Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Proton Saga vs Proton Persona vs Beeza, Which one worth to buy ?

views

ru40342
post May 4 2021, 01:38 PM

Getting Started
205 posts

Recommendations are great but you should go and test drive those cars yourself. For such a big spending (>40k), you should be the one making the decision, not others.

I was going to get a Bezza as a daily driver but after a test drive of both Bezza and Saga, I booked the Proton Saga straight away the same day.

Besides all the points mentioned above, I can add 1 more reason why I prefer Proton (Saga or Persona) than Bezza: driving feel.

It is hard to describe but driving Saga feels safer and more fun than a Bezza. I don't get the sense of fun when driving Bezza and it lacks character. Bezza is just a transportation tool to get me somewhere.

Saga (and Persona if you need more space and don't mind extra fc) feels more than just a transport. It has characters and can bring joy to me. Put it this way: I drive Bezza because I need to go somewhere. I drive Saga because i like to drive Saga.

Hope this helps.
ru40342
post May 8 2021, 01:45 PM

Getting Started
205 posts

I have both myvi 2nd gen and latest proton saga at home. I drive both regularly.

If I were in a dangerous situation, I would much rather be in the proton saga. It handles better so I might be able to avoid collision and it drives better so I have more confidence to maneuver the car to avoid the collision. If I really couldn't avoid collision, I don't think saga would be worse off compared to myvi.
ru40342
post May 12 2021, 08:53 PM

Getting Started
205 posts

QUOTE(constant_weight @ May 12 2021, 07:12 PM)
If he got a Myvi, and put a bucket seat + roll cage, then he win all. I will keep quiet.

Anyway, back to Proton topic I think we are a bit too far.

If he claim Myvi is as safe as Sage/Persona in the control environment on crash test, I got no problem with that.

But when others (quite a few of them) states Proton has advantage of more extensive use of HSS/UHSS, thus could be safer in real world more dynamic environment, along with better handling, he deny that saying Myvi is safer with higher score. Deny the safety advantage of more HSS/UHSS, that hit my nerve.  tongue.gif

But I think I wasted enough time on a stranger. Just hope he don't mislead other people truly looking for feedback here.
He probably never own a proton before I supposed. Some people will blindly defend their car of choice and easily triggered if other people point that they are wrong.

I own Myvi 2 and Saga and if anyone tells me Myvi is safer (both passively and actively) than Saga in real world environment they surely never own a proton before.
ru40342
post Jun 10 2021, 02:52 PM

Getting Started
205 posts

QUOTE(dogbert_chew @ Jun 10 2021, 04:26 AM)
Yup, for Persona.

Budget cars Axia, Saga still available. Not sure about the Iriz though.

Else get the trucks still plenty across various makes.
Or move to Indonesia, Philippines, Thailand..
Year but those cars only have manual on their bare bone models. Last time I really eager to get Saga manual but it lacks many things that the more premium variants have so I opted for Saga premium.

Not sure why car companies think that manual drivers are cheapskate drivers.

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0165sec    0.71    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 18th September 2021 - 11:05 PM