Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> New Saga Adv or New Myvi 1.3L without ASA, Help me, newbie in car.

views

TSXitox
post Apr 7 2021, 10:06 AM, updated 3 months ago

Getting Started
115 posts

Hello guys, I wanna get a Myvi but currently no stock. Need to wait at least 3 months.

The main reason I wanna get Myvi because lot of people said that the car is very safe.

Meanwhile, Saga advance have stock right now. How does Saga compared to Myvi in terms of build quality and safety features?

I plan to use this car for very a long time, which one you guys suggest?

p.s I can wait for 3 months, it just that I need to rent a room where the cost of renting is same as the cost of me having a car.

This post has been edited by Xitox: Apr 7 2021, 10:06 AM
frossonice
post Apr 7 2021, 10:10 AM

Getting Started
216 posts

Persona since it is basically almost the price of MyVi.

If you can afford MyVi, you can afford Persona and Persona has better safety compared with Saga.

This post has been edited by frossonice: Apr 7 2021, 10:11 AM
TSXitox
post Apr 7 2021, 10:12 AM

Getting Started
115 posts

QUOTE(frossonice @ Apr 7 2021, 10:10 AM)
Persona since it is basically almost the price of MyVi.

If you can afford MyVi, you can afford Persona and Persona has better safety compared with Saga.
I see, which variant that you recommend for persona?

and between Persona and Myvi which one is better in term of safety?

edit: I think if comparing Myvi to persona. Should be Myvi 1.3L without ASA or Persona 1.6L Standard CVT?

This post has been edited by Xitox: Apr 7 2021, 10:17 AM
nefashu
post Apr 7 2021, 10:20 AM

Getting Started
255 posts

QUOTE(Xitox @ Apr 7 2021, 10:12 AM)
I see, which variant that you recommend for persona?

and between Persona and Myvi which one is better in term of safety?

edit: I think if comparing Myvi to persona. Should be Myvi 1.3L without ASA or Persona 1.6L Standard CVT?
safety wise, proton is better. Persona has HPF. If you look at accident, most proton user survive. but myvi, it look like tin milo.
nefashu
post Apr 7 2021, 10:21 AM

Getting Started
255 posts

link to HPF

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=InCOMrGU1Qw...tonCarsOfficial
TSXitox
post Apr 7 2021, 10:32 AM

Getting Started
115 posts

QUOTE(nefashu @ Apr 7 2021, 10:20 AM)
safety wise, proton is better. Persona has HPF. If you look at accident, most proton user survive. but myvi, it look like tin milo.
QUOTE(nefashu @ Apr 7 2021, 10:21 AM)
Wow that is so cool. However, since Persona is 1.6L, the fuel consumption is not as efficient as Myvi 1.3 is it? correct me if I'm wrong hmm.gif .
littlefire
post Apr 7 2021, 10:32 AM

Enthusiast
782 posts

Since you can wait why still decide for Saga? Myvi for long term for sure will got more aftermarket options compare to Saga and if went for top range Myvi model can get you the ASA with 1.5L engine. Myvi is also knew as Malaysia "Supercar" laugh.gif

You can consider Saga if you like to travel long distance with small family, still with current Geely management i doubt they will be supporting old proton model parts for long and going to phase out soon replacing their own geely model.
zero5177
post Apr 7 2021, 10:35 AM

5 Stars Horse Tail
906 posts

Passive safety wise goes to Persona/Iriz due to HPF structure is very rigid even better than many Japanese rival.

Active safety will be Myvi, simply because Persona/Iriz does not have ASA to prevent you from forward collision, but the reliability of the ASA is just ok-ish level because it doesn't cover all speed and due to lack of radar might not be as accurate, but still better than none.

Plus side for Proton other than safety would be really good an enjoyable drive compared to Myvi,

Meanwhile Myvi is better in term of fuel economy. I won't touch much on reliability because Myvi is still considered new. Iriz/Persona wise not much major issue as well.
littlefire
post Apr 7 2021, 10:36 AM

Enthusiast
782 posts

Regarding safety, go to Asean NCAP and get your own evaluation

Perodua Myvi 2017

https://aseancap.org/v2/?p=3870

Proton Saga 2016

https://aseancap.org/v2/?p=3749

If compare both, Myvi safety will win ahead.

