Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Laptop locked up, due to fail ower supply? (Hardware)

views

TS3dw1nlam
post May 4 2021, 11:47 AM, updated 2d ago

32 posts

Hi guys, I've been using Onyx V RTX 3060 for one month now..I've been using this laptop to do some heavy gaming...and the cpu will peak at 93 degrees and gpu will peak at 88 degrees..in order to cool down my laptop I've been kinda obsessed with cooling fan or anything that helps cool down my laptop. So for now i had fully utilized all my usb port, I had 2 vacuum cooler fan and one laptop cooling fan operating while i using the laptop either in office mode or gaming mode. The point is that I experience locked up on my laptop..like hang or jam and can't do anything for like 3 to 5 mins and it forced me to hard reset the laptop..is this problem due to too much power on cooling fan?
Baconateer
post May 4 2021, 11:50 AM

Meh..... (TM)
4,117 posts

U should ask Illegear instead.
RectangleX
post May 4 2021, 12:54 PM

Casual
457 posts

QUOTE(3dw1nlam @ May 4 2021, 11:47 AM)
Hi guys, I've been using Onyx V RTX 3060 for one month now..I've been using this laptop to do some heavy gaming...and the cpu will peak at 93 degrees and gpu will peak at 88 degrees..in order to cool down my laptop I've been kinda obsessed with cooling fan or anything that helps cool down my laptop. So for now i had fully utilized all my usb port, I had 2 vacuum cooler fan and one laptop cooling fan operating while i using the laptop either in office mode or gaming mode. The point is that I experience locked up on my laptop..like hang or jam and can't do anything for like 3 to 5 mins and it forced me to hard reset the laptop..is this problem due to too much power on cooling fan?
Clean the exhaust fan inside the laptop. Remove all the USB devices connected to the laptop to do the testing, to confirm whether it's an overheating issue.
Disable background App in Startup, too many App loaded in the background running together could hog overall system responsiveness and performance.
Check your storage drive for any bad sectors.
Defrag or trim your storage drive.

This post has been edited by RectangleX: May 4 2021, 01:00 PM
TS3dw1nlam
post May 4 2021, 03:14 PM

32 posts

QUOTE(Baconateer @ May 4 2021, 11:50 AM)
U should ask Illegear instead.
ok bro...i will text them...thank you so much for your help
Baconateer
post May 4 2021, 03:15 PM

Meh..... (TM)
4,117 posts

QUOTE(3dw1nlam @ May 4 2021, 03:14 PM)
ok bro...i will text them...thank you so much for your help
they also have their own subforum here.
TS3dw1nlam
post May 4 2021, 03:16 PM

32 posts

QUOTE(RectangleX @ May 4 2021, 12:54 PM)
Clean the exhaust fan inside the laptop. Remove all the USB devices connected to the laptop to do the testing, to confirm whether it's an overheating issue.
Disable background App in Startup, too many App loaded in the background running together could hog overall system responsiveness and performance.
Check your storage drive for any bad sectors.
Defrag or trim your storage drive.
thanks bro..if i face this issue again..i will try to remove all the connected usb

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0304sec    0.79    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 6th May 2021 - 02:41 PM