Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

pelajar sekolah kebangsaan dapat masuk harvard, 2 saja yang dapat

views

klch87
post Apr 14 2021, 02:54 PM

Enthusiast
773 posts

QUOTE(trojandude @ Apr 14 2021, 02:20 PM)
I'm not downgrading SJK or SK. I myself went to SK.

Also to be fair I supposed you're born in 1984. That's pretty different compared to now.

International schools are for more popular now.
I also come from sk. Maybe its considered an elite sk in my hometown.

After form 5, rich & smart students end up studying overseas. Those smart & not rich stayed back for form 6.

In form 6 science stream, almost 1/3 ended up in NUS and NTU. Some exceptionally smart went to US.

Though we are elite school but still sjk schools are better academically. I notice that same trend occur in penang, ipoh and seremban. I dont have many friends from kl or melaka so i cant make that comment.

But that was many years ago. Not sure if the same trend continues until now.
blanket84
post Apr 14 2021, 02:57 PM

Regular
1,499 posts

QUOTE(9m2w @ Apr 14 2021, 02:44 PM)
Ah I see

So when Alam Shah moved, SM Sain took over the spot ?

Still Alam Shah was a pretty good school back in my time in the 90s. Yes infamous but mostly stories we hear, they in KL we in PJ, we dont "compete" haha

You an alumni? If yes figured out your infamous senior yet?
I googled the history of Sekolah Menengah Sains Alam Shah, because as I recall, there was no "Sains" in SAS. So, it turned out that it's a new school that was established in the original location of SAS using a similar name.

I think plenty of famous people graduated from SAS, but it is just that they don't brag much about their Alumni like MCOBA. So, I am not sure who is the senior you're refering to.

But then, I am not an Alumni of SAS, I was from a less famous SBP.

This post has been edited by blanket84: Apr 14 2021, 02:58 PM
moodswingfella
post Apr 14 2021, 02:58 PM

Casual
364 posts

QUOTE(klch87 @ Apr 14 2021, 01:39 PM)
Clearly both of them got into harvard after completing their A levels in their respective colleges.

What that has to do with sk vs sjk?

If sk produces more mediocre students and 2 got into harvard that doesnt merit sk as good education platform. That 2 is simply an outlier.
QUOTE(James Moriarty @ Apr 14 2021, 01:59 PM)
Let us just be happy for them for a second there, that they are able to proceed their next phase of life in a prestigious education institute.

Which school they are from is not really that important, although i know specific quarters are eager to utilize that as a platform to propel their self-worth and dignity.

Each of us seek what we lack in life - and if that's what they seek, i reckon we should jst be happy for them.
Ktard biasa la, semua gelabah mau claim plotek. Macam budak2 baru nak up je perangai.
trojandude
post Apr 14 2021, 03:00 PM

Getting Started
110 posts

QUOTE(klch87 @ Apr 14 2021, 02:54 PM)
I also come from sk. Maybe its considered an elite sk in my hometown.

After form 5, rich & smart students end up studying overseas. Those smart & not rich stayed back for form 6.

In form 6 science stream, almost 1/3 ended up in NUS and NTU. Some exceptionally smart went to US.

Though we are elite school but still sjk schools are better academically. I notice that same trend occur in penang, ipoh and seremban. I dont have many friends from kl or melaka so i cant make that comment.

But that was many years ago. Not sure if the same trend continues until now.
I only have anecdotal experiences but I have a feeling it's statistically true. A good portion of them that I know did SJK but switched to international school later on. It's quite a noticeable trend. I think it's mainly Chinese parents wanting their kids to get some basic Mandarin education.

I did my undergrad in USC and grad school in Columbia. Most Malaysians that I met in the US, those that attended top schools (Ivy Leagues, Berkeley, etc) are mostly from private international schools.

I also noticed similar friends and mutual friends that end up in Imperial, Oxbridge, LSE tend to be from private international schools too.

To be fair you can argue they are rich so they can afford to attend. But I'm gonna say most of the smarties have ended up in private schools, not national schools anymore.