TSXitox
post Apr 7 2021, 10:38 AM

Getting Started
115 posts

QUOTE(littlefire @ Apr 7 2021, 10:32 AM)
Since you can wait why still decide for Saga? Myvi for long term for sure will got more aftermarket options compare to Saga and if went for top range Myvi model can get you the ASA with 1.5L engine. Myvi is also knew as Malaysia "Supercar"  laugh.gif 
I not decide yet for Saga. I just want to know if Saga is good or not. Lets say if Saga is good, then better I get a Saga instead of I rent a room where the costs of renting and having a car is same.

QUOTE(littlefire @ Apr 7 2021, 10:32 AM)
You can consider Saga if you like to travel long distance with small family, still with current Geely management i doubt they will be supporting old proton model parts for long and going to phase out soon replacing their own geely model.
wah really? good to know that mega_shok.gif
zero5177
post Apr 7 2021, 10:41 AM

5 Stars Horse Tail
906 posts

QUOTE(Xitox @ Apr 7 2021, 10:32 AM)
Wow that is so cool. However, since Persona is 1.6L, the fuel consumption is not as efficient as Myvi 1.3 is it? correct me if I'm wrong hmm.gif .
Yes Myvi fuel consumption will be better, you can expect 10-15% better fuel economy compared to Persona/Iriz.

But in reality it doesn't translate to a lot of savings in term of fueling, say if your average fueling is RM300 a month, that get's you around RM30-RM40 savings a month, not much for me, but at least it is something, and yeah Myvi have better RV as well.
FrogBlob
post Apr 7 2021, 10:43 AM

Getting Started
130 posts

Looking at your choices, is it safe to assume your budget around 40k?
I was in your shoes for abit also, so I add some of my own input.
My choices were Myvi 1.3G, Saga Premium, and Bezza 1.3X.
In my findings I leaned towards the Bezza or the Saga.
Other than the airbags, I don't see much difference between the 3 options. Just choose which one you like more.
Just my two cents lah. Good luck TS.

nefashu
post Apr 7 2021, 10:46 AM

Getting Started
255 posts

If u need space, myvi is more spacious.
If u like to drive, Saga handling is good.
reliability wise Myvi is bit better.
Saga is also cheaper than Myvi.

TSXitox
post Apr 7 2021, 11:06 AM

Getting Started
115 posts

So, if I only compares between Myvi and Saga. Myvi is better for long term usage right?
FrogBlob
post Apr 7 2021, 11:18 AM

Getting Started
130 posts

QUOTE(Xitox @ Apr 7 2021, 11:06 AM)
So, if I only compares between Myvi and Saga. Myvi is better for long term usage right?
The newest generations of these two vehicles are still pretty decent, so it's a bit hard to tell.
But theoretically speaking, Myvi should be the more reliable one. But this also depends on how well the user takes care of the care.
TSXitox
post Apr 7 2021, 11:20 AM

Getting Started
115 posts

QUOTE(FrogBlob @ Apr 7 2021, 11:18 AM)
The newest generations of these two vehicles are still pretty decent, so it's a bit hard to tell.
But theoretically speaking, Myvi should be the more reliable one. But this also depends on how well the user takes care of the care.
Hmm, so tough to decides bangwall.gif
cempedaklife
post Apr 7 2021, 11:37 AM

Master Decoy
2,724 posts

since you said you wanted to drive this long term-ish.
do consider if a sedan or a hatchback (myvi) suits you better and further to the future.

coz you may want to have a car where you can store all the stuff for a road trip with family/partner/future partner, etc. maybe even getting married and have first kid with your future half within that timeline.

zero5177
post Apr 7 2021, 12:03 PM

5 Stars Horse Tail
906 posts

QUOTE(Xitox @ Apr 7 2021, 11:06 AM)
Main differences between Saga and Myvi would be Hatchback vs Sedan, if you need boot space, Saga is the one to go for. 420Litre vs 277Litre that's a huge different.

Myvi good for City, Saga good for long distance drive.

If you are the kind of person who don't mind Bootspace, Drive handling, get Myvi.
TSXitox
post Apr 7 2021, 12:21 PM

Getting Started
115 posts

QUOTE(zero5177 @ Apr 7 2021, 12:03 PM)
Main differences between Saga and Myvi would be Hatchback vs Sedan, if you need boot space, Saga is the one to go for. 420Litre vs 277Litre that's a huge different.

Myvi good for City, Saga good for long distance drive.

