Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

8 Pages < 1 2 3 4 > » Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Proton Saga vs Proton Persona vs Beeza, Which one worth to buy ?

views

zero5177
post May 4 2021, 05:32 PM

5 Stars Horse Tail
924 posts

If you want comfort for driver and passenger and drive quality that you would appreciate, go for Proton.

If you don't mind all only want a car with minimum running cost and Good resale value, go for Bezza.

Persona Vs Saga wise, if you can afford, Persona will be miles ahead in term of spaciousness, comfort and ride quality, even the body is much rigid than the other 2.
TSchuan30378
post May 4 2021, 11:45 PM

Getting Started
99 posts

QUOTE(amscouzach57 @ May 4 2021, 10:17 AM)
I'm an ex owner of Saga & current owner of Persona.

Test driven the Bezza before decided to purchase Persona.

Persona is essentially an upgrade from the Saga. Space, power, comfort, safety & driving dynamics.

Driving or sitting in a Bezza feels claustrophobic. & the car screams cheap even on the AV spec & that RM50k price tag.

The only saving grace is the fuel consumption. If you're doing Grab full time, Bezza is for you.

I heard thaT Persona MC2 is coming soon. Should be better than the current one.  Could be worth waiting if you're not in a hurry
Thx for the comment & info, yes, i also heard about that new Persona will be launching soon , but i asked the salesperson , they just said no idea about that, maybe worry everyone waiting for new look then hold the deal now dry.gif
TSchuan30378
post May 4 2021, 11:46 PM

Getting Started
99 posts

QUOTE(ShinHaruhi @ May 4 2021, 12:00 PM)
bezza if you want better experience for after sale service ,
saga/proton well you you know their after sale service not to good, hope can improve later
Proton sales service sucks since long time ago & i also hope can improve one day haha
TSchuan30378
post May 4 2021, 11:49 PM

Getting Started
99 posts

QUOTE(dogbert_chew @ May 4 2021, 12:05 PM)
Saga Premium 40K (excl the R3 cosmetics for 2K more) vs
Persona Std 45K

Saga has the 7" entertainment screen so includes rear parking camera. Daylight running lights .

Persona basically just 3cm longer but the chassis is one segment above hence stronger, more stable for highway speeds with a 1.6l engine for comfortable cruising

Depends on your needs and if you can appreciate the more robust Persona. Else Saga is fine with a higher fuel consumption vs Perodua models
Thx for the comment, im a person who not really like change car in 3-4 years time, now my wira 1.5 auto 2003 still using , so looking for more durable one with the acceptable price sweat.gif
TSchuan30378
post May 4 2021, 11:51 PM

Getting Started
99 posts

QUOTE(ru40342 @ May 4 2021, 01:38 PM)
Recommendations are great but you should go and test drive those cars yourself. For such a big spending (>40k), you should be the one making the decision, not others.

I was going to get a Bezza as a daily driver but after a test drive of both Bezza and Saga, I booked the Proton Saga straight away the same day.

Besides all the points mentioned above, I can add 1 more reason why I prefer Proton (Saga or Persona) than Bezza: driving feel.

It is hard to describe but driving Saga feels safer and more fun than a Bezza. I don't get the sense of fun when driving Bezza and it lacks character. Bezza is just a transportation tool to get me somewhere.

Saga (and Persona if you need more space and don't mind extra fc) feels more than just a transport. It has characters and can bring joy to me. Put it this way: I drive Bezza because I need to go somewhere. I drive Saga because i like to drive Saga.

Hope this helps.
Good points bro, i will do a test drive lately for sure , feeling of drive is important thumbsup.gif
TSchuan30378
post May 4 2021, 11:54 PM

Getting Started
99 posts

QUOTE(Stirmling @ May 4 2021, 05:29 PM)
I'd personally prefer Persona if budget isnt a concern
1.6L pickup is very nice to have on highways.
Persona Exec imo.

