Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Is inspira a good buy in 2021?

views

TSfreakenstein
post Apr 14 2021, 11:44 AM, updated 3y ago

Look at all my stars!!
2,231 posts

Been surveying for a few months here and there online. It'll be my first car and I just need a car to go around safely, so no axia please. Primarily because they both cost roughly the same but yes I do know maintenance wise inspira will be a lot more. But that's the price for a larger and safer car albeit inspira doesn't come with ESC.

Anything that I should look out for?

I'm also contemplating a new saga or a persona/iriz if I'm willing to waste so much on a car. But the inner me still prefer an inspira as it looks good, drives good and probably will cost me lesser upfront? Any ideas?
nebula87
post Apr 14 2021, 11:45 AM

Fg = mg
1,308 posts

What's your budget?

Sedan/SUV/Hatchback?
TSfreakenstein
post Apr 14 2021, 11:47 AM

Look at all my stars!!
2,231 posts

QUOTE(nebula87 @ Apr 14 2021, 11:45 AM)
What's your budget?

Sedan/SUV/Hatchback?
30-40k sedan preferably but can consider hatchback. Will be taking loan though if that's still possible, with a 10-20k-ish down-payment.

This post has been edited by freakenstein: Apr 14 2021, 11:49 AM
lakini80
post Apr 14 2021, 11:49 AM

Casual
323 posts

QUOTE(freakenstein @ Apr 14 2021, 11:44 AM)
Been surveying for a few months here and there online. It'll be my first car and I just need a car to go around safely, so no axia please. Primarily because they both cost roughly the same but yes I do know maintenance wise inspira will be a lot more. But that's the price for a larger and safer car albeit inspira doesn't come with ESC.

Anything that I should look out for?

I'm also contemplating a new saga or a persona/iriz if I'm willing to waste so much on a car. But the inner me still prefer an inspira as it looks good, drives good and probably will cost me lesser upfront? Any ideas?
GO for Kia FORTE or Proton PREVE....
Value for money...
zero5177
post Apr 14 2021, 11:50 AM

Sixth Sense Unlocked
1,357 posts

Persona & Iriz for the ESC + Sturdy HPF structure.

+ it's a new car

But if you really Value Inspira appearance and being a C-segment, you may go for it.

Ride Quality I wouldn't want to comment because Inspira is subject to wear & tear of 5 years+ the Wear & Tear part can affect your driving experience.

This post has been edited by zero5177: Apr 14 2021, 11:51 AM
mffa
post Apr 14 2021, 11:51 AM

Casual
374 posts

active safety system is way more important than passive safety system.

So, please find car with stability control. its 2021 already and many car even 2nd hand one got this features.
johnsdoes
post Apr 14 2021, 11:57 AM

Getting Started
257 posts

QUOTE(freakenstein @ Apr 14 2021, 11:47 AM)
30-40k sedan preferably but can consider hatchback. Will be taking loan though if that's still possible, with a 10-20k-ish down-payment.
why not Kia forte ?
preve is OK too, but you'll hate the CVT jerking
or, Just go with new persona, simply,Its new

This post has been edited by johnsdoes: Apr 14 2021, 11:58 AM
nebula87
post Apr 14 2021, 12:01 PM

Fg = mg
1,308 posts

I see you focus more onto driving experience.
For new car ranging RM40-50k, you can't get any best driving experience from that price range.
Those car could just from point to point usage but with added safety features.

Inspira is actually based on a 07' 08' car. So no safety features like those road assist thingy.
Is Inspira giving you a good driving experience? I would say it's so-so unless you modify it.

So I think Myvi would be the best choice for you.
littlefire
post Apr 14 2021, 12:28 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,146 posts

Try to search for Lancer Hatchback not the normal sedan, if not mistaken it is fully loaded with all the safety features with VSC as it is fully import from Japan.
JZenith
post Apr 14 2021, 02:51 PM

Look at my stars. owai
697 posts

inspira on paper it is a good car but does it suits what you want as a daily.
car is big, that means heavy fc. do you really need / want a big car?
wear and tear parts. one whole new set of suspension costs ALOT especially for protons.

topup abit to get the 6speed kia k3, way better looking interior (for me) and alot more tech and safety features. but also original kia parts is way more expensive than proton.

anyway hope you get a car you like. driving a car that you like to work really changes your morning.
vyseus
post Apr 14 2021, 02:54 PM

Getting Started
128 posts

Have you consider preve non turbo? with latest tune, CVT lag almost gone. Reason is safety wise quite good and the space in the car.

Mr Mercedes
post Apr 14 2021, 02:59 PM

Casual
392 posts

It really depends on the price, condition, spec, and year of make.

I personally would not pay more than RM25k OTR for a 2011 1.8 Manual.
jibpek
post Apr 14 2021, 03:03 PM

On my way
645 posts

Nooooo...... mapren inpira serbis aircon need to take out the whole dashboard.