If you are the kind of person who don't mind Bootspace, Drive handling, get Myvi.
Noted, tqvm thumbup.gif thumbsup.gif
gooddays2020
post Apr 7 2021, 12:24 PM

Getting Started
58 posts

Consider getting 1.5 Myvi or 1.6 persona? 1.3 is slightly underpower, feels unsafe on highway.
TSXitox
post Apr 7 2021, 12:28 PM

Getting Started
115 posts

QUOTE(gooddays2020 @ Apr 7 2021, 12:24 PM)
Consider getting 1.5 Myvi or 1.6 persona? 1.3 is slightly underpower, feels unsafe on highway.
I'm sorry, can you clarify what do you mean by unsafe on highway? hmm.gif
digilife
post Apr 7 2021, 12:39 PM

The MNP guy, its me yeah.
7,983 posts

can you drive a manual car ?

if yes, go for Persona manual, cheap , safe and super reliable
TSXitox
post Apr 7 2021, 12:47 PM

Getting Started
115 posts

QUOTE(digilife @ Apr 7 2021, 12:39 PM)
can you drive a manual car ?

if yes, go for Persona manual, cheap , safe  and super reliable
Yes I can, but I really prefer auto then manual
TSXitox
post Apr 7 2021, 12:59 PM

Getting Started
115 posts

zero5177 Between Myvi and Iriz which one you recommends more?

This post has been edited by Xitox: Apr 7 2021, 01:00 PM
digilife
post Apr 7 2021, 01:01 PM

The MNP guy, its me yeah.
7,983 posts

QUOTE(Xitox @ Apr 7 2021, 12:47 PM)
Yes I can, but I really prefer auto then manual
New Persona still using the lousy CVT ? forget it then, I rather have the ancient 4AT on the new Saga then the lousy CVT

Still , best is the manual tranny ,virtually no issue at all on the manual transmission.
leon898
post Apr 7 2021, 01:40 PM

On my way
647 posts

QUOTE(Xitox @ Apr 7 2021, 10:06 AM)
Hello guys, I wanna get a Myvi but currently no stock. Need to wait at least 3 months.

The main reason I wanna get Myvi because lot of people said that the car is very safe.

Meanwhile, Saga advance have stock right now. How does Saga compared to Myvi in terms of build quality and safety features?

I plan to use this car for very a long time, which one you guys suggest?

p.s I can wait for 3 months, it just that I need to rent a room where the cost of renting is same as the cost of me having a car.
if you:

i) know a bit about car and
ii) have some money left every month

Then grab saga/persona. Because every 80k u need to change the timing belt. I know...I know that u can save some money first, but from my observation, U will never have the money when the time comes. So grab .a robust engine in the first place.
zero5177
post Apr 7 2021, 02:09 PM

5 Stars Horse Tail
906 posts

QUOTE(Xitox @ Apr 7 2021, 12:59 PM)
zero5177   Between Myvi and Iriz which one you recommends more?
I value ride quality more, If I have to choose between this two I will get Iriz MT, I myself have Persona MT thus my suggestion can be a little bias.
I know this car gonna bring me travel through long distance drive from West to East coast covering 3-6 hours above drive a few times yearly, I need a comfortable yet fun car.

My preferences is a bit unique in term of car biggrin.gif

Myvi one thing I really don't like is the Steering horn button travels down to the bottom of the steering, when making turn really easy to accidentally hit it.

And soundproof wise I also believe Iriz is better.
Oh and Iriz also have wider seat for decent thigh support not just driver, same goes to passenger

Anything about ride quality, feel, comfort & satisfaction in drive > Iriz
Anything about the tak payah risau won't go wrong no matter how and and no one question your choice > Myvi

But if can top up sikit, Full Spec Ativa is a good buy

I suggest you visit or revisit this 3 models again do a careful comparison, a short test drive can't tell u much, but if you are fine with most of the thing with Myvi,
you may go for it.

This post has been edited by zero5177: Apr 7 2021, 02:14 PM
TSXitox
post Apr 7 2021, 03:10 PM

Getting Started
115 posts

QUOTE(zero5177 @ Apr 7 2021, 02:09 PM)
I value ride quality more, If I have to choose between this two I will get Iriz MT, I myself have Persona MT thus my suggestion can be a little bias.
I know this car gonna bring me travel through long distance drive from West to East coast covering 3-6 hours above drive a few times yearly, I need a comfortable yet fun car.

