Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Help me choose between these 3., 3 choices.

The 3 choices.

Volvo XC90 [ 9 ] ** [28.12%]
VW Touareg. [ 9 ] ** [28.12%]
Volvo XC60 [ 14 ] ** [43.75%]
Total Votes: 32
Guests cannot vote 
views

TSAsquith
post Apr 5 2021, 07:54 PM, updated 2w ago

On my way
647 posts

Looking for opinions on this.

Need there are these 3 options available for me and I need to select 1.

Maintenance is not under me as it is a company car.

Situation :
Boss A : Take the Touareg.
Boss B : Take the Volvo XC90.
Myself : I prefer a Land Rover Defender but it is not an option.

The choices are :-

1.) 14 month old Volvo XC90, it is a full specification PHEV minus the B&W sound system. It has a 118 number plate. I do not like the white colour. Also car reeks as the previous person that used it smoked in it. Boss B said to take this because it projects a better image and is more comfortable to ride in.

2.) 3 month old VW Touareg. It is a full specification model with the 3.0l engine in it. It has a 168 number plate. Only done 900km as the person it was purchased for resigned 2 weeks after getting it and it had been parked since then. Boss A told me to take on this car as it came out of his budget last Jan.

3.) New Volvo XC60, full spec PHEV model. Random number and any colour I want. Both bosses are indifferent to it. It does not drive anywhere near as well as the Touareg but I like it in the sense that it feels less bulky to drive.

Also primarily driven from house to office which is 9km away. The other usage would be to visit clients, visit sites (mainly production and research facilities up to 200km away) and some entertainment purposes due to the line and job role.

I do not have a car charger at the place I live at and the ones at work place are public ones that are always full.
ktek
post Apr 5 2021, 09:01 PM

워터파크
9,468 posts

as u say company car. fuel claim full.
why bother to charge
ktek
post Apr 5 2021, 09:03 PM

워터파크
9,468 posts

if u already have big car, choose smallest lo
have small car, choose biggest

nothing to worry one
ktek
post Apr 5 2021, 09:04 PM

워터파크
9,468 posts

seems like u r boss c.
haha i guess only
constant_weight
post Apr 5 2021, 09:05 PM

Getting Started
176 posts

QUOTE(Asquith @ Apr 5 2021, 07:54 PM)

Situation :

1.) 14 month old Volvo XC90, it is a full specification PHEV minus the B&W sound system. It has a 118 number plate. I do not like the white colour. Also car reeks as the previous person that used it smoked in it. Boss B said to take this because it projects a better image and is more comfortable to ride in.

2.) 3 month old VW Touareg. It is a full specification model with the 3.0l engine in it. It has a 168 number plate. Only done 900km as the person it was purchased for resigned 2 weeks after getting it and it had been parked since then. Boss A told me to take on this car as it came out of his budget last Jan.

3.) New Volvo XC60, full spec PHEV model. Random number and any colour I want. Both bosses are indifferent to it. It does not drive anywhere near as well as the Touareg but I like it in the sense that it feels less bulky to drive.

Also primarily driven from house to office which is 9km away. The other usage would be to visit clients, visit sites (mainly production and research facilities up to 200km away) and some entertainment purposes due to the line and job role.

I do not have a car charger at the place I live at and the ones at work place are public ones that are always full.
I have S60 T8 with same PHEV drivetrain. In terms for performance, 0-160km/h the T8 are beast. Over 160km/h to 250km/h limiter, it would struggle with keep up with 3.0L turbo that has similar peak horsepower like M340i, CLS53, C43.

In terms of refinement, daily commute comfort Volvo comes on top, you get the serenity of like a moving house. Feels calm, it is a very special sensation.
Mine come with Harman Kardon, it is already so good. B&W provide better separation, you will hear different instruments that you didn't notice even for song that you familiar with.
All the 15 B&W speakers doesn't just play, the system adjust the delay of individual speaker such that music reach your ears together with no interference.

If you are techie person, you will find Volvo plain (it's a will tidied house, everything just seems logic and neat, nothing fancy).
This is where you find the Touareg (any VW or Audi) shines. The info on the driver instrument cluster is next level. The map overlay view is soooooooo good, I think no one did the map overlay better than VAG.