Gila design
FrogBlob
post Apr 14 2021, 05:20 PM

Casual
313 posts

Around 40k looking at used,
2016 Honda City, 2016 Suzuki Swift?
If you can increase your budget by a few Ks, maybe look at the second gen Perdanas.

Look around the Fast and Furious section, specifically this thread, alot of suggestions. Happy hunting, TS.

This post has been edited by FrogBlob: Apr 14 2021, 05:22 PM
dogbert_chew
post Apr 14 2021, 06:35 PM

Regular
1,126 posts

Agree with Frog suggestion to consider other makes and models eg City, Swift.

However lets just compare below
A. 10 year old Inspira
Purchase 30K
First repair 2-4K
Mods 0-4K
Subsequent Repairs 2-4K/ year
Maintenance 2-4K/year
Running cost depends on usage but higher 1.8/2.0l engine

B. New Iriz
Purchase 40K
First repair 0K
Mods 0-2K
Subsequent repairs 0K (under 5 yr warranty)
Servicing 2K/year
Running cost lower 1.3l engine smaller tyres

Iriz ride is quite good and only exceeded by a well tuned Inspira at the upper limits. It has however stability control and other safety systems that are brand new.
TSfreakenstein
post Apr 14 2021, 07:49 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,231 posts

QUOTE(johnsdoes @ Apr 14 2021, 11:57 AM)
why not Kia forte ?
preve is OK too, but you'll hate the CVT jerking
or, Just go with new persona, simply,Its new
Preve to me looks nice but the reliability of it is such a turn off.

QUOTE(nebula87 @ Apr 14 2021, 12:01 PM)
I see you focus more onto driving experience.
For new car ranging RM40-50k, you can't get any best driving experience from that price range.
Those car could just from point to point usage but with added safety features.

Inspira is actually based on a 07' 08' car. So no safety features like those road assist thingy.
Is Inspira giving you a good driving experience? I would say it's so-so unless you modify it.

So I think Myvi would be the best choice for you.
Isn't Myvi considered a downgrade in terms of ride and handling? Yes the active safety features sure is impressive but I prefer something more structurally rigid and better ride.

QUOTE(JZenith @ Apr 14 2021, 02:51 PM)
inspira on paper it is a good car but does it suits what you want as a daily.
car is big, that means heavy fc. do you really need / want a big car?
wear and tear parts. one whole new set of suspension costs ALOT especially for protons.

topup abit to get the 6speed kia k3, way better looking interior (for me) and alot more tech and safety features. but also original kia parts is way more expensive than proton.

anyway hope you get a car you like. driving a car that you like to work really changes your morning.
Thats a good choice as well. I really like the back design of it and safety features of it. If it drives as good as an inspira, will consider.

QUOTE(jibpek @ Apr 14 2021, 03:03 PM)
Nooooo...... mapren inpira serbis aircon need to take out the whole dashboard.

Gila design
Gila, macam ini dashboard rattling will happen sooner or later?
Quazacolt
post Apr 14 2021, 10:32 PM

Riding couple
5,216 posts

what transmission you want? what budget? is it strict budget? do you prefer to mod or don't need to mod also ok?
dylan_chng
post Apr 15 2021, 04:11 PM

On my way
658 posts

Inspira middle rear passenger only gets 2 point seatbelt, not 3 point.
tc167
post Apr 15 2021, 05:09 PM

43 posts

I just bought one, have been looking around one with good condition. If you intrested i can pm u my survey.
Jason
post Apr 15 2021, 05:21 PM

Look at all my stars!!
5,846 posts

Honest opinion, comparing stock car pls don't talk about mod.

1. The car NVH sucks. It is on par with first gen Myvi if not worse. I think it is worse. The tyre well amplifies the tyre noise.

2. The car handles very well for its class for that model year. I am positive the Iriz probably handles better, but even to this day, compared to a BMW 3 series, it handles OK. I won't complain about it. Handles way better than a Myvi.

3. Fuel consumption, typical 2L engine, more than Myvi obviously.

4. No problems. The car really is trouble free, since 2012. Other than service, nothing else wrong with the car. Well the paint is peeling because the driver only drive it not wash it. Champion really don't wash the car.

5. The CVT is depressing to drive, but I hate CVT in general. It is better than the punch with its stupid whine, but that rubber band effect is there. If you drive to go point A to B, and don't bother about POWER, it won't bother to you. If you pedal to the metal a lot its a kill joy.

6. Driver position is good. Visibility is good.

I would not choose a Preve over this.

In the same budget, sedan, your options are the 408. I am certain the Peugeot will be better in NVH, but there are many problems with Peugeot cars, better to do your own due diligence. And then there's the Renault Fluence, which is just a Nissan Sylphy underneath. If you are going for French, I will go for the Fluence because of the Nissan under pinnings.

Fluence is also 2L, CVT. Maybe go view in person and see what you like.

2 Pages  1 2 >Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0242sec    0.19    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 05:40 AM