Am driving Saga now. Would've prefered to go for Persona honestly. Decision was made when I didnt think my side income would pick up more income. dry.gif
Saga feels good to drive at high speeds on highway but have to floor the pedal sometimes.
Hows the feeling for driving saga? will feel underpower ? i also think to buy persona but prefer the saga car outlook, nicer than persona indeed imo
TSchuan30378
post May 4 2021, 11:55 PM

Getting Started
99 posts

QUOTE(zero5177 @ May 4 2021, 05:32 PM)
If you want comfort for driver and passenger and drive quality that you would appreciate, go for Proton.

If you don't mind all only want a car with minimum running cost and Good resale value, go for Bezza.

Persona Vs Saga wise, if you can afford, Persona will be miles ahead in term of spaciousness, comfort and ride quality, even the body is much rigid than the other 2.
Thx bro the comment notworthy.gif
JoeK
post May 6 2021, 10:10 AM

Enthusiast
762 posts

wait a bit for the persona facelift to launch then only decide.

usually if got leaks, it means that it will be launched soon
roybreaker
post May 6 2021, 08:25 PM

Getting Started
111 posts

Persona is the best but fugly...So, I would go for Saga instead.
TSchuan30378
post May 6 2021, 10:51 PM

Getting Started
99 posts

QUOTE(JoeK @ May 6 2021, 10:10 AM)
wait a bit for the persona facelift to launch then only decide.

usually if got leaks, it means that it will be launched soon
Ya, there is a leak saying new model of Persona coming soon whistling.gif
TSchuan30378
post May 6 2021, 10:52 PM

Getting Started
99 posts

QUOTE(roybreaker @ May 6 2021, 08:25 PM)
Persona is the best but fugly...So, I would go for Saga instead.
Y say so "fugly" ?
roybreaker
post May 6 2021, 10:58 PM

Getting Started
111 posts

QUOTE(chuan30378 @ May 6 2021, 10:52 PM)
Y say so "fugly" ?
Personally, whenever I look at the Persona, it reminds me of bloated frog. The reason they did such design is to give more space for rear passengers.
furrybun
post May 6 2021, 11:31 PM

Getting Started
51 posts

QUOTE(roybreaker @ May 6 2021, 10:58 PM)
Personally, whenever I look at the Persona, it reminds me of bloated frog. The reason they did such design is to give more space for rear passengers.
No, the reason the design ended up like this is due to it being based on the Iriz which is a hatchback with a rising beltline towards the rear. So, to extend a boot beyond the C pillar with a tall beltline, the boot needs to be tall.

Hence the disproportionately large butt.

This post has been edited by furrybun: May 6 2021, 11:34 PM
roybreaker
post May 6 2021, 11:53 PM

Getting Started
111 posts

QUOTE(furrybun @ May 6 2021, 11:31 PM)
No, the reason the design ended up like this is due to it being based on the Iriz which is a hatchback with a rising beltline towards the rear. So, to extend a boot beyond the C pillar with a tall beltline, the boot needs to be tall.

Hence the disproportionately large butt.
Yes, this makes more sense.
littlefire
post May 7 2021, 11:21 AM

Enthusiast
805 posts

QUOTE(zero5177 @ May 4 2021, 06:32 PM)

Until today many still brainwash by Proton salesman that Persona/Iriz chassis is more better compare to Perodua Myvi..Asean NCAP for latest Myvi tell it is the more safer compare to Iriz even for crash test..

