Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> new Toyota Harrier vs new HRV

views

TSEnergyAnalyst
post Apr 7 2021, 11:34 AM

Regular
1,777 posts

https://gaadiwaadi.com/2021-honda-hr-v-real...erior-detailed/

News HRV/Vezel do looks very nice and a vast improvement of its current self...
Mr Mercedes
post Apr 7 2021, 03:36 PM

Getting Started
90 posts

QUOTE(constant_weight @ Apr 6 2021, 05:16 PM)
XC40 anytime. I can't accept the power deficit on new Harrier, it is a big SUV.

I'm not a SUV person, but if I'm in market for one.

B segment 180hp+
C segment 250hp+
Executive C segment 300hp+
D segment/7 seaters 400hp+

Those are not drive fast performance requirement. To me, those are thresholds for SUV not to struggle with fully loaded family + luggage.

Imagine, 2 adults + 2 kids typically small young family, full luggages with stroller etc in the trunks going on a road trips.
Your kids are sleeping, on premium sound systems going up Genting slowly, enjoy the views and casual small talk with wife, giggles along the way. Won't you prefer your car not to rev hard, for the family comfort? I do.

The power reserve allow me to be that anal asshole who drive slow hill climb in complete serenity. I also don't need to carry a lot of speed into the corner in low 2nd gear and throw passengers around (worse in SUV). Anytime a commercial truck is obstructing the way, easy overtake swiftly. Being able to overtake quickly is for family safety too.

For performance, perfect family car would be the 600hp Audi RS6 Wagon. Wagon has 90% of SUV loading space, with the low center of gravity of a sedan.
Still working hard to own one, until then my current 400hp is the compromise.

P/S: I had 1050kg 1.6NA Corolla before, I know the struggles during hill climb very well. Someone slow down in front of me felt like end of the world, the car would take forever to get back into speed. With family+luggages, 3rd gear floor the throttle, the freaking speed was dropping at some sections, had to drop back to 2nd gear.
This being said, most SUVs available here are a tad underpowered.

TSEnergyAnalyst
post Apr 7 2021, 08:04 PM

Regular
1,777 posts

From Paut*n...

The leaked document reveals that the fourth-generation Harrier will be powered by a 2.0 litre Dynamic Force naturally-aspirated four-cylinder engine, which produces 173 PS 6,600 rpm and 203 Nm of torque from 4,400 to 4,900 rpm. Drive is sent to the front wheels through a Direct Shift-CVT, enabling a century sprint time of 9.7 seconds before topping out at 190 km/h. The average fuel consumption is 15.3 km per litre, or 6.5 litres per 100 km.

Only one engine option is available, so it’s likely we’ll be missing out on the hybrid version with the larger 2.5 litre Dynamic Force mill (218 PS, available in Singapore).
Such a bummer...Well struck out from consideration if that is the case.

Adios Amigo's bye.gif
Jedi
post Apr 9 2021, 10:06 PM

Pax Et Bonum
2,177 posts

Pricing potong stim, this price can buy a 330e with very little top up for 330i (with the discount from professional body that I am)

Otherwise it looks glorious like a Macan, but the price really potong stim.
SgtScoop
post Apr 9 2021, 11:21 PM

Getting Started
122 posts

It just struck me that they deliberately made the new Harrier a bit shit so that the Lexus version will be the one everyone wants. 2021, that fucking bezel man.
babygrand123
post Apr 9 2021, 11:55 PM

On my way
526 posts

150K vs 250K
amad108
post Apr 10 2021, 06:17 AM

too much of something is bad enough
971 posts

harrier is rm250k with better fuel consumption compare previous turbo model, and the new sunroof that can turn matte if too hot.. that's new one.. it is a bigger vehicle though.. comfortable is the middle name for harrier though.. year 2010 model already comfortable enough..
jagadis
post Apr 10 2021, 06:25 AM

Aspire to Inspire before we expire
912 posts

QUOTE(danielisme @ Apr 6 2021, 12:44 PM)
totally different class ..wrong comparison
thinking of getting HRV, baik ambil X70
For now. Things might change when the new hrv comes out.
TSEnergyAnalyst
post Apr 10 2021, 10:23 PM

Regular
1,777 posts

QUOTE(Jedi @ Apr 9 2021, 10:06 PM)
Pricing potong stim, this price can buy a 330e with very little top up for 330i (with the discount from professional body that I am)
Otherwise it looks glorious like a Macan, but the price really potong stim.
Yes....Never thought could use this for any Toyota before...LOOKs Glorious....That is a first. But then one you looks skin deep, you realized "such as shame, that is IT?"

