Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

How to work with influencers ?, Portrait shooting

views

TSSotsotzaii
post Apr 17 2021, 04:18 PM, updated 3y ago

Look at all my stars!!
2,217 posts

Hi guys, I'm a freelance portrait photographer, I'm looking for insta influencers to take pictures of and in return they would share my works on their page.

I've only worked with couples / individual ( mostly friends / friends of friends ), never really work with influencers before, and although I know to treat them as normal individual, but given their status, their exposure of stuff, so on and so forth, what are the things that I should be on the lookout during photo taking ? Would appreciate some helpful advice biggrin.gif
goldfries
post Apr 20 2021, 09:15 PM

40K Club
Group Icon
Forum Admin
44,409 posts

What can you offer them?
TSSotsotzaii
post Apr 21 2021, 12:03 AM

Look at all my stars!!
2,217 posts

QUOTE(goldfries @ Apr 20 2021, 09:15 PM)
What can you offer them?
Portraits of them, prior to meeting i would've had a discussion with them to make it clear what I can give them and if that's what they want, at the same time I would also tell them in return what I hope they can do for me, which in my case, is sharing my works ( of their portraits ) on social media to let myself be known to more people.
goldfries
post Apr 21 2021, 12:08 AM

40K Club
Group Icon
Forum Admin
44,409 posts

My take is that the high profile ones would already have their own people who photograph their style and all.

What you can do is to look out for upcoming ones and offer to photograph them.
nles
post Apr 21 2021, 03:28 PM

♥ It's not about the girl ♥ It's the G-Shock
2,097 posts

QUOTE(Sotsotzaii @ Apr 21 2021, 12:03 AM)
Portraits of them, prior to meeting i would've had a discussion with them to make it clear what I can give them and if that's what they want, at the same time I would also tell them in return what I hope they can do for me, which in my case, is sharing my works ( of their portraits ) on social media to let myself be known to more people.
You pay for what you get. If you're a well known photographer with millions of followers, then you look for influencer with millions of followers. If not you can compensate them in the form of money.

If you're only providing photos, how much value do you thing your works worth, then look for influencer with the same level and negotiate with them. It's about negotiation skills, or connection if you have influencer friends. Your portfolio plays a big part too, if you're photo attracts them, they might do it.

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0129sec    0.37    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 07:02 PM