Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> New Saga Adv or New Myvi 1.3L without ASA, Help me, newbie in car.

views

TSXitox
post Apr 7 2021, 10:06 AM, updated 2 months ago

Getting Started
115 posts

Hello guys, I wanna get a Myvi but currently no stock. Need to wait at least 3 months.

The main reason I wanna get Myvi because lot of people said that the car is very safe.

Meanwhile, Saga advance have stock right now. How does Saga compared to Myvi in terms of build quality and safety features?

I plan to use this car for very a long time, which one you guys suggest?

p.s I can wait for 3 months, it just that I need to rent a room where the cost of renting is same as the cost of me having a car.

This post has been edited by Xitox: Apr 7 2021, 10:06 AM
TSXitox
post Apr 7 2021, 10:12 AM

Getting Started
115 posts

QUOTE(frossonice @ Apr 7 2021, 10:10 AM)
Persona since it is basically almost the price of MyVi.

If you can afford MyVi, you can afford Persona and Persona has better safety compared with Saga.
I see, which variant that you recommend for persona?

and between Persona and Myvi which one is better in term of safety?

edit: I think if comparing Myvi to persona. Should be Myvi 1.3L without ASA or Persona 1.6L Standard CVT?

This post has been edited by Xitox: Apr 7 2021, 10:17 AM
TSXitox
post Apr 7 2021, 10:32 AM

Getting Started
115 posts

QUOTE(nefashu @ Apr 7 2021, 10:20 AM)
safety wise, proton is better. Persona has HPF. If you look at accident, most proton user survive. but myvi, it look like tin milo.
QUOTE(nefashu @ Apr 7 2021, 10:21 AM)
Wow that is so cool. However, since Persona is 1.6L, the fuel consumption is not as efficient as Myvi 1.3 is it? correct me if I'm wrong hmm.gif .
TSXitox
post Apr 7 2021, 10:38 AM

Getting Started
115 posts

QUOTE(littlefire @ Apr 7 2021, 10:32 AM)
Since you can wait why still decide for Saga? Myvi for long term for sure will got more aftermarket options compare to Saga and if went for top range Myvi model can get you the ASA with 1.5L engine. Myvi is also knew as Malaysia "Supercar"  laugh.gif 
I not decide yet for Saga. I just want to know if Saga is good or not. Lets say if Saga is good, then better I get a Saga instead of I rent a room where the costs of renting and having a car is same.

QUOTE(littlefire @ Apr 7 2021, 10:32 AM)
You can consider Saga if you like to travel long distance with small family, still with current Geely management i doubt they will be supporting old proton model parts for long and going to phase out soon replacing their own geely model.
wah really? good to know that mega_shok.gif
TSXitox
post Apr 7 2021, 11:06 AM

Getting Started
115 posts

So, if I only compares between Myvi and Saga. Myvi is better for long term usage right?
TSXitox
post Apr 7 2021, 11:20 AM

Getting Started
115 posts

QUOTE(FrogBlob @ Apr 7 2021, 11:18 AM)
The newest generations of these two vehicles are still pretty decent, so it's a bit hard to tell.
But theoretically speaking, Myvi should be the more reliable one. But this also depends on how well the user takes care of the care.
Hmm, so tough to decides bangwall.gif
TSXitox
post Apr 7 2021, 12:21 PM

Getting Started
115 posts

QUOTE(zero5177 @ Apr 7 2021, 12:03 PM)
Main differences between Saga and Myvi would be Hatchback vs Sedan, if you need boot space, Saga is the one to go for. 420Litre vs 277Litre that's a huge different.

Myvi good for City, Saga good for long distance drive.

If you are the kind of person who don't mind Bootspace, Drive handling, get Myvi.
Noted, tqvm thumbup.gif thumbsup.gif
TSXitox
post Apr 7 2021, 12:28 PM

Getting Started
115 posts

QUOTE(gooddays2020 @ Apr 7 2021, 12:24 PM)
Consider getting 1.5 Myvi or 1.6 persona? 1.3 is slightly underpower, feels unsafe on highway.
I'm sorry, can you clarify what do you mean by unsafe on highway? hmm.gif
TSXitox
post Apr 7 2021, 12:47 PM

Getting Started
115 posts

QUOTE(digilife @ Apr 7 2021, 12:39 PM)
can you drive a manual car ?

if yes, go for Persona manual, cheap , safe  and super reliable
Yes I can, but I really prefer auto then manual
TSXitox
post Apr 7 2021, 12:59 PM

Getting Started
115 posts

zero5177 Between Myvi and Iriz which one you recommends more?

This post has been edited by Xitox: Apr 7 2021, 01:00 PM
TSXitox
post Apr 7 2021, 03:10 PM

Getting Started
115 posts

QUOTE(zero5177 @ Apr 7 2021, 02:09 PM)
I value ride quality more, If I have to choose between this two I will get Iriz MT, I myself have Persona MT thus my suggestion can be a little bias.
I know this car gonna bring me travel through long distance drive from West to East coast covering 3-6 hours above drive a few times yearly, I need a comfortable yet fun car.

My preferences is a bit unique in term of car  biggrin.gif

Myvi one thing I really don't like is the Steering horn button travels down to the bottom of the steering, when making turn really easy to accidentally hit it.