My preferences is a bit unique in term of car  biggrin.gif

Myvi one thing I really don't like is the Steering horn button travels down to the bottom of the steering, when making turn really easy to accidentally hit it.

And soundproof wise I also believe Iriz is better.
Oh and Iriz also have wider seat for decent thigh support not just driver, same goes to passenger
Anything about ride quality, feel, comfort & satisfaction in drive > Iriz
Anything about the tak payah risau won't go wrong no matter how and and no one question your choice > Myvi

But if can top up sikit, Full Spec Ativa is a good buy

I suggest you visit or revisit this 3 models again do a careful comparison, a short test drive can't tell u much, but if you are fine with most of the thing with Myvi,
you may go for it.
icic, hmm rclxub.gif
zero5177
post Apr 7 2021, 03:21 PM

5 Stars Horse Tail
906 posts

QUOTE(Xitox @ Apr 7 2021, 03:10 PM)
icic, hmm  rclxub.gif
Different people have different needs, usually first car I would recommend to get a Sedan for the bootspace it offers.

Just ask yourself are you the kind of guy who label car as just a tool to get you around and nothing else, Myvi is your choice
If you're the guy who gonna look for something more in the drive like ride/handling & comfort, Iriz/Persona is the one you can go for.

Not to say Myvi is bad handling or what, for most normal driver Myvi is actually pretty good on its own, and it is miles ahead compared to gen 1 Myvi.

It's your money afterall, buy based on what you want, not how other's feel about it because you're the one who driving it.
TSXitox
post Apr 7 2021, 04:30 PM

Getting Started
115 posts

QUOTE(zero5177 @ Apr 7 2021, 03:21 PM)
Different people have different needs, usually first car I would recommend to get a Sedan for the bootspace it offers.

Just ask yourself are you the kind of guy who label car as just a tool to get you around and nothing else, Myvi is your choice
If you're the guy who gonna look for something more in the drive like ride/handling & comfort, Iriz/Persona is the one you can go for.

Not to say Myvi is bad handling or what, for most normal driver Myvi is actually pretty good on its own, and it is miles ahead compared to gen 1 Myvi.

It's your money afterall, buy based on what you want, not how other's feel about it because you're the one who driving it.
Understood. Thank you very much for your input thumbup.gif
abubin
post Apr 7 2021, 04:43 PM

Look at all my stars!!
9,933 posts

Here is my 2 cents.

Personally, I will only go for auto trans. I have enough of my days fidgeting with changing gears while driving. Some people just like the control they get from manual. I don't care about control, performance and lower FC. I care more for convenience.

Once you decided to got for MT or AT, next is choosing the car. Myvi is know to have very robust engine and parts are easy to find cause it's number 1 car in Malaysia. Saga is good too but the CVT is said to be not reliable. But if you take care of the car, I think the CVT should not cause any issue.

I am a bit bias as I own a myvi myself. So I would go for Myvi for it's durability, easy to repair, zippy driving experience. I also think myvi have better resale value than saga. Then again, it's no big deal if you going to keep the car long.

Have you done test drive both cars? If yes, just go for the one you like more. Both are actually good choice for cheap and reliable car.

This post has been edited by abubin: Apr 7 2021, 04:44 PM
dogbert_chew
post Apr 7 2021, 06:44 PM

Casual
364 posts

If budget is tight,

Second hand Axia E manual 2016 only 10K.
Sell 5 years later still can fetch 5K.

Durinf these 5 years, aim for better car when your finance improve.
pixelrider
post Apr 7 2021, 06:50 PM

43 posts

QUOTE(abubin @ Apr 7 2021, 04:43 PM)
Here is my 2 cents.

Personally, I will only go for auto trans. I have enough of my days fidgeting with changing gears while driving. Some people just like the control they get from manual. I don't care about control, performance and lower FC. I care more for convenience.

Once you decided to got for MT or AT, next is choosing the car. Myvi is know to have very robust engine and parts are easy to find cause it's number 1 car in Malaysia. Saga is good too but the CVT is said to be not reliable. But if you take care of the car, I think the CVT should not cause any issue.

I am a bit bias as I own a myvi myself. So I would go for Myvi for it's durability, easy to repair, zippy driving experience. I also think myvi have better resale value than saga. Then again, it's no big deal if you going to keep the car long.

Have you done test drive both cars? If yes, just go for the one you like more. Both are actually good choice for cheap and reliable car.
Pretty sure the newest Saga don't use CVT anymore. It use normal 4AT gearbox now.

