Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

New Saga Adv or New Myvi 1.3L without ASA, Help me, newbie in car.

views

zero5177
post Apr 7 2021, 10:35 AM

Sixth Sense Unlocked
1,359 posts

Passive safety wise goes to Persona/Iriz due to HPF structure is very rigid even better than many Japanese rival.

Active safety will be Myvi, simply because Persona/Iriz does not have ASA to prevent you from forward collision, but the reliability of the ASA is just ok-ish level because it doesn't cover all speed and due to lack of radar might not be as accurate, but still better than none.

Plus side for Proton other than safety would be really good an enjoyable drive compared to Myvi,

Meanwhile Myvi is better in term of fuel economy. I won't touch much on reliability because Myvi is still considered new. Iriz/Persona wise not much major issue as well.
zero5177
post Apr 7 2021, 10:41 AM

Sixth Sense Unlocked
1,359 posts

QUOTE(Xitox @ Apr 7 2021, 10:32 AM)
Wow that is so cool. However, since Persona is 1.6L, the fuel consumption is not as efficient as Myvi 1.3 is it? correct me if I'm wrong hmm.gif .
Yes Myvi fuel consumption will be better, you can expect 10-15% better fuel economy compared to Persona/Iriz.

But in reality it doesn't translate to a lot of savings in term of fueling, say if your average fueling is RM300 a month, that get's you around RM30-RM40 savings a month, not much for me, but at least it is something, and yeah Myvi have better RV as well.
zero5177
post Apr 7 2021, 12:03 PM

Sixth Sense Unlocked
1,359 posts

QUOTE(Xitox @ Apr 7 2021, 11:06 AM)
So, if I only compares between Myvi and Saga. Myvi is better for long term usage right?
Main differences between Saga and Myvi would be Hatchback vs Sedan, if you need boot space, Saga is the one to go for. 420Litre vs 277Litre that's a huge different.

Myvi good for City, Saga good for long distance drive.

If you are the kind of person who don't mind Bootspace, Drive handling, get Myvi.
zero5177
post Apr 7 2021, 02:09 PM

Sixth Sense Unlocked
1,359 posts

QUOTE(Xitox @ Apr 7 2021, 12:59 PM)
zero5177   Between Myvi and Iriz which one you recommends more?
I value ride quality more, If I have to choose between this two I will get Iriz MT, I myself have Persona MT thus my suggestion can be a little bias.
I know this car gonna bring me travel through long distance drive from West to East coast covering 3-6 hours above drive a few times yearly, I need a comfortable yet fun car.

My preferences is a bit unique in term of car biggrin.gif

Myvi one thing I really don't like is the Steering horn button travels down to the bottom of the steering, when making turn really easy to accidentally hit it.

And soundproof wise I also believe Iriz is better.
Oh and Iriz also have wider seat for decent thigh support not just driver, same goes to passenger

Anything about ride quality, feel, comfort & satisfaction in drive > Iriz
Anything about the tak payah risau won't go wrong no matter how and and no one question your choice > Myvi

But if can top up sikit, Full Spec Ativa is a good buy

I suggest you visit or revisit this 3 models again do a careful comparison, a short test drive can't tell u much, but if you are fine with most of the thing with Myvi,
you may go for it.

This post has been edited by zero5177: Apr 7 2021, 02:14 PM
zero5177
post Apr 7 2021, 03:21 PM

Sixth Sense Unlocked
1,359 posts

QUOTE(Xitox @ Apr 7 2021, 03:10 PM)
icic, hmm  rclxub.gif
Different people have different needs, usually first car I would recommend to get a Sedan for the bootspace it offers.

Just ask yourself are you the kind of guy who label car as just a tool to get you around and nothing else, Myvi is your choice
If you're the guy who gonna look for something more in the drive like ride/handling & comfort, Iriz/Persona is the one you can go for.

Not to say Myvi is bad handling or what, for most normal driver Myvi is actually pretty good on its own, and it is miles ahead compared to gen 1 Myvi.

It's your money afterall, buy based on what you want, not how other's feel about it because you're the one who driving it.
zero5177
post Apr 8 2021, 09:39 AM

Sixth Sense Unlocked
1,359 posts

QUOTE(Quazacolt @ Apr 8 2021, 01:35 AM)
i won't beat around the bush, Myvi handling and road comfort is fucking rubbish.
Just notice his previous car is Kia Picanto that'll make things a little different now,
for new driver who only treat car as a tool to bring them from point A to Point B usually Myvi handle well for them because they only care about
1. RV
2. Fuel Consumption
3. Assuming 4AT best transmission in the world
4. Timing chain

They won't notice anything about handling, they'll argue whatever Proton can do, they can do it too because drive and handling cannot be measured.
Oh yeah and some even went as far as claiming the car drive very well and stable at 140km/h

It all boils down to what type of person TS is.
One man's trash is another man's treasure icon_idea.gif

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0139sec    0.47    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 01:41 PM