2017 Myvi

https://aseancap.org/v2/?p=3870

OFFSET FRONTAL TEST 14.79
SIDE IMPACT TEST 15.91

Proton IRIZ

https://aseancap.org/v2/?p=3553

OFFSET FRONTAL TEST 14.07
SIDE IMPACT TEST PASS

By looking at the Offset frontal test, latest Myvi already beat Iriz..
There is no official Persona crash test, but since Persona is still an extended version of Iriz so the safety should be similar to Iriz

This post has been edited by littlefire: May 7 2021, 12:14 PM
Quazacolt
post May 7 2021, 12:59 PM

Riding couple
4,285 posts

QUOTE(littlefire @ May 7 2021, 11:21 AM)
Until today many still brainwash by Proton salesman that Persona/Iriz chassis is more better compare to Perodua Myvi..Asean NCAP for latest Myvi tell it is the more safer compare to Iriz even for crash test..

I want to do a proper reply, but I think I'll just assume you P2 fanboy, easier
littlefire
post May 7 2021, 02:32 PM

Enthusiast
805 posts

QUOTE(Quazacolt @ May 7 2021, 01:59 PM)
I want to do a proper reply, but I think I'll just assume you P2 fanboy, easier
I look at facts from results like Asean NCAP. A lot manufacturer claim their chassis like very strong bla bla bla.. but when go for actual crash test.. doh.gif

Quazacolt
post May 7 2021, 03:05 PM

Riding couple
4,285 posts

QUOTE(littlefire @ May 7 2021, 02:32 PM)
I look at facts from results like Asean NCAP. A lot manufacturer claim their chassis like very strong bla bla bla.. but when go for actual crash test..  doh.gif
Have you opened the links you sent and properly compared both cars?

Watch the videos within those links that are also publicly available on YouTube?

And if you're having an open mind, look up real world post crash car conditions on Iriz and Myvi.
The video alone is enough hint even when the Asean NCAP only crashes at 64kph.
The higher the crash, the better advantage and chances the Iriz will have.

And that's after you crash.
If you're still willing to have an open mind, go find a location with BOTH Proton and Perodua SC side by side (Taman Kok Lian tesco there is one) , check both Iriz Myvi same tires (should be Goodyear assistance triple Max 2) that's also same sizes.

Feel free to do emergency braking from 60 kph to 0 kph on both cars on same stretch of road.

Facts and opinions/bias are 2 very different things.

=Edit=
Asean NCAP tests at 64kph not 40kph that I wrongly mentioned

This post has been edited by Quazacolt: May 7 2021, 03:26 PM
littlefire
post May 7 2021, 05:04 PM

Enthusiast
805 posts

QUOTE(Quazacolt @ May 7 2021, 04:05 PM)
Have you opened the links you sent and properly compared both cars?

Watch the videos within those links that are also publicly available on YouTube?

And if you're having an open mind, look up real world post crash car conditions on Iriz and Myvi.
The video alone is enough hint even when the Asean NCAP only crashes at 64kph.
The higher the crash, the better advantage and chances the Iriz will have.

And that's after you crash.
If you're still willing to have an open mind, go find a location with BOTH Proton and Perodua SC side by side (Taman Kok Lian tesco there is one) , check both Iriz Myvi same tires (should be Goodyear assistance triple Max 2) that's also same sizes.

Feel free to do emergency braking from 60 kph to 0 kph on both cars on same stretch of road.

Facts and opinions/bias are 2 very different things.

=Edit=
Asean NCAP tests at 64kph not 40kph that I wrongly mentioned
So your logic is 64kph Iriz did worse but at higher speed it can do better? Should it be around that at lower speed it should score higher if it got better chassis? Better to understand how Asean NCAP result is done.

I think wapcar got a list of the top 26 safetest car tested by Asean NCAP done during 2020. I think only X70 is above Perodua Myvi from Proton side.

https://www.wapcar.my/news/top-rank-what-ar...asean-ncap-7451
leon898
post May 7 2021, 05:16 PM

On my way
647 posts

QUOTE(roybreaker @ May 6 2021, 10:58 PM)
That is the curse if they use hatchback car as a basis....Honda city idsl, Mazda 2/fiesta also shared the same fate

8 Pages < 1 2 3 4 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0317sec    1.28    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 24th July 2021 - 11:26 PM