Judging by the way TS respond, seems like TS doesn't have as much experience with car. May I know what car do you (TS) drive before this?

In any case, TS should go test drive these cars first before making a ~RM40k decision.

This post has been edited by pixelrider: Apr 7 2021, 06:50 PM
dares
post Apr 7 2021, 06:55 PM

Casual
466 posts

the CVT tuning on the 2019 facelifted Persona is miles better than the previous iterations, especially compared to the first batches and the Punch Protons before it.

No more sluggishness at low speeds when driving in town, just squeeze and go, very responsive and very easy to drive inside urban environments. Very different from the previous versions.

Go test drive it.
TSXitox
post Apr 7 2021, 11:28 PM

Getting Started
115 posts

QUOTE(pixelrider @ Apr 7 2021, 06:50 PM)
Pretty sure the newest Saga don't use CVT anymore. It use normal 4AT gearbox now.

Judging by the way TS respond, seems like TS doesn't have as much experience with car.  May I know what car do you (TS) drive before this?

In any case, TS should go test drive these cars first before making a ~RM40k decision.
Yea, I really don't have much experience with car. Before this I drive old Kia Picanto.

QUOTE(dares @ Apr 7 2021, 06:55 PM)
the CVT tuning on the 2019 facelifted Persona is miles better than the previous iterations, especially compared to the first batches and the Punch Protons before it.

No more sluggishness at low speeds when driving in town, just squeeze and go, very responsive and very easy to drive inside urban environments. Very different from the previous versions.

Go test drive it.
Does new IRIZ also have same CVT as Persona?
constant_weight
post Apr 8 2021, 01:13 AM

Getting Started
231 posts

QUOTE(Xitox @ Apr 7 2021, 11:28 PM)
Yea, I really don't have much experience with car. Before this I drive old Kia Picanto.
Haha, Picanto despite a tiny car with small engine and zero feature, its handling is hands down better than any of the Perodua car, and Picanto uses stronger steel too.

Also, any Proton would out-handle any Perodua. In modern Proton vs modern Perodua head-on collision, Proton will survive better.

Crash test scores are influenced by active safety and how good a car try not to kill a pedestrian with a soft hood and lots of foam on engine cover (which nothing to do with your own safety, well given that's a selfish consideration).
Like many pointed out, the % of advances high strength steel (AHSS) in modern Proton make them strong car.

Latest Ativa advertise 850 MPa steel a A-pillar as new features, and that's a joke. 850 MPa is only HSS, not AHSS
Most modern cars already have 1500 MPa AHSS/Hot formed/Boron Steel etc on A-pillar. Most cars has at least 30% AHSS since 5 years ago, Hyundai/Kia over 50% (have faith in your Picanto).

You can search Alza accident photos in past few years, and see how many broken into half at B pillar.

As for ASA, not all AEB are created equally.

ASA 2.0, the AEB detect a vehicle up to 4-80km/h, pedestrian/bike up to 4-50km/h. That's only mitigation, not complete stop. The complete stop speed is 30km/h. It did not announce how much speed it could reduce. On 3.0 the detection speed increase, but couldn't find the complete stop speed.

For comparison, Volvo IntelliSafe works 4-210km/h, pedestrian/cyclist 4-80km/h. The City Safety sub-function can detect car, pedestrian, cyclist, large animal, and able to detect cross traffic, not just in front.
For high speed vehicle, Volvo IntelliSafe able to stop with relative speed up to 50km/h. Meaning if the car in front driving 200km/h suddenly emergency brake to 150km/h, you also driving at 200km/h but did not response, it still able to brake to avoid collision.
For slow or stationary vehicle, it can complete stop up to 70km/h.

In the City where City Safety is active not only vehicle in front, but cross traffic as well
vehicle - reduce speed up to 60km/h
cyclist - reduce speed up to 50km/h
pedestrian - reduce speed up to 45km/h
large animals - reduce speed up to 15km/h (most effective above 70km/h)

Beside braking, if collision is unavoidable by braking alone, it will also detect empty space and provide steering assist to avoid the object (vehicle/cyclist/pedestrian/large animals)

On top of that, it will detect on-coming traffic which car from opposite lane sway into your lane.

Well I know the price is 6x different. Just want to tell you with ASA, it is likely reduce damage in city when you driving around 60km/h, but will not avoid the accident. High speed accident at highway, it will not save you at all.

