Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Mass Covid-19 vaccine centres aren’t practical

views

TSJustin.Loong
post Apr 13 2021, 09:09 AM, updated 3y ago

Look at all my stars!!
5,266 posts

user posted image
The DAP assemblyman for Bukit Gasing, Rajiv Rishyakaran, has urged the government to reconsider its decision to push for “super large” Covid-19 vaccination centres.

Rajiv said the minister in charge of the matter, Khairy Jamaluddin, should instead focus on bringing Covid-19 vaccines to the people in a more convenient manner.
“Establishing one mega vaccination centre will be inconvenient specifically for the bottom 40 (B40) group without their own transport.
“If mega vaccination centres are set up, even assuming one in each district or state, then there will be a lot of travelling for this group.

user posted image

“This is especially harder in states where public transport is not an option like it is in the Klang Valley, this may result in highly burdening them with expensive travelling fees,” he said in a statement today.

His comments come after Khairy, who is the minister of science, technology and innovation, announced that the government intended to establish mega vaccination centres during the third phase of the national Covid-19 vaccination programme.

Rajiv suggested that Khairy should be aiming to set up more centres on a smaller scale almost equidistantly so that, on average, everyone would travel the same distance to receive their Covid-19 shots.
“Setting up many small centres would also satisfy the objective of vaccinating more people while ensuring social distancing is in place without straining the people,” he added.

He also pointed out that mega vaccination centres would also require a lot of walking between the arrival and vaccination points.
“It is apparent when I went to receive my shot in the Sunway Convention Centre, from where I had parked my car to where I eventually received my shot.
“This would be a huge hassle to senior citizens and the differently abled community with mobility difficulties,” he said.

At the same time, Rajiv said the decision to rent fancy convention centres to accommodate such large-scale vaccination plans would be a poor use of resources.
“Using government resources to rent these expensive locations instead of using already existing government buildings like the halls that belong to local councils (or) the local klinik kesihatan, raises a question of how much the ministry is paying attention to how they are spending the taxpayer’s money,” he said.
Source: Mass Covid-19 vaccine centres aren’t practical, says Selangor assemblyman
SUSCmyong88
post Apr 13 2021, 09:18 AM

Enthusiast
974 posts

It should be done at local klinik kesihatan. They are already strategically placed to service the people. Gazette a period of time to administer the vaccine while moving urgent cases/scheduled visit to hospital
Avangelice
post Apr 13 2021, 09:32 AM

In Absolute Control
4,863 posts

Follow the UK. They mobilized their medical division of the armed forces & Health care thus able to vaccinate many of their people
TSJustin.Loong
post Apr 13 2021, 03:55 PM

Look at all my stars!!
5,266 posts

QUOTE(Cmyong88 @ Apr 13 2021, 09:18 AM)
It should be done at local klinik kesihatan. They are already strategically placed to service the people. Gazette a period of time to administer the vaccine while moving urgent cases/scheduled visit to hospital
+1 with you! nod.gif nod.gif
What Rajiv said also made sense. The government already has the ready facilities (buildings) so why not just use it as those buildings are strategically placed in villages / neighborhoods that are convenient to the people.
Ewww!
post Apr 23 2021, 11:58 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,010 posts

QUOTE(Cmyong88 @ Apr 13 2021, 09:18 AM)
Yes, this. I wholeheartedly agree with you, man.
9m2w
post Apr 24 2021, 12:08 AM

Victoria Concordia Crescit
1,021 posts

Unless storage is an issue what this macha says makes sense

dayojah
post Apr 24 2021, 06:03 AM

Regular
1,268 posts

You can store vaccine at places like GH Kl and move stock several times a day to the centres.
The centres have to be accessible, on public transport routes and with big car parking, so stadiums and dewans make far more sense than already busy and high risk hospitals
Heroicage
post Apr 24 2021, 07:41 AM

Getting Started
246 posts

lazy to organize, and the not like it is mRNA that requires separate containers to freeze it below -70C....

these AZ, sino...does not require mRNA freezers , so...it makes more sense...

Roman Catholic
post Apr 24 2021, 08:44 AM

Look at all my stars!!
3,030 posts

Bangang betul nak buka mass vaccination centres.
ivanau88
post Apr 25 2021, 12:52 AM

Look at all my stars!!
Group Icon
Elite
3,777 posts

If you want to speed up the program with sufficient vaccine in stock, why not?

UAE did that and some of the vac center are just beside their PCR center when the public were asked to do PCR for close contact
ahter
post Apr 25 2021, 01:14 AM

Getting Started
250 posts

Small centre is good but will need more resources. Thats why private public collab is very important. Govt cant do everything on its own.

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0138sec    0.41    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 09:52 PM