Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Photography PSA: Sony extended warranty for cameras & lenses, Must buy products from AUTHORIZED DEALER

views

TSnoname83
post Apr 9 2021, 05:34 PM, updated 3y ago

Getting Started
168 posts

For those who are unaware, if you bought a new Sony camera or lens, you can actually buy "extended warranty" from Sony Malaysia.

Sony Malaysia offers "1+1" and "1+2" packages. You may refer to this link for the prices.

HOWEVER, you must make sure you buy the Sony camera or lens from AUTHORIZED DEALER before buying the extended warranty from Sony Malaysia. Also, you need to buy the extended warranty within 14 days from the date of purchase.

Before transferring your hard-earned money to Sony Malaysia, you MUST check with the customer service personnel from Sony Malaysia whether the dealer you bought the camera/lens from is AUTHORIZED or not.

My somewhat "bad" experience:
I bought a Sony camera online and requested to purchase the extended warranty. The customer service personnel happily guided me through the whole process and I transfer the money (for buying extended warranty) to Sony Malaysia.

I subsequently bought a Sony lens and again requested to purchase the extended warranty. This time around, another customer service personnel refuse to let me buy the extended warranty because I bought the lens from NON-AUTHORIZED DEALER.

However, I bought the camera and lens from the SAME DEALER.

It turned out that the first customer service personnel did not tell me about the "AUTHORIZED DEALER" thingy and never double-checked on it.

As a result, I needed to email them a copy of my I.C. and letterhead of my bank statement for them to refund the money to me, where I need to wait for 2 WEEKS to 1 MONTH to get the refund.

NONETHELESS, if the camera/lens you bought is officially brought in by Sony Malaysia (i.e. not grey import set), then you still get to enjoy the standard 1-year warranty (extra 3-month warranty if you register the camera/lens on Sony Malaysia website).

This post has been edited by noname83: Apr 9 2021, 05:50 PM
Deskihaoz
post Jun 8 2021, 11:36 AM

Getting Started
61 posts

Hi...I oso encountered problem which I bought a Sony camera and I cant register the warranty with the S/N provided by seller...But the seller is famous and quite reputable for selling camera equipment~

How can we checked or can we actually verify if the seller is Authorized Dealer or not?
powerwoot
post Jun 14 2021, 10:53 PM

讨厌的 ubuntu
2,922 posts

I am thinking to buy the A6400 and most probably with sigma lense from Altechcamera via Shopee, and I wonder of this company is carrying authorized seller from Sony.

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0132sec    0.06    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 05:12 AM