And soundproof wise I also believe Iriz is better.
Oh and Iriz also have wider seat for decent thigh support not just driver, same goes to passenger
Anything about ride quality, feel, comfort & satisfaction in drive > Iriz
Anything about the tak payah risau won't go wrong no matter how and and no one question your choice > Myvi

But if can top up sikit, Full Spec Ativa is a good buy

I suggest you visit or revisit this 3 models again do a careful comparison, a short test drive can't tell u much, but if you are fine with most of the thing with Myvi,
you may go for it.
icic, hmm rclxub.gif
TSXitox
post Apr 7 2021, 04:30 PM

Getting Started
115 posts

QUOTE(zero5177 @ Apr 7 2021, 03:21 PM)
Different people have different needs, usually first car I would recommend to get a Sedan for the bootspace it offers.

Just ask yourself are you the kind of guy who label car as just a tool to get you around and nothing else, Myvi is your choice
If you're the guy who gonna look for something more in the drive like ride/handling & comfort, Iriz/Persona is the one you can go for.

Not to say Myvi is bad handling or what, for most normal driver Myvi is actually pretty good on its own, and it is miles ahead compared to gen 1 Myvi.

It's your money afterall, buy based on what you want, not how other's feel about it because you're the one who driving it.
Understood. Thank you very much for your input thumbup.gif
TSXitox
post Apr 7 2021, 11:28 PM

Getting Started
115 posts

QUOTE(pixelrider @ Apr 7 2021, 06:50 PM)
Pretty sure the newest Saga don't use CVT anymore. It use normal 4AT gearbox now.

Judging by the way TS respond, seems like TS doesn't have as much experience with car.  May I know what car do you (TS) drive before this?

In any case, TS should go test drive these cars first before making a ~RM40k decision.
Yea, I really don't have much experience with car. Before this I drive old Kia Picanto.

QUOTE(dares @ Apr 7 2021, 06:55 PM)
the CVT tuning on the 2019 facelifted Persona is miles better than the previous iterations, especially compared to the first batches and the Punch Protons before it.

No more sluggishness at low speeds when driving in town, just squeeze and go, very responsive and very easy to drive inside urban environments. Very different from the previous versions.

Go test drive it.
Does new IRIZ also have same CVT as Persona?
TSXitox
post Apr 8 2021, 10:11 PM

Getting Started
115 posts

I test drive Saga, Persona & Myvi 1.5 today. Surprisingly, I like Saga more than Persona. Saga feels much smooth compared to Persona.

Myvi on another hand feels much better than Saga & Persona. However, I can say that the driving experience is quite similar to Saga, just that Myvi have more power.

Maybe after test drive Iriz tomorrow only I can decides.

This post has been edited by Xitox: Apr 8 2021, 10:13 PM
TSXitox
post Apr 8 2021, 10:14 PM

Getting Started
115 posts

QUOTE(ShinHaruhi @ Apr 8 2021, 01:54 PM)
if you care about warranty and after sale service go p2 car,
p1 warranty well u now not so good,
and i hear saga aircond got 2 vendor supply, one no problem other got a lot problem,
try enter fb group and see what main problem most complain ,

but p1 handling very good compare with p2, garbage ,
if want to use long term, better buy sedan , better go city or vios ( vios recent got quality issue )

before this i also in dilemma saga premiun or bezza advance, price 10k different if not wrong
end buy bezza advance because i see to many complaint after sale service on p1 ,
just my 2 cent  thumbup.gif
I'm sorry, what do you mean by p1, p2 car?
TSXitox
post Apr 9 2021, 10:39 AM

Getting Started
115 posts

QUOTE(littlefire @ Apr 9 2021, 10:04 AM)
Agree. Anyway heard another Iriz/Persona 2021 facelift is coming soon, if they change the gearbox to 4AT as per Saga maybe there is some light.
Oh noo rclxub.gif

QUOTE(Quazacolt @ Apr 9 2021, 10:22 AM)
Post Geely Punch CVT > 4AT
4AT is just ancient and sad and not efficient.

Torque converter slosh boxes leaves a lot to be desired unless you're on sport models like those in the 86 BRZ / Lexus / BMW ZF8 etc etc

Why I said Myvi in my post? In my opinion TS don't appreciate driving hence he don't appreciate a Proton. Might as well Myvi for having the privilege to own Malaysia super car and bestest fuel economy and bestest resale value.
I see, but to be safe I still think I need to test drive Iriz before I can decides.

TSXitox
post Apr 9 2021, 10:41 AM

Getting Started
115 posts

QUOTE(ShinHaruhi @ Apr 8 2021, 01:54 PM)
if you care about warranty and after sale service go p2 car,
p1 warranty well u now not so good,
and i hear saga aircond got 2 vendor supply, one no problem other got a lot problem,
try enter fb group and see what main problem most complain ,

but p1 handling very good compare with p2, garbage ,
if want to use long term, better buy sedan , better go city or vios ( vios recent got quality issue )

before this i also in dilemma saga premiun or bezza advance, price 10k different if not wrong
end buy bezza advance because i see to many complaint after sale service on p1 ,
just my 2 cent   thumbup.gif
Mind share your review for Bezza?

This post has been edited by Xitox: Apr 9 2021, 10:41 AM

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0232sec    0.90    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 17th May 2021 - 09:23 PM