This post has been edited by constant_weight: Apr 8 2021, 01:27 AM
Quazacolt
post Apr 8 2021, 01:24 AM

Riding couple
4,257 posts

QUOTE(dares @ Apr 7 2021, 06:55 PM)

Go test drive it.
he want Saga, no CVT pun, back to shit 4AT like shit P2 sad.gif
Quazacolt
post Apr 8 2021, 01:25 AM

Riding couple
4,257 posts

QUOTE(Xitox @ Apr 7 2021, 11:28 PM)
if your budget allows, get the post Geely Iriz or Persona.

yes both Iriz and Persona drive train are exactly the same on difference in manual or auto 1.3 or 1.6 (Persona only 1.6)
Quazacolt
post Apr 8 2021, 01:29 AM

Riding couple
4,257 posts

QUOTE(constant_weight @ Apr 8 2021, 01:13 AM)

you don't need to talk about P2's ASA when their BASIC braking already lose to P1 on my review Persona vs Myvi back to back apple to apple same location exact same tire size exact same tire model emergency braking 60- 0 km/h.

if you can't even pass the basics with decent success, forget advance features that relies on it.
Quazacolt
post Apr 8 2021, 01:35 AM

Riding couple
4,257 posts

QUOTE(zero5177 @ Apr 7 2021, 03:21 PM)
Not to say Myvi is bad handling
i won't beat around the bush, Myvi handling and road comfort is fucking rubbish.
zero5177
post Apr 8 2021, 09:39 AM

5 Stars Horse Tail
906 posts

QUOTE(Quazacolt @ Apr 8 2021, 01:35 AM)
i won't beat around the bush, Myvi handling and road comfort is fucking rubbish.
Just notice his previous car is Kia Picanto that'll make things a little different now,
for new driver who only treat car as a tool to bring them from point A to Point B usually Myvi handle well for them because they only care about
1. RV
2. Fuel Consumption
3. Assuming 4AT best transmission in the world
4. Timing chain

They won't notice anything about handling, they'll argue whatever Proton can do, they can do it too because drive and handling cannot be measured.
Oh yeah and some even went as far as claiming the car drive very well and stable at 140km/h

It all boils down to what type of person TS is.
One man's trash is another man's treasure icon_idea.gif
Quazacolt
post Apr 8 2021, 10:46 AM

Riding couple
4,257 posts

QUOTE(zero5177 @ Apr 8 2021, 09:39 AM)
They won't notice anything about handling, they'll argue whatever Proton can do, they can do it too because drive and handling cannot be measured.
Oh yeah and some even went as far as claiming the car drive very well and stable at 140km/h

It all boils down to what type of person TS is.
One man's trash is another man's treasure  icon_idea.gif
Agreed.
I have no experience on old Picanto
However on the latest generation, it is very good.

My only gripe is the price and 4AT manual control gating.
3 gear easily slots into neutral instead of 4 (D) laugh.gif
ktek
post Apr 8 2021, 01:00 PM

워터파크
9,730 posts

asa quite useful for new driving ppl
if u old driver no need
ShinHaruhi
post Apr 8 2021, 01:54 PM

10 posts

if you care about warranty and after sale service go p2 car,
p1 warranty well u now not so good,
and i hear saga aircond got 2 vendor supply, one no problem other got a lot problem,
try enter fb group and see what main problem most complain ,

but p1 handling very good compare with p2, garbage ,
if want to use long term, better buy sedan , better go city or vios ( vios recent got quality issue )

before this i also in dilemma saga premiun or bezza advance, price 10k different if not wrong
end buy bezza advance because i see to many complaint after sale service on p1 ,
just my 2 cent thumbup.gif
ah_suknat
post Apr 8 2021, 09:56 PM

whoooooooooooooop
5,026 posts

I bought the new saga premium, yes its called premium not advance.

First its the look, the new saga premium design is very classy, it looks more expensive than its price.

Secondly, it use reliable 4AT instead of lousy punch CVT that many people complaint

3rdly, the NVH is good, the factory sound system is very nice you dont need to upgrade anymore, but it sometimes restart by itself.

4th, the handling is butter smooth, very enjoyable ro drive.

The bad thing is its underpowered, build quality is rather mediocre, my aircond vent clip snap while I wipe the dashboard. Rattling sound come and go.
TSXitox
post Apr 8 2021, 10:11 PM

Getting Started
115 posts

I test drive Saga, Persona & Myvi 1.5 today. Surprisingly, I like Saga more than Persona. Saga feels much smooth compared to Persona.

