Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

3 Pages  1 2 3 >Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> New Saga Adv or New Myvi 1.3L without ASA, Help me, newbie in car.

views

TSXitox
post Apr 7 2021, 10:06 AM, updated 2w ago

Getting Started
115 posts

Hello guys, I wanna get a Myvi but currently no stock. Need to wait at least 3 months.

The main reason I wanna get Myvi because lot of people said that the car is very safe.

Meanwhile, Saga advance have stock right now. How does Saga compared to Myvi in terms of build quality and safety features?

I plan to use this car for very a long time, which one you guys suggest?

p.s I can wait for 3 months, it just that I need to rent a room where the cost of renting is same as the cost of me having a car.

This post has been edited by Xitox: Apr 7 2021, 10:06 AM
frossonice
post Apr 7 2021, 10:10 AM

Getting Started
213 posts

Persona since it is basically almost the price of MyVi.

If you can afford MyVi, you can afford Persona and Persona has better safety compared with Saga.

This post has been edited by frossonice: Apr 7 2021, 10:11 AM
TSXitox
post Apr 7 2021, 10:12 AM

Getting Started
115 posts

QUOTE(frossonice @ Apr 7 2021, 10:10 AM)
Persona since it is basically almost the price of MyVi.

If you can afford MyVi, you can afford Persona and Persona has better safety compared with Saga.
I see, which variant that you recommend for persona?

and between Persona and Myvi which one is better in term of safety?

edit: I think if comparing Myvi to persona. Should be Myvi 1.3L without ASA or Persona 1.6L Standard CVT?

This post has been edited by Xitox: Apr 7 2021, 10:17 AM
nefashu
post Apr 7 2021, 10:20 AM

Getting Started
255 posts

QUOTE(Xitox @ Apr 7 2021, 10:12 AM)
I see, which variant that you recommend for persona?

and between Persona and Myvi which one is better in term of safety?

edit: I think if comparing Myvi to persona. Should be Myvi 1.3L without ASA or Persona 1.6L Standard CVT?
safety wise, proton is better. Persona has HPF. If you look at accident, most proton user survive. but myvi, it look like tin milo.
nefashu
post Apr 7 2021, 10:21 AM

Getting Started
255 posts

link to HPF

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=InCOMrGU1Qw...tonCarsOfficial
TSXitox
post Apr 7 2021, 10:32 AM

Getting Started
115 posts

QUOTE(nefashu @ Apr 7 2021, 10:20 AM)
safety wise, proton is better. Persona has HPF. If you look at accident, most proton user survive. but myvi, it look like tin milo.
QUOTE(nefashu @ Apr 7 2021, 10:21 AM)
Wow that is so cool. However, since Persona is 1.6L, the fuel consumption is not as efficient as Myvi 1.3 is it? correct me if I'm wrong hmm.gif .
littlefire
post Apr 7 2021, 10:32 AM

Enthusiast
728 posts

Since you can wait why still decide for Saga? Myvi for long term for sure will got more aftermarket options compare to Saga and if went for top range Myvi model can get you the ASA with 1.5L engine. Myvi is also knew as Malaysia "Supercar" laugh.gif

You can consider Saga if you like to travel long distance with small family, still with current Geely management i doubt they will be supporting old proton model parts for long and going to phase out soon replacing their own geely model.
zero5177
post Apr 7 2021, 10:35 AM

5 Stars Horse Tail
871 posts

Passive safety wise goes to Persona/Iriz due to HPF structure is very rigid even better than many Japanese rival.

Active safety will be Myvi, simply because Persona/Iriz does not have ASA to prevent you from forward collision, but the reliability of the ASA is just ok-ish level because it doesn't cover all speed and due to lack of radar might not be as accurate, but still better than none.

Plus side for Proton other than safety would be really good an enjoyable drive compared to Myvi,

Meanwhile Myvi is better in term of fuel economy. I won't touch much on reliability because Myvi is still considered new. Iriz/Persona wise not much major issue as well.
littlefire
post Apr 7 2021, 10:36 AM

Enthusiast
728 posts

Regarding safety, go to Asean NCAP and get your own evaluation

Perodua Myvi 2017

https://aseancap.org/v2/?p=3870

Proton Saga 2016

https://aseancap.org/v2/?p=3749

If compare both, Myvi safety will win ahead.

TSXitox
post Apr 7 2021, 10:38 AM

Getting Started
115 posts

QUOTE(littlefire @ Apr 7 2021, 10:32 AM)
Since you can wait why still decide for Saga? Myvi for long term for sure will got more aftermarket options compare to Saga and if went for top range Myvi model can get you the ASA with 1.5L engine. Myvi is also knew as Malaysia "Supercar"  laugh.gif 
I not decide yet for Saga. I just want to know if Saga is good or not. Lets say if Saga is good, then better I get a Saga instead of I rent a room where the costs of renting and having a car is same.

