Axia E cruise regularly 130-140 when i tried few times with Bezza 1.3 AT the handling is much worse.

Dont know where screwed up after borrowing Axia platform, confused.
Yes i actually drove my colleagues Axia 1.0 before and felt that the car is faster and can corner better lol (could be weight issue bezza is like 100kg heavier)

This post has been edited by Ang3237: May 11 2021, 11:07 PM
TSAng3237
post May 11 2021, 11:13 PM

Getting Started
59 posts

QUOTE(LarryPizzaGuy @ May 11 2021, 11:02 PM)
I'll change my tone la..

In that case, try to resists the urge to upgrade your car until you have enough savings to upgrade from Bezza to another class > City/Vios/Persona.

Congrats to you for paying off the Bezza within 5 years.
The urge is strong now because i've been seeing 10 change car posts rclxm9.gif

If Bezza i think average people normally can do it with entry level salary, i just do normal maintenance and changed my brake pad once after these years

But more importantly is what comes next, close to 50km round trip from work each day i think i deserve a better cruise on highway, maybe trade in this bezza for a reliable upgrade or keep as backup if buy riskier 2nd hand cars if i want more fun hmm.gif drool.gif

This post has been edited by Ang3237: May 11 2021, 11:14 PM
metalfire
post May 11 2021, 11:15 PM

Casual
470 posts

topup a bit buy a proper car la
Nicholasng925
post May 12 2021, 02:30 AM

Getting Started
98 posts

QUOTE(Ang3237 @ May 12 2021, 12:13 AM)
The urge is strong now because i've been seeing 10 change car posts  rclxm9.gif

If Bezza i think average people normally can do it with entry level salary, i just do normal maintenance and changed my brake pad once after these years

But more importantly is what comes next, close to 50km round trip from work each day i think i deserve a better cruise on highway, maybe trade in  this bezza for a reliable upgrade or keep as backup if buy riskier 2nd hand cars if i want more fun hmm.gif  drool.gif
Bezza is pretty much a maintenance free car. For those who do not want to go through the fuss of improving the car's handling dynamic, they will prefer to change car. Which car to buy is another issue altogether.

For me, I will say it depends what's your goal and financial capability. Buying another new car or a better second hand car will likely set you back close to a thousand or so on monthly repayment. Are you willing to go back to the stage of repaying an entirely new loan again?

I myself frowned upon Bezza when it first came out since I'm not a slow driver myself, so Bezza is completely out of my consideration. But to be fair, different people have different objectives and goals in life. Car may just be a tool to move from Point A to B for them. To some people like myself, it's my hobby and passion. I love driving fast but safe. Car to me is an identity and a toy to have fun with.

So ask yourself these, what're your objectives and goals when it comes to car and finances?

speedy3210
post May 12 2021, 08:54 AM

Getting Started
292 posts

QUOTE(Ang3237 @ May 11 2021, 11:13 PM)
The urge is strong now because i've been seeing 10 change car posts  rclxm9.gif

But more importantly is what comes next, close to 50km round trip from work each day i think i deserve a better cruise on highway, maybe trade in  this bezza for a reliable upgrade or keep as backup if buy riskier 2nd hand cars if i want more fun hmm.gif  drool.gif
Seriously, why ask ask ask but never state what budget you have for this "upgrade"? Give crap input and you will get crap output.

Since latest Bezza comes with 15in wheels, that is a direction that you can start with. Ask around Bezza owner thread whats the rim spec the 2020 Bezza is using, especially the offset. Basically, 175/60R15 has almost same OD as 195/55R15, 592mm vs 594mm respectively. With the info gained, you can start looking for a set of 15in lightweight rims with the correct width and offset to clear the fenders. Pair the new rims with a set of better UHP tyres to your budget and liking. This lower tyre profile should reduce considerably the floaty feel I think.

Next, if you still have budget, can consider replacing the ori shocks that may have worn out over the years. Good candidate would be KYB RS Ultra and it has both front and rear shocks available. Just use back the ori springs for the time being and feel if it is up to expectation.

Forget the bars for a moment. Concentrate your budget on where it gives most result and satisfaction; wheels and shocks.

The ball is back in your court now. Your call.

Cheers
Nicholasng925
post May 12 2021, 09:38 AM

Getting Started
98 posts

QUOTE(speedy3210 @ May 12 2021, 09:54 AM)
Seriously, why ask ask ask but never state what budget you have for this "upgrade"? Give crap input and you will get crap output.

Since latest Bezza comes with 15in wheels, that is a direction that you can start with. Ask around Bezza owner thread whats the rim spec the 2020 Bezza is using, especially the offset. Basically, 175/60R15 has almost same OD as 195/55R15, 592mm vs 594mm respectively. With the info gained, you can start looking for a set of 15in lightweight rims with the correct width and offset to clear the fenders. Pair the new rims with a set of better UHP tyres to your budget and liking. This lower tyre profile should reduce considerably the floaty feel I think.

Next, if you still have budget, can consider replacing the ori shocks that may have worn out over the years. Good candidate would be KYB RS Ultra and it has both front and rear shocks available. Just use back the ori springs for the time being and feel if it is up to expectation.

Forget the bars for a moment. Concentrate your budget on where it gives most result and satisfaction; wheels and shocks.

The ball is back in your court now. Your call.

Cheers
Haha good reply that actually answered TS's initial questions. I also second your views on the above mods that can significantly improve the handling dynamics of the car, and I agree that most bars are not that useful except one or two (for instance, rear anti-roll bar). One thing though, are lightweight rims really necessary? Given that Bezza itself is inherently light and it may need more weight to support the car stability at higher speed range.

On top of what have been mentioned, it also depends on your budget available to modify the car. Perhaps you are not a fan of modifying far (which is understandable), but sometimes given the financial constraint, that really could be the most optimal way to go.

One of the best mods would be getting a set of beefier UHP tires than stock tires. This itself merits a thread and plenty of info are available in the forum.

dogbert_chew
post May 12 2021, 01:09 PM

Casual
392 posts

QUOTE(Nicholasng925 @ May 12 2021, 09:38 AM)
One thing though, are lightweight rims really necessary? Given that Bezza itself is inherently light and it may need more weight to support the car stability at higher speed range.

One of the best mods would be getting a set of beefier UHP tires than stock tires. This itself merits a thread and plenty of info are available in the forum.
Reducing unsprung weight (suspension, tyres etc) is one key factor in improving handling. Even though the sprung weight (body, engine etc) may be already light in Bezza case

But Ultra High Performance tyres for Bezza ? Hehehe..

Ive been looking for better tyres for my Axia E regularly cruising ard 130 but want to maintain my stock steel 14" rims for occasional kampong roads, most UHP size starts at 16"
pot-8-O's
post May 12 2021, 01:11 PM

P O T A T O E S
572 posts

QUOTE(set @ May 11 2021, 05:41 PM)
change car
QUOTE(AmenoJaku @ May 11 2021, 05:49 PM)
Change car
QUOTE(lazbuy85 @ May 11 2021, 06:31 PM)
Change car
Change car
ktek
post May 12 2021, 01:39 PM

워터파크
9,828 posts

QUOTE(furrybun @ May 11 2021, 09:31 PM)
user posted image
user posted image
larrrrr. ini pandai spend shopping tak improve skill diri