Myvi on another hand feels much better than Saga & Persona. However, I can say that the driving experience is quite similar to Saga, just that Myvi have more power.

Maybe after test drive Iriz tomorrow only I can decides.

This post has been edited by Xitox: Apr 8 2021, 10:13 PM
TSXitox
post Apr 8 2021, 10:14 PM

Getting Started
115 posts

QUOTE(ShinHaruhi @ Apr 8 2021, 01:54 PM)
and i hear saga aircond got 2 vendor supply, one no problem other got a lot problem,

if want to use long term, better buy sedan , better go city or vios ( vios recent got quality issue )

before this i also in dilemma saga premiun or bezza advance, price 10k different if not wrong
end buy bezza advance because i see to many complaint after sale service on p1 ,
just my 2 cent  thumbup.gif
I'm sorry, what do you mean by p1, p2 car?
Quazacolt
post Apr 9 2021, 01:44 AM

Riding couple
4,257 posts

QUOTE(Xitox @ Apr 8 2021, 10:11 PM)
Saga feels much smooth compared to Persona.

Myvi on another hand feels much better than Saga & Persona. However, I can say that the driving experience is quite similar to Saga

Maybe after test drive Iriz tomorrow only I can decides.
you can skip the Iriz, just buy Myvi.
FrogBlob
post Apr 9 2021, 08:08 AM

Getting Started
130 posts

QUOTE(Xitox @ Apr 8 2021, 10:14 PM)
I'm sorry, what do you mean by p1, p2 car?
P1 refers to Proton, P2 refers to Perodua.
littlefire
post Apr 9 2021, 10:04 AM

Enthusiast
782 posts

QUOTE(Quazacolt @ Apr 9 2021, 02:44 AM)
you can skip the Iriz, just buy Myvi.
Agree. Anyway heard another Iriz/Persona 2021 facelift is coming soon, if they change the gearbox to 4AT as per Saga maybe there is some light.

This post has been edited by littlefire: Apr 9 2021, 10:04 AM
Quazacolt
post Apr 9 2021, 10:22 AM

Riding couple
4,257 posts

QUOTE(littlefire @ Apr 9 2021, 10:04 AM)
Agree. Anyway heard another Iriz/Persona 2021 facelift is coming soon, if they change the gearbox to 4AT as per Saga maybe there is some light.
Post Geely Punch CVT > 4AT
4AT is just ancient and sad and not efficient.

Torque converter slosh boxes leaves a lot to be desired unless you're on sport models like those in the 86 BRZ / Lexus / BMW ZF8 etc etc

Why I said Myvi in my post? In my opinion TS don't appreciate driving hence he don't appreciate a Proton. Might as well Myvi for having the privilege to own Malaysia super car and bestest fuel economy and bestest resale value.
TSXitox
post Apr 9 2021, 10:39 AM

Getting Started
115 posts

QUOTE(littlefire @ Apr 9 2021, 10:04 AM)
Oh noo rclxub.gif

QUOTE(Quazacolt @ Apr 9 2021, 10:22 AM)
Post Geely Punch CVT > 4AT
4AT is just ancient and sad and not efficient.

Torque converter slosh boxes leaves a lot to be desired unless you're on sport models like those in the 86 BRZ / Lexus / BMW ZF8 etc etc

Why I said Myvi in my post? In my opinion TS don't appreciate driving hence he don't appreciate a Proton. Might as well Myvi for having the privilege to own Malaysia super car and bestest fuel economy and bestest resale value.
I see, but to be safe I still think I need to test drive Iriz before I can decides.

TSXitox
post Apr 9 2021, 10:41 AM

Getting Started
115 posts

QUOTE(ShinHaruhi @ Apr 8 2021, 01:54 PM)

just my 2 cent   thumbup.gif
Mind share your review for Bezza?

This post has been edited by Xitox: Apr 9 2021, 10:41 AM
ShinHaruhi
post Apr 9 2021, 03:53 PM

10 posts

QUOTE(Xitox @ Apr 9 2021, 11:41 AM)
Mind share your review for Bezza?
handling sampan biggrin.gif
petrol consumption 1L 12 ~ 15KM, never get more than 15KM
eco idle i off,
ASA 2.0 help me a few time to avoid incident ,