QUOTE(littlefire @ Apr 7 2021, 10:32 AM)
You can consider Saga if you like to travel long distance with small family, still with current Geely management i doubt they will be supporting old proton model parts for long and going to phase out soon replacing their own geely model.
wah really? good to know that mega_shok.gif
<-- no content -->
zero5177
post Apr 7 2021, 10:41 AM

5 Stars Horse Tail
871 posts

QUOTE(Xitox @ Apr 7 2021, 10:32 AM)
Wow that is so cool. However, since Persona is 1.6L, the fuel consumption is not as efficient as Myvi 1.3 is it? correct me if I'm wrong hmm.gif .
Yes Myvi fuel consumption will be better, you can expect 10-15% better fuel economy compared to Persona/Iriz.

But in reality it doesn't translate to a lot of savings in term of fueling, say if your average fueling is RM300 a month, that get's you around RM30-RM40 savings a month, not much for me, but at least it is something, and yeah Myvi have better RV as well.
FrogBlob
post Apr 7 2021, 10:43 AM

Getting Started
96 posts

Looking at your choices, is it safe to assume your budget around 40k?
I was in your shoes for abit also, so I add some of my own input.
My choices were Myvi 1.3G, Saga Premium, and Bezza 1.3X.
In my findings I leaned towards the Bezza or the Saga.
Other than the airbags, I don't see much difference between the 3 options. Just choose which one you like more.
Just my two cents lah. Good luck TS.

nefashu
post Apr 7 2021, 10:46 AM

Getting Started
255 posts

If u need space, myvi is more spacious.
If u like to drive, Saga handling is good.
reliability wise Myvi is bit better.
Saga is also cheaper than Myvi.

TSXitox
post Apr 7 2021, 11:06 AM

Getting Started
115 posts

So, if I only compares between Myvi and Saga. Myvi is better for long term usage right?
FrogBlob
post Apr 7 2021, 11:18 AM

Getting Started
96 posts

QUOTE(Xitox @ Apr 7 2021, 11:06 AM)
So, if I only compares between Myvi and Saga. Myvi is better for long term usage right?
The newest generations of these two vehicles are still pretty decent, so it's a bit hard to tell.
But theoretically speaking, Myvi should be the more reliable one. But this also depends on how well the user takes care of the care.
TSXitox
post Apr 7 2021, 11:20 AM

Getting Started
115 posts

QUOTE(FrogBlob @ Apr 7 2021, 11:18 AM)
The newest generations of these two vehicles are still pretty decent, so it's a bit hard to tell.
But theoretically speaking, Myvi should be the more reliable one. But this also depends on how well the user takes care of the care.
Hmm, so tough to decides bangwall.gif
cempedaklife
post Apr 7 2021, 11:37 AM

Master Decoy
2,661 posts

since you said you wanted to drive this long term-ish.
do consider if a sedan or a hatchback (myvi) suits you better and further to the future.

coz you may want to have a car where you can store all the stuff for a road trip with family/partner/future partner, etc. maybe even getting married and have first kid with your future half within that timeline.

zero5177
post Apr 7 2021, 12:03 PM

5 Stars Horse Tail
871 posts

QUOTE(Xitox @ Apr 7 2021, 11:06 AM)
Main differences between Saga and Myvi would be Hatchback vs Sedan, if you need boot space, Saga is the one to go for. 420Litre vs 277Litre that's a huge different.

Myvi good for City, Saga good for long distance drive.

If you are the kind of person who don't mind Bootspace, Drive handling, get Myvi.
TSXitox
post Apr 7 2021, 12:21 PM

Getting Started
115 posts

QUOTE(zero5177 @ Apr 7 2021, 12:03 PM)
Main differences between Saga and Myvi would be Hatchback vs Sedan, if you need boot space, Saga is the one to go for. 420Litre vs 277Litre that's a huge different.

Myvi good for City, Saga good for long distance drive.

If you are the kind of person who don't mind Bootspace, Drive handling, get Myvi.
Noted, tqvm thumbup.gif thumbsup.gif
gooddays2020
post Apr 7 2021, 12:24 PM

Getting Started
51 posts

Consider getting 1.5 Myvi or 1.6 persona? 1.3 is slightly underpower, feels unsafe on highway.

3 Pages  1 2 3 >Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0216sec    0.69    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 20th April 2021 - 12:50 AM