Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Unable to register for QQ messenger account ?

views

TSSotsotzaii
post May 2 2021, 10:14 AM, updated 3y ago

Look at all my stars!!
2,216 posts

I tried registering for a new QQ account using my phone number, it says my number is in a unsafe situation, ask me to try different number or try again tomorrow, tried 3 times still the same, anyone got any solution to this ? I need QQ messenger for work purposes and I can't seem to register for one. Or if anyone can help that would be nice.
RectangleX
post May 2 2021, 11:03 AM

On my way
642 posts

How to create a new QQ account outside of China
https://dnlod.com/how-to-create-a-new-qq-account/

TSSotsotzaii
post May 2 2021, 11:08 AM

Look at all my stars!!
2,216 posts

QUOTE(RectangleX @ May 2 2021, 11:03 AM)

It literally doesn't provide any information on how to get around the solution to phone number is in a not secure situation, it only tells you what kind of failed registration error you would get. My issue is that QQ is telling me my phone number is suspicious hence im unable to register.

RectangleX
post May 2 2021, 11:28 AM

On my way
642 posts

QUOTE(Sotsotzaii @ May 2 2021, 11:08 AM)
It literally doesn't provide any information on how to get around the solution to phone number is in a not secure situation, it only tells you what kind of failed registration error you would get. My issue is that QQ is telling me my phone number is suspicious hence im unable to register.
Would suggest you to contact QQ directly. We are not QQ support team here.

This post has been edited by RectangleX: May 2 2021, 12:13 PM
daisiesdontdoit92
post May 3 2021, 03:15 AM

On my way
574 posts

QQ are really picky about phone numbers I think because they must report a lot of info to China government.

I tried before too but could not get success because my foreign number also "suspicious." Best if you can use a mainland China phone number to start the account.

But maybe safer to not have the QQ messenger?
This isn’t the first time Tencent has spied on users for the Chinese government

Since last year, QQ messenger has lost 6% of its active users – possibly because users have already started distrusting QQ and Tencent. Over the years, similar revelations about Tencent’s anti-privacy and weak security practices have come out especially in regards to QQ products. Back in 2016, the University of Toronto’s CitizenLab revealed that Tencent’s QQ Browser regularly sent personal information back to Tencent unencrypted. Furthermore, it became known that this overt lack of encryption was likely explicitly requested by “higher powers.”
https://www.privateinternetaccess.com/blog/...h-qq-messenger/

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0170sec    0.40    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 06:33 AM