Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

new Toyota Harrier vs new HRV

views

Xccess
post Apr 12 2021, 10:00 PM

Twinkle lil Stars
2,695 posts

QUOTE(constant_weight @ Apr 6 2021, 05:16 PM)
XC40 anytime. I can't accept the power deficit on new Harrier, it is a big SUV.

I'm not a SUV person, but if I'm in market for one.

B segment 180hp+
C segment 250hp+
Executive C segment 300hp+
D segment/7 seaters 400hp+

Those are not drive fast performance requirement. To me, those are thresholds for SUV not to struggle with fully loaded family + luggage.

Imagine, 2 adults + 2 kids typically small young family, full luggages with stroller etc in the trunks going on a road trips.
Your kids are sleeping, on premium sound systems going up Genting slowly, enjoy the views and casual small talk with wife, giggles along the way. Won't you prefer your car not to rev hard, for the family comfort? I do.

The power reserve allow me to be that anal asshole who drive slow hill climb in complete serenity. I also don't need to carry a lot of speed into the corner in low 2nd gear and throw passengers around (worse in SUV). Anytime a commercial truck is obstructing the way, easy overtake swiftly. Being able to overtake quickly is for family safety too.

For performance, perfect family car would be the 600hp Audi RS6 Wagon. Wagon has 90% of SUV loading space, with the low center of gravity of a sedan.
Still working hard to own one, until then my current 400hp is the compromise.

P/S: I had 1050kg 1.6NA Corolla before, I know the struggles during hill climb very well. Someone slow down in front of me felt like end of the world, the car would take forever to get back into speed. With family+luggages, 3rd gear floor the throttle, the freaking speed was dropping at some sections, had to drop back to 2nd gear.
This I agreed with you. Enough power to merge with fast lane is very important to me, I hate it when a car struggle with uphill climb or lack of punch when needed to overtake.

This post has been edited by Xccess: Apr 13 2021, 04:25 PM
Xccess
post Apr 13 2021, 04:31 PM

Twinkle lil Stars
2,695 posts

QUOTE(EnergyAnalyst @ Apr 13 2021, 03:37 PM)
Harrier is really a stick in between middle child....Neither here nor there....Really hard sell. Pricier but a lesser car compare to sibling RAV4, more so with others, so the only thing get going for it is really BRAND power (RV?) But still a hard sell nonetheless
With this kinda price for Harrier, one can get a pre-owned 2019 GLC suv that comes with turbocharged engine.

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0136sec    0.35    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 08:28 PM