This post has been edited by trojandude: Apr 14 2021, 03:02 PM
blanket84
post Apr 14 2021, 03:00 PM

Regular
1,499 posts

QUOTE(jibpek @ Apr 14 2021, 02:48 PM)
ok lah, now sk and orenkito gooding already, can remove tongkat or not?
Why not? For me tongkat make the lazy students remain lazy hence there is a huge gap between "elite" SK and normal SK.
leftycall9
post Apr 14 2021, 03:06 PM

Regular
1,035 posts

Congrats.
Strike
post Apr 14 2021, 03:08 PM

Getting Started
51 posts

thanks madey+anwar for sjk laugh.gif
9m2w
post Apr 14 2021, 03:10 PM

Victoria Concordia Crescit
1,021 posts

QUOTE(blanket84 @ Apr 14 2021, 02:57 PM)
I googled the history of Sekolah Menengah Sains Alam Shah, because as I recall, there was no "Sains" in SAS. So, it turned out that it's a new school that was established in the original location of SAS using a similar name.

I think plenty of famous people graduated from SAS, but it is just that they don't brag much about their Alumni like MCOBA. So, I am not sure who is the senior you're refering to.

But then, I am not an Alumni of SAS, I was from a less famous SBP.
Ah I see makes sense

Ok the guy I was referring to was Buzze Adam, that lawyer

Pre GE 14 he was interviewed and he said he was disappointed he couldnt get a rematch with Rafizi in Pandan where he was contesting. It seem they had a rivalry from his SAS and Rafizis MCKK days as debaters. Funny fella that Buzze. Seriously all these debaters grow up to be kudas haha

This post has been edited by 9m2w: Apr 14 2021, 03:10 PM
SUSlijor the great
post Apr 14 2021, 03:12 PM

Casual
356 posts

QUOTE(9m2w @ Apr 14 2021, 02:44 PM)
Ah I see

So when Alam Shah moved, SM Sain took over the spot ?

Still Alam Shah was a pretty good school back in my time in the 90s. Yes infamous but mostly stories we hear, they in KL we in PJ, we dont "compete" haha

You an alumni? If yes figured out your infamous senior yet?
What story? Why infamous? Give link?
9m2w
post Apr 14 2021, 03:15 PM

1,021 posts

QUOTE(lijor the great @ Apr 14 2021, 03:12 PM)
What story? Why infamous? Give link?
As above

Pre GE 14 he was interviewed and he said he was disappointed he couldnt get a rematch with Rafizi in Pandan where he was contesting. It seem they had a rivalry from his SAS and Rafizis MCKK days as debaters. Funny fella that Buzze. Seriously all these debaters grow up to be kudas haha

He says he was an SAS boy. If he was a scout I might have bumped into him as KL schools join in Selangor state level jamborees etc, he was only 1 year my senior hahah
SUSMondello
post Apr 14 2021, 03:19 PM

Getting Started
74 posts

1 is legit...1 is cable to fit in

biasala
blanket84
post Apr 14 2021, 03:24 PM

Regular
1,499 posts

QUOTE(9m2w @ Apr 14 2021, 03:10 PM)
Ah  I see makes sense

I googled. He was from Sains Selangor, not Alam Shah.

Probably met Rafizi during Piala Perdana Menteri, an annual debate competition among SBPs.
butterkijen
post Apr 14 2021, 03:24 PM

Getting Started
196 posts

awh good for them and the description says that Hamdi doesn't come from a well off family and had to work several jobs, mad respect to him if that's true
9m2w
post Apr 14 2021, 03:29 PM

1,021 posts

QUOTE(blanket84 @ Apr 14 2021, 03:24 PM)
I googled. He was from Sains Selangor, not Alam Shah.

Probably met Rafizi during Piala Perdana Menteri, an annual debate competition among SBPs.
Hey youre right and haha Buzze got a wiki

But i recall he mentioned SAS in his interview with BFM.

Sains Selangor...also not bad another boarding school.
KineticKill
post Apr 14 2021, 03:44 PM

44 posts

QUOTE(agewisdom @ Apr 14 2021, 04:58 AM)
Dun worry, he is.
Oh ageretard is here

Bought my meds already or not? biggrin.gif

This post has been edited by KineticKill: Apr 14 2021, 03:45 PM
keyibukeyi
post Apr 14 2021, 04:07 PM

Getting Started
147 posts

maciam latuk give 4d, sure got 1 number can beat the odds
J1g54w
post Apr 14 2021, 04:10 PM

Regular