TSEnergyAnalyst
post Apr 10 2021, 10:26 PM

Regular
1,777 posts

QUOTE(SgtScoop @ Apr 9 2021, 11:21 PM)
It just struck me that they deliberately made the new Harrier a bit shit so that the Lexus version will be the one everyone wants. 2021, that fucking bezel man.
Perhaps that was the strategy but it just makes this Harrier kind of a sacrificial lamb, since even RAV4 ( which has many similarities ) makes a better choice (so long that you can tolerate the plain Jane look)
<-- no content -->
Xccess
post Apr 12 2021, 10:00 PM

Twinkle lil Stars
2,509 posts

QUOTE(constant_weight @ Apr 6 2021, 05:16 PM)
XC40 anytime. I can't accept the power deficit on new Harrier, it is a big SUV.

I'm not a SUV person, but if I'm in market for one.

B segment 180hp+
C segment 250hp+
Executive C segment 300hp+
D segment/7 seaters 400hp+

Those are not drive fast performance requirement. To me, those are thresholds for SUV not to struggle with fully loaded family + luggage.

Imagine, 2 adults + 2 kids typically small young family, full luggages with stroller etc in the trunks going on a road trips.
Your kids are sleeping, on premium sound systems going up Genting slowly, enjoy the views and casual small talk with wife, giggles along the way. Won't you prefer your car not to rev hard, for the family comfort? I do.

The power reserve allow me to be that anal asshole who drive slow hill climb in complete serenity. I also don't need to carry a lot of speed into the corner in low 2nd gear and throw passengers around (worse in SUV). Anytime a commercial truck is obstructing the way, easy overtake swiftly. Being able to overtake quickly is for family safety too.

For performance, perfect family car would be the 600hp Audi RS6 Wagon. Wagon has 90% of SUV loading space, with the low center of gravity of a sedan.
Still working hard to own one, until then my current 400hp is the compromise.

P/S: I had 1050kg 1.6NA Corolla before, I know the struggles during hill climb very well. Someone slow down in front of me felt like end of the world, the car would take forever to get back into speed. With family+luggages, 3rd gear floor the throttle, the freaking speed was dropping at some sections, had to drop back to 2nd gear.
This I agreed with you. Enough power to merge with fast lane is very important to me, I hate it when a car struggle with uphill climb or lack of punch when needed to overtake.

This post has been edited by Xccess: Apr 13 2021, 04:25 PM
TSEnergyAnalyst
post Apr 13 2021, 03:37 PM

Regular
1,777 posts

QUOTE(Xccess @ Apr 12 2021, 10:00 PM)
This is agree with you. Enough power to merge with fast lane is very important to me, I hate it when a car struggle with uphill climb or lack of punch when needed to overtake.
Harrier is really a stick in between middle child....Neither here nor there....Really hard sell. Pricier but a lesser car compare to sibling RAV4, more so with others, so the only thing get going for it is really BRAND power (RV?) But still a hard sell nonetheless
Xccess
post Apr 13 2021, 04:31 PM

Twinkle lil Stars
2,509 posts

QUOTE(EnergyAnalyst @ Apr 13 2021, 03:37 PM)
Harrier is really a stick in between middle child....Neither here nor there....Really hard sell. Pricier but a lesser car compare to sibling RAV4, more so with others, so the only thing get going for it is really BRAND power (RV?) But still a hard sell nonetheless
With this kinda price for Harrier, one can get a pre-owned 2019 GLC suv that comes with turbocharged engine.
BravoZeroTwo
post Apr 13 2021, 04:35 PM

Regular
1,054 posts

New HRV launching soon. Worth waiting.
kirakun
post Apr 13 2021, 05:18 PM

On my way
546 posts

QUOTE(EnergyAnalyst @ Apr 13 2021, 03:37 PM)
If I’m to choose I’ll be going recon. Harrier on 2.0L NA is not worth the price tag unless of course it’s 3.5L NA. It will be like driving an overweight car with tiny engine output. Pretty sure lots will be shying away and go for recon Lexus or 3rd gen harrier with turbo. Grey importer should be “very happy” on announcement of 4th gen harrier release I bet haha.

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0213sec    0.73    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 16th April 2021 - 10:50 AM