- 333 PS
- 107.8 kWh battery
- 782 km EV range
- RM699k onwards

OrangeGrove
post Jul 22 2022, 11:42 AM

On my way
603 posts

QUOTE(Lone Wolf X @ Jul 22 2022, 11:28 AM)
2022 Mercedes-Benz EQS450+ AMG Line in Malaysia –
- 333 PS
- 107.8 kWh battery
- 782 km EV range
- RM699k onwards

Want to buy EV but people want more range.
More range means add more batteries
Add more batteries means add more weight
Add more weight means need more energy to carry the additional weight
more additional weight means need more energy to carry the battery and add more bigger battery.

More energy and CO2 emission during the production of more batteries.

Padahal, we are only driving less than 100km per day most of the time. And carrying additional weight that we dont need which is using extra energy to carry the extra weight around.

Yea.... EV can save the environment..
TSLone Wolf X
post Jul 22 2022, 12:49 PM

On my way
629 posts

Sustainability in production

Compared to 2020, Mercedes-Benz is pursuing the goal of at least halving CO₂ emissions per passenger car over the entire life cycle by the end of this decade. The most important levers for this are the electrification of the vehicle fleet, charging with green electricity, the improvement of battery technology and the comprehensive use of recycled materials including batteries and renewable energies in production.

Mercedes-Benz has been producing CO2-neutral in all of its own plants worldwide since this year and has also been purchasing electricity in Germany that comes exclusively from renewable sources (CO2-free) since this year. A green electricity supply contract ensures the purchase of electricity from renewable energies at all times.

QUOTE(OrangeGrove @ Jul 22 2022, 11:42 AM)
Want to buy EV but people want more range.
More range means add more batteries
Add more batteries means add more weight
Add more weight means need more energy to carry the additional weight
more additional weight means need more energy to carry the battery and add more bigger battery.

More energy and CO2 emission during the production of more batteries.

Padahal, we are only driving less than 100km per day most of the time. And carrying additional weight that we dont need which is using extra energy to carry the extra weight around.

Yea.... EV can save the environment..
OrangeGrove
post Jul 22 2022, 01:41 PM

On my way
603 posts

QUOTE(Lone Wolf X @ Jul 22 2022, 12:49 PM)

Compared to 2020, Mercedes-Benz is pursuing the goal of at least halving CO₂ emissions per passenger car over the entire life cycle by the end of this decade. The most important levers for this are the electrification of the vehicle fleet, charging with green electricity, the improvement of battery technology and the comprehensive use of recycled materials including batteries and renewable energies in production.

Mercedes-Benz has been producing CO2-neutral in all of its own plants worldwide since this year and has also been purchasing electricity in Germany that comes exclusively from renewable sources (CO2-free) since this year. A green electricity supply contract ensures the purchase of electricity from renewable energies at all times.

It is just marketing.. which car maker is not talking about sustainability..

Luxury auto makers are the last people to be considered as environmental friendly people.. look at the abundance of materials to build their cars, the amount of chips, rare earth materials, how many screen do you really need, how many cows were breed and killed, how many batteries that are hogging to build just one car for one rich owner who can afford it..

This kind of marketing is just brand washing to make their image look good..

Top 10% elites in the world consume 30% to 50% of the total resources that the world consume..

Welcome to capitalism..

This post has been edited by OrangeGrove: Jul 22 2022, 02:30 PM
constant_weight
post Jul 22 2022, 03:01 PM

Enthusiast
856 posts

QUOTE(Lone Wolf X @ Jul 22 2022, 12:49 PM)

To me, I just want a fast and cool car. Polestar O2 or 718 GT4e, those gotta be the new era where we get pure sport EV.

Government is not helping. The EV roadtax policy sucks, it discriminate well designed car with descent power. We only get temporary exempted now, the road tax will be back 2025. Then expect XC40 to pay 5k road tax given 408hp/304kw?

Temporary exemption do not promote long term market grow, we need a stable policy for long term.

If the objective is to protect the environment, just remove fuel subsidies + introduce carbon tax to all fuel sources.
Petrol, diesel, natural gas, and EV supercharger, yes EV supercharger included. Then eliminate all road tax.

High power car generally comes with big battery or big capacity ICE, naturally pay more tax per same distance travelled. Comsumption based pay per use tax is most fair type of tax.

Make ownership cheap, but make driving painfully expensive. Then people will think twice before doing ultra short commute to 50-100m. Also encourage use of public transport, force some amount of vehicles off roads.

OrangeGrove
post Jul 22 2022, 11:28 PM

On my way
603 posts

user posted image

Whatever CO2 that it try to save, just being released to the air..
Combustion from lithium ion batteries is no joke and more than 10 times harder to put off than petrol.

Hope for Jimmy's speedy recovery.. 🙏
EnergyAnalyst
post Jul 23 2022, 08:14 AM

Look at all my stars!!
3,277 posts

QUOTE(OrangeGrove @ Jul 22 2022, 11:28 PM)
user posted image

Combustion from lithium ion batteries is no joke and more than 10 times harder to put off than petrol.

That is probably why Toyota is holding tight to their solid battery patterns
TSLone Wolf X
post Jul 24 2022, 08:30 AM

On my way
629 posts

Good thing ther is no report of the EQS burning, but I'm sure those german engineers have design & built a safe car in a crash event.

QUOTE(OrangeGrove @ Jul 22 2022, 11:28 PM)
user posted image

TSLone Wolf X
post Jul 26 2022, 04:46 PM

On my way
629 posts

The EQS also comes with a 10-year/250,000-km warranty for its EV battery — this is following Mercedes-Benz’s global warranty standard – which is the highest among all EVs currently sold in Malaysia that typically maxes out at five years/160,000 km. Even after that period, the assurance is the 107.8-kWh lithium-ion battery will still be able to hold a 70% charge.

TSLone Wolf X
post Jul 26 2022, 06:28 PM

On my way
629 posts

You can charge at Mercedes Benz DC charger for free until next year.

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0181sec    0.44    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 03:35 PM