Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Which Butter Brands For Flavourful Buns & Cakes

views

TSryder_78
post Apr 9 2021, 04:43 PM, updated 3y ago

Regular
1,558 posts

Would like to seek experience from people who tried many brands of butter. Which brand of butter is more flavourful for baking breads, buns and cakes? Or purely to be eaten on its own when used as butter spread on breads. Salted or Unsalted.

I have previously tried SCS, Emborg and most recently Tatura due to the cheaper price found in supermarkets. During my last trip to the supermarket, I bought 4 to 5 pieces of butter due to the lower price when compared to other brands. Unfortunately, what I find is the taste of butter when using Tatura to bake buns and breads is rather mild. In other words there is not much butter taste when using Tatura butter to bake buns. It's like margarine taste instead of butter taste.

For this reason I'm going to pick another brand of butter soon. Please share which butter is more flavourful or taste great when used on its own or for baking buns and cakes? Preferably the common brands which can be found in supermarkets. I'm not sure if other brands will also taste almost the same as this Tatura, suspecting that Tatura is poor when other brands will also taste more or less the same.

If there are more premium brands which taste even better, please recommend.

I would appreciate some input.

This post has been edited by ryder_78: Apr 9 2021, 04:46 PM
zuozi
post Apr 9 2021, 04:54 PM

Enthusiast
881 posts

Depends personal taste like my self more prefer lurpak aeon supermarket can be found to me better than emborg maybe lurpak got mix with rapeseed oil taste very different than others

Example aeon top value Canola oil to me better than others brand

Olive oil I prefer monini than others brand

100% real butter try look at jaya grocer etc
jamesteoh8177
post Apr 9 2021, 05:02 PM

Casual
465 posts

anchor taste good and arla is not bad either...
i wanted to try another brand by the name 'tillamook'. i have tried its ice-cream and its good. i gues the butter should the same too.
Volkswagen2
post Apr 11 2021, 09:20 AM

Casual
439 posts

Butters from 30 to 40 years ago taste better than the butter made today. We always use SCS butter since 40 years ago and the SCS butter today taste a bit mild. I feel the quality had gone down throughout the years. Maybe the boutique butter brands still retain the quality but the mainstream common brands of butter have gone down a little in the quality with a less buttery taste.
lexiqa
post May 1 2021, 12:33 PM

On my way
525 posts

for baking, use Golden Churn for that buttery smell and taste.

This post has been edited by lexiqa: May 1 2021, 12:34 PM
failed.hashcheck
post May 9 2021, 02:33 AM

Neighborhood plant pathologist
2,006 posts

Depends on the product you want to make.

For me when making cheesecake there is not many can beat tatura for its mild and milky taste.
for pastry prefer la belle d andaine.

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0120sec    0.42    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 10:58 PM