Lastly Volvo comes with Pilot Assist 2. PA2 works really well, keep your car self center on the highway. The real actively keep the car at the right center of the lane, not some lane departure warning/assist. The LDW is always active, you don't have to do anything to enable it (with option to switch off). I had a few lonely 700km drive, it greatly reduce the stress. Probably useful and safe for you if you off work late from your 200km away remote facilities and in fatigue. I think Touareg come with driver assistant in Malaysia.

It is up to you, personally I would reject the cigarette car first.

digilife
post Apr 6 2021, 12:53 PM

The MNP guy, its me yeah.
7,971 posts

Situation :

Take Option #2 because its a newer vehicle and petrol is not your concern .

Nice car than go through minor flooded area too
unitron
post Apr 6 2021, 01:02 PM

W1(R)3d
2,544 posts

I want to know TS work for which GLC... lol... so good car benefits.
I would take the VW over the Volvo.
TSAsquith
post Apr 7 2021, 05:37 PM

On my way
647 posts

QUOTE(ktek @ Apr 5 2021, 09:03 PM)
if u already have big car, choose smallest lo
have small car, choose biggest

nothing to worry one
It will be my only car .

QUOTE(constant_weight @ Apr 5 2021, 09:05 PM)
I have S60 T8 with same PHEV drivetrain. In terms for performance, 0-160km/h the T8 are beast. Over 160km/h to 250km/h limiter, it would struggle with keep up with 3.0L turbo that has similar peak horsepower like M340i, CLS53, C43.

In terms of refinement, daily commute comfort Volvo comes on top, you get the serenity of like a moving house. Feels calm, it is a very special sensation.
Mine come with Harman Kardon, it is already so good. B&W provide better separation, you will hear different instruments that you didn't notice even for song that you familiar with.
All the 15 B&W speakers doesn't just play, the system adjust the delay of individual speaker such that music reach your ears together with no interference.

If you are techie person, you will find Volvo plain (it's a will tidied house, everything just seems logic and neat, nothing fancy).
This is where you find the Touareg (any VW or Audi) shines. The info on the driver instrument cluster is next level. The map overlay view is soooooooo good, I think no one did the map overlay better than VAG.

Lastly Volvo comes with Pilot Assist 2. PA2 works really well, keep your car self center on the highway. The real actively keep the car at the right center of the lane, not some lane departure warning/assist. The LDW is always active, you don't have to do anything to enable it (with option to switch off). I had a few lonely 700km drive, it greatly reduce the stress. Probably useful and safe for you if you off work late from your 200km away remote facilities and in fatigue. I think Touareg come with driver assistant in Malaysia.

It is up to you, personally I would reject the cigarette car first.
Either car I doubt there are places to drive above 80 to 100 km/h around here as anywhere within a 300km radius here is perpetually jammed up.

The Touareg does have some type of driver assist systems but not sure if it is anywhere near as advanced as the one in the Volvo.

Still considering between the Touareg and the XC60 as I rejected the XC90.

QUOTE(unitron @ Apr 6 2021, 01:02 PM)
I want to know TS work for which GLC... lol... so good car benefits.
I would take the VW over the Volvo.
It is not in Malaysia.

ktek
post Apr 7 2021, 05:39 PM

워터파크
9,468 posts

only one car then biggest will do
speedy3210
post Apr 7 2021, 08:13 PM

Getting Started
261 posts

Situation :

Since bosses are indifferent to XC60 choice, take the Polestar option as well.
Mr Mercedes
post Apr 8 2021, 03:44 PM

Getting Started
90 posts

168..... sounds like one of those insurance agency car plate numbers.

I'd take the Touareg. It's a reskinned Cayenne.
TSAsquith
post Apr 9 2021, 01:18 AM

On my way
647 posts

QUOTE(speedy3210 @ Apr 7 2021, 08:13 PM)
Since bosses are indifferent to XC60 choice, take the Polestar option as well.
Unable to select that as it goes above the budget otherwise.

QUOTE(Mr Mercedes @ Apr 8 2021, 03:44 PM)
168..... sounds like one of those insurance agency car plate numbers.

I'd take the Touareg. It's a reskinned Cayenne.
It was driven by a Hongkie.

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0479sec    0.75    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 16th April 2021 - 09:45 AM