Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

would you join a startup company?

views

DuFfz
post Apr 21 2021, 06:55 PM

Casual
424 posts

QUOTE(JimK @ Apr 21 2021, 10:16 AM)
the startup boss all very arrogant. They always think that they can form the startup themselves and you need to sell your blood and sweat if they hire you. If they can, why can't you?
That is why they are the boss and having that kind of attitude. Just look at how Steve jobs tricked his good friend Steve Wozniak.
Being the boss is not for everyone.
If they succeed, it will be big. If they fail, they will fail big also. A lot of risk.
Personally I've never see any soft boss. The soft ones normally already got old & they are a monster in their younger years.

This post has been edited by DuFfz: Apr 21 2021, 06:57 PM
kawa_e
post Apr 22 2021, 07:47 PM

Casual
317 posts

Joined a startup back in 2017. Before I joined the company has been around for 2 years. Tourism industry. At first okay and the company grew from 2 staff to 5 staff including me. Then later the first staff resigned due to low pay and second and third followed. Back to 2 staff only excluding the boss. Now its even more bleak looking becoz of covid. Company has been deducting salary for close to a year now. I'm struggling financially because my savings are drying up. I don't know how this company will last bcoz the growth is stagnant and there is ntg to do much to do and learn. I wasted 3 years here. I can say my resume is useless now.

This is my biggest and stupid mistake which I regretted so much hence I'm not advising but. just sharing my story. I know most of you here are smarter than me therefore able to sense red flag such as this.

This post has been edited by kawa_e: Apr 22 2021, 07:50 PM
malleus
post Apr 22 2021, 09:38 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,096 posts

QUOTE(DuFfz @ Apr 21 2021, 06:55 PM)
That is why they are the boss and having that kind of attitude. Just look at how Steve jobs tricked his good friend Steve Wozniak.
Being the boss is not for everyone.
If they succeed, it will be big. If they fail, they will fail big also. A lot of risk.
Personally I've never see any soft boss. The soft ones normally already got old & they are a monster in their younger years.
Food for thought. An extremely high percentage of those who tried to model themselves after Steve Jobs ended up failing. It's one thing to try acting like Jobs, but it's a totally different thing to be able to pull off stunts like Jobs can.
DuFfz
post Apr 23 2021, 06:35 AM

Casual
424 posts

QUOTE(malleus @ Apr 22 2021, 09:38 PM)
Food for thought. An extremely high percentage of those who tried to model themselves after Steve Jobs ended up failing. It's one thing to try acting like Jobs, but it's a totally different thing to be able to pull off stunts like Jobs can.
Like i mention, if they succeeded, it will be big & if fail, it will be big time also.
Takes a lot of risk being on the forefront of everything, thus we cannot judge why they have such 'rock' like attitude.
vape_mod_pod
post Apr 23 2021, 07:18 AM

31 posts

QUOTE(gundamsp01 @ Apr 14 2021, 01:33 PM)
If there is a startup company (system vendor) offers you a pay that you can't resist (for my case it is a raise of more than 50%, albeit the company doesn't give bonus though).
The company is a foreign startup (setup for a few years, not more than 10 years) with branches setup in US, UK, SG, and now in MY, raised more than $30million+ funding at hand.

I have few concern that made me hesitate to take the offer, but some others that i think i need to make this move to grow.
1) Job security, i am in a bank currently, and with this move, i will be at vendor side, startup company, which may be less secure than a bank.
2) Very good pay raise, which i think i can't achieve at my current position in the bank at a short time
3) A chance to leave the comfort zone and challenge and grow my knowledge and skill (ie: same title but with larger responsibilities)
4) I have mortgage and parents responsibilities 

Should i take the offer? Or if anyone who join a startup can share their experience working in a startup?
bang jus stay

sekrang economy pun down je

company ni semua bagi je janji sweet2

bila sudah join

nanti u cry

rclxm9.gif rclxm9.gif rclxm9.gif

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0128sec    0.66    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 04:46 PM